• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Majsheppard

Morons at large

Rate this topic

The funny thing is, no coverage in the States at all.

Because it's not Detroit. The coverage of the Pistons championship in California had me believing Detroit was burned to the ground; come to find out it was just one car that they're not even sure was part of the celebration and no real damage was done compared to this Vancouver deal. I think it's BS.

This is why you don't shut down an Asian's Math club for the summer:

252484_10150204449471398_536941397_7281600_1659819_n.jpg

This guy from what I have heard isn't actually a rioter, he grabbed the stick from a rioter and then was yelling at them defending the place. No way to confirm if it's true but my gut feeling from looking at the photo is that it is.

I'm surprised more people didn't simply do things like this as you can see people trying to stop them from demolishing the cop cars as well. To bad more were not there to help.

Edited by Nhurdi

Sigh.

This is a new one to keep in your pocket. Just say that the riots were started by Anarchist "disguised" as Canucks fans.

What a lame excuse.

When I got drunk at my cousins wedding and punched the bride, it was actually anarchists disguised as me.

While clearly not representative of every single Canucks fan in Vancouver, this is no less disturbing and incredibly embarrassing. For f***'s sake, you lost the Stanley Cup. You'll get over it. I don't recall Detroit burning when we lost in 2009. It sucks, you wish it didn't happen, but that's not an excuse to destroy property, start fires, and generally act like neanderthals let loose on the landscape.

The f*** is wrong with people sometimes? :huh:

This is not what you do.

I cannot believe how people are acting, purposefully emulating what happened in 94 after a loss.

I am glad they didn't win, they are so classless.

Let us always make sure that no matter what, we stay above this as Red Wings fans.

The type of people who loot and riot are either criminals looking for some quick cash or drunken idiots. Those kinds of people will happily start or join a riot for whatever reason. This isn't about hockey as much as it's about opportune criminals.

This is why you don't shut down an Asian's Math club for the summer:

Sorry, my mistake; I saw the picture, read quickly and thought it was "Meth".

From Toronto Star :

Jeff Marek, working a news desk in the crowd outside Rogers Arena, notes the “subdued” atmosphere and the “interesting aromas” around him. Everyone’s hoping Vancouver’s too high to riot.

Guest Crymson

Just read in an article that several officers were treated for "bite wounds".

WTF is with Vancouver and biting??

The officers stuck their fingers into the mouths of those who bit them, of course.

Really pathetic, feel bad for anyone that was harmed or had their vehicle destroyed. Vancouver should be banned from ever making the playoffs again if this is what idiots in the city are going to do.

This is not what you do.

I cannot believe how people are acting, purposefully emulating what happened in 94 after a loss.

I am glad they didn't win, they are so classless.

Let us always make sure that no matter what, we stay above this as Red Wings fans.

Amen to that!! Given Detroit's history, it always amazes me that nothing like this happens after a championship win or loss.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't remember any riots going on when the Redwings won or lost a championship series, or the Tigers in 06, or Pistons.

After last night's display, I had a hard time feeling any sympathy for the Vancouver fans. I know it's not fair, but seeing people getting roughed up for trying to protect their private property made me sick. It makes me hope the Canucks never get anywhere near another Stanley Cup final.

It's this sort of thing that gives the league a bad name. Check out some of the comments on ESPN and see what some are saying. Many seem to believe the league approves such behavior. I know it's ESPN, but still...

Pathetic. They riot over losing game 7 of a sporting event? Where are the riots and protests against their Government supporting a war on terror that is costing them their sons and daughters innocent lives and costing tons of money everyday?

For this act of stupidity I seriously hope Vancouver NEVER gets a Stanley Cup. What were they thinking, if they riot and show how mad they are, that the NHL will say ok, lets play the game again and this time you can win...

Edited by LeftWinger

Everyone here from Detroit better remember this if the Lions make it to the Super Bowl. DO NOT LET THIS HAPPEN HERE!!!

No worries there. They'd likely have to go through the Packers to get there and if that's the case....not gonna happen! :D

Caption Contest:

5839211370_b697d90e21_b.jpg

While trying to prove he's a man, poor Omar forgot to leave his Coach purse at home.

No worries there. They'd likely have to go through the Packers to get there and if that's the case....not gonna happen! :D

While trying to prove he's a man, "Omar" (guy on the left) forgot to leave his Coach purse at home.

Fixed for you!!! :)

:rotflmao:

Edited by Dominator2005

Amen to that!! Given Detroit's history, it always amazes me that nothing like this happens after a championship win or loss.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't remember any riots going on when the Redwings won or lost a championship series, or the Tigers in 06, or Pistons.

In 84 they rioted.

But that is the only time I can remember. People were actually surprised that people didn't riot in 04.

In 84 they rioted.

But that is the only time I can remember. People were actually surprised that people didn't riot in 04.

I am too young to remember 1984, but I don't think it was anywhere near as bad as Vancouver last night. That looked more like LA in 1992, or Detroit in 1967.

There must be something in the water in Vancouver, or maybe it's all the wackjobs beautiful places like that tend to attract.