• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 12:12 PM

Timmy Thomas has had the best season a goaltender ever has had. If they played him instead of Miller in the Olympics, perhaps he would have joined the triple gold club too... Big IF...

He might not be in the Hall of Fame when his career is over, but this season will be.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#22 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,564 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 03:42 PM

Yeah that goal by Crosby on Miller was a good one, but watching the clips online (I cannot find one with a slow-mo replay???) shows me that Thomas might have had a chance. Ah, what could have been...

Also, thats super cool about the Perani/Thomas connection in Flint. I hope he does bring the Cup there this summer/fall!

#23 MulesWillFly93

MulesWillFly93

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 04:02 PM

Well done, Timmy! Scratch that - awesomely done! I love a comeback story and I love a kick-some-ass story, so to have the two combined is pretty sweet, and it couldn't happen to a cooler guy. Congrats on the Cup and the Conn Smythe - enjoy!

Nobody lives forever.
Some things never die.
Like up in the land of ice and snow,
They tell me that a Red Wing always flies.
RIP Ruslan Salei - Brad McCrimmon - Stefan Liv - Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
(Orig. lyrics - Ray Wylie Hubbard, "Airplane Fell Down in Dixie")

#24 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 05:29 PM

Yeah that goal by Crosby on Miller was a good one, but watching the clips online (I cannot find one with a slow-mo replay???) shows me that Thomas might have had a chance. Ah, what could have been...

Also, thats super cool about the Perani/Thomas connection in Flint. I hope he does bring the Cup there this summer/fall!

I buy my stuff there! I wonder if I can be a late bloomer in the NHL!! :lol: (not serious folks)
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#25 Donaldjr2448

Donaldjr2448

LETS GO REDWINGS!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 06:14 PM

Congrads Timmy! I have been a big fan of this guy for awhile now. He struggled at the beginning of the year and then took over when Rask started to decline. I too live near the Flint area and would LOVE to see Timmy T bring Stanley back to its home!! Maybe Holland can convince him to sit behind Jimmy Howard next year :ph34r: Just Kiddin!

#26 Jedi

Jedi

Spell Forged - Unparalleled Quality

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,809 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 06:18 PM

Easiest Conn Smythe pick since Zetterberg, if not farther back. He was absolutely lights out, and is well deserving of the playoff MVP nod. 8 goals in the final 8 games? Unbelievable.

Congrats to Tim!

snyoep.jpg
"I am the sword in the darkness... I am the watcher on the walls...
I am the shield that guards the realms of men..."

#27 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 06:35 PM

I'm definitely going if he brings it to Perani.

#28 SuperNovaXll

SuperNovaXll

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,699 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 07:09 PM

I was so happy to see Thomas play so well.
Great performance by a great person.

Also if the wings couldnt win it. Im happy another original 6 team was able to get it done.
Long Island Wings Fan since 1991

#29 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 09:05 PM

Even though I was routing for the Canucks, I've always like Thomas.

And I gotta give him mad props, he played an amazing series. He definitely deserves it.

#30 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,625 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 11:00 AM

He absolutely deserved it. I'm happy to see him win the Cup.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#31 Dimaline312000

Dimaline312000

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 01:14 PM

It was great to see Tim win the Conn Smythe and the Cup!! He definetly deserves it. I'm thrilled the Bruins won the Cup there is at least 3 players on th Bruins that has a Michigan Connection. Tim Thomas being From Flint Michigan. Mark Recchi played for the old Muskegon Lumberjacks in the old IHL and Chris Kelly played for the Muskegon Fury in the UHL so it was definetly great to see all of them get the Cup. Nice work Timmy Thomas and the Boston Bruins Congrats!!

#32 Rick D

Rick D

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 01:32 PM

I would have given Thomas the Conn Smythe even if boston had lost.

Eff Chicago

Eff Boston

#33 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,274 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 05:59 PM

Tim Thomas aka the Tank

http://en.wikipedia....as_(ice_hockey)

Played for the Vipers
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#34 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,419 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 10:54 AM

1: Always good when an O6 team wins, no doubt about that, if it isn't the Wings glad it could be an O6.
2: Glad it was the B's, it is fun to live in this area and be a sports fan, people live and die with their teams, I spent every game night of the playoffs texting with buddies about the game.
3: Tim Thomas was the man, no other way to say it. Luongo gave up more goals in 2 games than Thomas did in the series.

Now to my point, after Bobby Lou ran his mouth, am I the only one who found myself thinking: "hmmm, pretty sure Thomas makes that save."

I mean he was so deep in the net it is like he is allergic to white paint.

Tim Thomas played inspired, hard nose, aggressive hockey and it was fun to watch him outshine the entire Van team himself.

Very well deserved Conn Smythe Win or lose, but glad he got the W!

"The more I know about people - the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock

#35 BostonBruinsDan1924

BostonBruinsDan1924

Rookie

• Pip
  • 178 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 08:41 AM

While Chara wins the Norris Trophy, Thomas will be completing the hardware hat trick with winning the Vezina Trophy.

#36 Greatness=PavelDatsyuk

Greatness=PavelDatsyuk

First Line Center

• PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 11:23 AM

While Chara wins the Norris Trophy, Thomas will be completing the hardware hat trick with winning the Vezina Trophy.

Chara winning the Norris :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Edited by Greatness=PavelDatsyuk, 22 June 2011 - 11:24 AM.

Posted Image

#37 BostonBruinsDan1924

BostonBruinsDan1924

Rookie

• Pip
  • 178 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 03:01 PM

Chara has played a huge role in bringing Lord Stanley's Cup back to the city we call The Hub of Hockey. I think his numbers will speak for themselves versus the other guys.

Attached Files

#38 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,044 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 07:31 PM

Chara has played a huge role in bringing Lord Stanley's Cup back to the city we call The Hub of Hockey. I think his numbers will speak for themselves versus the other guys.

Clearly his numbers did speak for themselves... as the 3rd best defenceman in the NHL this season ;)

#NOMOREKINDL

#39 BostonBruinsDan1924

BostonBruinsDan1924

Rookie

• Pip
  • 178 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 07:54 PM

Congradulations to Tim Thomas...the best save % in NHL history and for winning the hardware hat trick. WAY TO GO TIMMY!!!

Attached Files

#40 BostonBruinsDan1924

BostonBruinsDan1924

Rookie

• Pip
  • 178 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 08:19 PM

Congradulations Nick and Wing fans...I'm sure he'll enjoy this one since it is an end of an era.

Attached Files