• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Majsheppard

Morons at large

Rate this topic

Yes, in front of the cops, while puckering up for a kiss.

cusimano_brothers link kinda went ignored -- was her boyfriend and she was injured by the cops and their shield being at the wrong place at the wrong time, boyfriend was comforting her.

I lol'd at the Waldo thing. I was trying to find Waldo but instead saw something I didn't want to see. Now if you'll excuse me, I will go wash my eyes out with some pictures of nude womanz, preferably in santa hats or some Waldo-related attire while using the Men in Black de-neuralyzer or maybe some vodka to shed my memory of such vile things.

How are you in the wrong place at the wrong time? Did she have her iPod on and was she blind? How do you wander into the middle of a riot? Lol

LOL!!!!!! This is just great

The lady in this video sure gets a medal from me... The only one to stand up to the rioters.

http://www.theglobea...7/?from=2063031

Sadly I just saw a video of this guy actually hitting the bank with the stick so he was a rioter, infact the video had his name and what school he goes to as well. He is in Highschool, some place in Richmond. Unless of course he had an interesting way of trying to stop said riot.

Guest Shoreline

How are you in the wrong place at the wrong time? Did she have her iPod on and was she blind? How do you wander into the middle of a riot? Lol

Most videos I see of riots where people get smacked around like that were just nearby trying to figure out what the commotion is about. People don't inherently run away when they see others doing stupid things, and the cops don't exactly care whether or not someone notices them. Similarly, a guy trying protect his store from looting and shoo people away got pushed into a crowd and had the s*** beat out of him before the crowd around him dispersed -- a few people coming to his aid. Sounds awful familiar.

Anyhow, I can hardly call these people that busted up all of this stuff "Canucks fans" anymore than I can call any black person in Detroit who robs a liquor store a "Red Wings fan".

What's mind boggling to me is how the police were surprised by all of this. I saw this coming and even said so after watching Game 6 at the in-law's, win or lose, a riot in Vancouver. With all the people that showed up, and the emotion behind the event, what did they expect? What happens with large crowds at G* events? They pass out flowers and hold hands?

These were individuals who intended on causing damage without regard to the game. I'm glad there has been Facebook groups and other media set up to make these people pay. This was not an act against a hostile government, but a random act of violence upon other citizens and their local economy. I wonder if those people realize that this winds up costing taxpayers even more money. How much they care? Well, one video showed a guy trying to stop people from bashing the f*** out of a semi-overturned vehicle, saying "this is our city", initially dispersing them, however, a few cool douchebags went up and smacked the car some more anyways to spite him.

This is also something that would certainly happen in Toronto and especially Montreal -- rest assured.

I've been hearing reports on the radio that the city of Vancouver and the police were unprepared, and completely underestimated the situation. Despite some early rioting before the Olympics, the city was safe, so they based their decisions on the Olympics, not on what happened in 1994.

Apparently they didn't call for more police from the surrounding cities until after the riots started. They didn't even have them ready before. Also they continued to invite people downtown to watch the games without the proper police presence.

Edited by Barrie

Most videos I see of riots where people get smacked around like that were just nearby trying to figure out what the commotion is about. People don't inherently run away when they see others doing stupid things, and the cops don't exactly care whether or not someone notices them. Similarly, a guy trying protect his store from looting and shoo people away got pushed into a crowd and had the s*** beat out of him before the crowd around him dispersed -- a few people coming to his aid. Sounds awful familiar.

Anyhow, I can hardly call these people that busted up all of this stuff "Canucks fans" anymore than I can call any black person in Detroit who robs a liquor store a "Red Wings fan".

What's mind boggling to me is how the police were surprised by all of this. I saw this coming and even said so after watching Game 6 at the in-law's, win or lose, a riot in Vancouver. With all the people that showed up, and the emotion behind the event, what did they expect? What happens with large crowds at G* events? They pass out flowers and hold hands?

These were individuals who intended on causing damage without regard to the game. I'm glad there has been Facebook groups and other media set up to make these people pay. This was not an act against a hostile government, but a random act of violence upon other citizens and their local economy. I wonder if those people realize that this winds up costing taxpayers even more money. How much they care? Well, one video showed a guy trying to stop people from bashing the f*** out of a semi-overturned vehicle, saying "this is our city", initially dispersing them, however, a few cool douchebags went up and smacked the car some more anyways to spite him.

This is also something that would certainly happen in Toronto and especially Montreal -- rest assured.

Didn't it happen three times last year in Montreal? Lol.

If I saw senseless acts of violence occurring by a massive mob of people, I'd walk the either way, not towards the center. Plus, comparing a store owner protecting his livelihood isn't the same as a tiny woman wandering into the middle of a riot.

I hope every person gets caught and gets multiple felony counts. It's like those idiots that film themselves bashing mailboxes with baseball bats and then a disgruntled ex/gf gets a hold of it and gives it to the cops or people that go around filming themselves beating the s*** out of people and a disgruntled ex sending it to the cops.

Anyways, if that woman is a Vancouver fan, i bet she's faking an injury :P

Guest Shoreline

Didn't it happen three times last year in Montreal? Lol.

It did, although strangely if Montreal went by Vancouver's mentality they'd expect no riots next time. Naaaah. Not today. Smash, kaboom, splat.

