• Please log in to reply
154 replies to this topic

#41 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,057 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 11:09 AM

I think the better question is who is the girl on the right in the back?

A hooker?

Anyway, this is getting mentioned on the news over here. Only way that hockey would be mentioned on UK national news so good job Vancouver :thumbdown:
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#42 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 11:10 AM

I think the better question is who is the girl on the right in the back?

She's probably the owner of that car.

#43 mule

mule

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 11:15 AM

in the end it is just a sport this is why real Canadians dont like French-Canadians(Montreal) and the West Coast, hope no one really died

Speak for yourself. I am a "real canadian" and I have no problems with french-canadians or western canadians. I believe "real canadians" would find your statement "borderline retarded".

Having said that, the people who took part in this riot should be ashamed of themselves.

Edited by mule, 16 June 2011 - 11:18 AM.

#44 Hockey13Playa

Hockey13Playa

Here's my card.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 11:16 AM

All I can say is wow...

Posted Image

#45 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 11:19 AM

Disgraceful. Depressing stuff.

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#46 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 11:44 AM

"Honey, I'm so glad we spent our life saving to start this store, this city is beautiful and the people are great"
"I know Babe, we made the right choice"
"Hey, what's that?"
"Oh nothing, it's looters and people trying to burn our store down"
"I love this city"

Idiots....
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#47 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 11:52 AM

It isn't hard to notice that there is practically no one over the age of 30 taking part in this. Most of the people were in their twenties or younger.

Their age doesn't excuse the behavior, I don't care how young they are you should know that looting and rioting is wrong and stupid.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#48 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 11:58 AM

This guy has the right idea, game over...... ok

Posted Image

Photoshopped.

#49 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 12:01 PM

Posted Image
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#50 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 12:10 PM

When the third period buzzer went, fans started throwing bottles and cans at the massive TV screens set up on Georgia Street and Hamilton Street, and the mayhem quickly escalated.

One Canucks fan reported that a man in a Bruins shirt turned to him and punched him in the face, leaving him bleeding.

The violence quickly escalated as a vehicle in front the Canada Post building was overturned, its bumper and doors ripped off before people jumped on top of it and set it on fire.

The Best Of BC
HankthaTank

#51 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 12:23 PM

Everyone here from Detroit better remember this if the Lions make it to the Super Bowl. DO NOT LET THIS HAPPEN HERE!!!
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#52 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 12:31 PM

This is why you don't shut down an Asian's Math club for the summer:
Posted Image
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank

#53 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 12:50 PM

Anyway, this is getting mentioned on the news over here. Only way that hockey would be mentioned on UK national news so good job Vancouver :thumbdown:

The funny thing is, no coverage in the States at all.

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#54 tsudzy

tsudzy

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 12:52 PM

Caption Contest:
Posted Image

Look, Ma, Vancouver is just like home in Baghdad!

#55 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 12:57 PM

Posted Image

I wish I could give this more than a +1 :lol:

#56 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,180 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 01:03 PM

The funny thing is, no coverage in the States at all.

Because it's not Detroit. The coverage of the Pistons championship in California had me believing Detroit was burned to the ground; come to find out it was just one car that they're not even sure was part of the celebration and no real damage was done compared to this Vancouver deal. I think it's BS.
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#57 Nhurdi

Nhurdi

• PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 01:03 PM

Posted Image

This guy from what I have heard isn't actually a rioter, he grabbed the stick from a rioter and then was yelling at them defending the place. No way to confirm if it's true but my gut feeling from looking at the photo is that it is.

I'm surprised more people didn't simply do things like this as you can see people trying to stop them from demolishing the cop cars as well. To bad more were not there to help.

Edited by Nhurdi, 16 June 2011 - 01:04 PM.

#58 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 01:25 PM

Sigh.

This is a new one to keep in your pocket. Just say that the riots were started by Anarchist "disguised" as Canucks fans.

What a lame excuse.

When I got drunk at my cousins wedding and punched the bride, it was actually anarchists disguised as me.

#59 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 01:57 PM

While clearly not representative of every single Canucks fan in Vancouver, this is no less disturbing and incredibly embarrassing. For f***'s sake, you lost the Stanley Cup. You'll get over it. I don't recall Detroit burning when we lost in 2009. It sucks, you wish it didn't happen, but that's not an excuse to destroy property, start fires, and generally act like neanderthals let loose on the landscape.

The f*** is wrong with people sometimes? :huh:

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#60 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 02:00 PM

This is not what you do.

I cannot believe how people are acting, purposefully emulating what happened in 94 after a loss.

I am glad they didn't win, they are so classless.

Let us always make sure that no matter what, we stay above this as Red Wings fans.

The type of people who loot and riot are either criminals looking for some quick cash or drunken idiots. Those kinds of people will happily start or join a riot for whatever reason. This isn't about hockey as much as it's about opportune criminals.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft