• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Majsheppard

Morons at large

Rate this topic

Of course, Detroit looked very much the same back in October of 1984.

It was pretty crazy at "The Corner" that night. Plenty of cars got torched. Not sure if there was a death count higher than normal that night, but there certainly wasn't a lack of idiots celebrating. Just trying to keep some perspective.

ONE car got torched, no stabbings, no reporters beaten up - no perspective necessary. While Detroit fans were indeed being idiotic, that in no way compares to the Vancouver debacle.

This guy has the right idea, game over...... ok

a2gdnm.jpg

Getting laid in the middle of a riot must be the best story ever.

Somebody should photoshop the "This is what we live for" slogan they have been using this playoffs into one of the pics.

Im not going to lie, it looks fun to be in a riot, and just break everything you see, but because I have half a brain I know to stay away. Somebody should make a virtual reality riot game though...

Don't be so hard on the Canadians there fellas. It's got to be frustrating. After hockey season is over in the Deteroit, I just switch into baseball mode without ever missing a gear. What the hell are these poor S.O.B's gonna do until October?

i actually think riots like these are started by a bunch of hooligans who use the sporting occasion and the emotions that come with it to start trouble. they get a kick out of stirring up feelings in others. it reminds me of the soccer hooligans from england who supposedly travel to support the English national team, but go to the world competition just to cause trouble. they don't even bother going to the games, just cause trouble in the cities they are at.

An embarrassment to the NHL and Canada... these fools do not represent the majority of Canadians and this behavior makes me happy they didn't win but I'd put money there would have been the same actions of they had won also. They should have been fighting each other to get their hands on their team that just flushed the season down the toilet.

Congrats B's

On a lighter note, Ray Ferraro evidently tried to get the riots started before the game by attempting to put his nose through a plate glass window. I would add the twitter link but can't do that from work. See @TSNBobMcKenzie's feed for pics. Hope Landon's got better eyes than his old man.

Good collection of photos.

i actually think riots like these are started by a bunch of hooligans who use the sporting occasion and the emotions that come with it to start trouble. they get a kick out of stirring up feelings in others. it reminds me of the soccer hooligans from england who supposedly travel to support the English national team, but go to the world competition just to cause trouble. they don't even bother going to the games, just cause trouble in the cities they are at.

It isn't hard to notice that there is practically no one over the age of 30 taking part in this. Most of the people were in their twenties or younger.

I think the better question is who is the girl on the right in the back?

A hooker?

Anyway, this is getting mentioned on the news over here. Only way that hockey would be mentioned on UK national news so good job Vancouver :thumbdown:

in the end it is just a sport this is why real Canadians dont like French-Canadians(Montreal) and the West Coast, hope no one really died

Speak for yourself. I am a "real canadian" and I have no problems with french-canadians or western canadians. I believe "real canadians" would find your statement "borderline retarded".

Having said that, the people who took part in this riot should be ashamed of themselves.

Edited by mule

"Honey, I'm so glad we spent our life saving to start this store, this city is beautiful and the people are great"

"I know Babe, we made the right choice"

"Hey, what's that?"

"Oh nothing, it's looters and people trying to burn our store down"

"I love this city"

Idiots....

It isn't hard to notice that there is practically no one over the age of 30 taking part in this. Most of the people were in their twenties or younger.

Their age doesn't excuse the behavior, I don't care how young they are you should know that looting and rioting is wrong and stupid.

When the third period buzzer went, fans started throwing bottles and cans at the massive TV screens set up on Georgia Street and Hamilton Street, and the mayhem quickly escalated.

One Canucks fan reported that a man in a Bruins shirt turned to him and punched him in the face, leaving him bleeding.

The violence quickly escalated as a vehicle in front the Canada Post building was overturned, its bumper and doors ripped off before people jumped on top of it and set it on fire.