If I saw senseless acts of violence occurring by a massive mob of people, I'd walk the either way, not towards the center. Plus, comparing a store owner protecting his livelihood isn't the same as a tiny woman wandering into the middle of a riot.

Really, who knows why she was there. I've seen plenty of videos of passer-by's not quite understanding the events unfolding in front of them or nearby and becoming victims, be it their fault or not, and also it being interpreted differently by people not there. Whatever the reason, she wasn't getting raped in front of a line of cops.

All this poor guy wants to do is save his truck. Hope these f***ers get what's coming to them...

******* scumbags. I hope the guy he punched is in a coma. Glad to see the police were there :angry:

And that's the reason I have a CCW.

Edited by Konnan511

The Vancouver Police Department should have known that having Game Seven and Prom Night at the same time would lead to trouble.

I just don't understand how EVERYONE saw it coming days in advance, but the city of Vancouver didn't. Or how it took them an hour to get police dispersed.

Two points.

First off, they are wearing Canucks gear. You don't spend 200 bucks on a jersey without being a fan.

Secondly, why do they have to be black???

Yes, in front of the cops, while puckering up for a kiss.

cusimano_brothers link kinda went ignored -- was her boyfriend and she was injured by the cops and their shield being at the wrong place at the wrong time, boyfriend was comforting her.

I lol'd at the Waldo thing. I was trying to find Waldo but instead saw something I didn't want to see. Now if you'll excuse me, I will go wash my eyes out with some pictures of nude womanz, preferably in santa hats or some Waldo-related attire while using the Men in Black de-neuralyzer or maybe some vodka to shed my memory of such vile things.

I like how the guy on top of the truck giving it the stink eye. No one else seems to notice lol

Guest Shoreline

Two points.

First off, they are wearing Canucks gear. You don't spend 200 bucks on a jersey without being a fan.

Firstly, let me rephrase that then to fit your post as the point went skyrocketing over your head:

Anyhow, I can hardly call these people that busted up all of this stuff "Canucks fans" anymore than I can call any black person in Detroit who robs a liquor store wearing a Red Wings jersey a "Red Wings fan".

Secondly, because it's a stereotype, and emphasized to make a point about nonsensical stereotypes. Defeats the purpose of making the point about stereotypes if I stereotype something that would not be stereotyped concerning Detroit, would it?

About the jersey, maybe they were given it? Does how they got the jersey depict whether or not they represent Canucks fans enough to give them a label accordingly? Obviously not. This is not a common occurrence amongst Canuck fans in the Vancouver region.

Thirdly, the rioting had little at all to do with the Canucks, beyond a few perhaps burning Bruins memorabilia. The fans from the game largely went home and either slept or got s***faced or whatever they did. Most of the rioters were already outside and intended to do what they did regardless of the game. I knew this would happen, win or loss, given the expected crowd. To reiterate, the G* events are another situation where one could point out ahead of time there would be riots. This does not depict Canuck fans, this depicts morons from the Vancouver region.

Two points.

First, not all jerseys cost $200. In fact, the majority of jerseys sold are cheap replicas.

Secondly, people in Vancouver have been planning on rioting after game 7 for weeks if not months. A lot of them were not hockey fans, but just wanted to get in on the riot so they could loot and steal s***, just like most all modern riots in North America. Remember LA? A lot of people left their houses when they heard the news on tv or the radio so they could go down to the riots to loot and steal s***.

Hell even in the pic on page two of this thread, you can see two kids in front of a burning car, and in the background you can see some blonde girl that does not look like she came from the hockey game or even knows what hockey is, coming out of a high end store with a smashed in front window with her arms filled with s*** she just stole.

I'm not so sure it would happen in Toronto. Toronto is the New York of Canada, so I think we have more respect for our city and are more business like, professional, and money/career driven than the people in Montreal and Vancouver. Montreal is a corrupt city run by the mob with a declining population, has a high school drop out rate of 50%, and huge problems with teenagers getting pregnant. Vancouver is full of hippies and drug addicts.

I think the Police would do a better job in Toronto as well. Toronto would party no question, and there would be arrests, injuries, and some damage, but I'm sure by midnight-1 am most people would go home to bed so they could get up for work the next day :lol:. Also Toronto wouldn't close down the downtown, since it's the business center of the country, and invite people to watch the game on the streets.

I heard on the radio today, when there was those riots in Toronto during the G20 meetings a while ago, most people that started the riots and got arrested came from Vancouver and Montreal. The Toronto media told the people who live in the area not to go downtown, and they listened. Plus the Toronto police were there in full force and stopped anything major from happening.

Maybe I'm crazy for thinking this way, but I just don't see major riots happening in Toronto.

Edit: I'll add, Ontario has the lowest crime rate in the country.

Edited by Barrie

BTW just as an aside, the couple making out in the street has been identified, and they weren't really making out. The woman had been knocked to the ground by a police shield and her boyfriend was giving her a kiss to say that she'd be alright. Apparently she has one hell of a nasty bruise on her leg, but that's it.

BTW just as an aside, the couple making out in the street has been identified, and they weren't really making out. The woman had been knocked to the ground by a police shield and her boyfriend was giving her a kiss to say that she'd be alright. Apparently she has one hell of a nasty bruise on her leg, but that's it.

The guy was from Perth in Australia! :lol: