154 replies to this topic

#61 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 02:07 PM

This is why you don't shut down an Asian's Math club for the summer:

Sorry, my mistake; I saw the picture, read quickly and thought it was "Meth".

From Toronto Star :

Jeff Marek, working a news desk in the crowd outside Rogers Arena, notes the “subdued” atmosphere and the “interesting aromas” around him. Everyone’s hoping Vancouver’s too high to riot.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#62 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,261 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 02:48 PM

Just read in an article that several officers were treated for "bite wounds".

WTF is with Vancouver and biting??
Posted Image

#63 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 02:54 PM

Just read in an article that several officers were treated for "bite wounds".

WTF is with Vancouver and biting??

The officers stuck their fingers into the mouths of those who bit them, of course.

#64 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,261 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 03:07 PM

The officers stuck their fingers into the mouths of those who bit them, of course.

lol.

I'm sure there is no conclusive evidence of it either.
Posted Image

#65 MGreenberg

MGreenberg

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 03:32 PM

Really pathetic, feel bad for anyone that was harmed or had their vehicle destroyed. Vancouver should be banned from ever making the playoffs again if this is what idiots in the city are going to do.

#66 Redwings 1926

Redwings 1926

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 03:50 PM

This is not what you do.

I cannot believe how people are acting, purposefully emulating what happened in 94 after a loss.

I am glad they didn't win, they are so classless.

Let us always make sure that no matter what, we stay above this as Red Wings fans.

Amen to that!! Given Detroit's history, it always amazes me that nothing like this happens after a championship win or loss.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't remember any riots going on when the Redwings won or lost a championship series, or the Tigers in 06, or Pistons.

After last night's display, I had a hard time feeling any sympathy for the Vancouver fans. I know it's not fair, but seeing people getting roughed up for trying to protect their private property made me sick. It makes me hope the Canucks never get anywhere near another Stanley Cup final.

It's this sort of thing that gives the league a bad name. Check out some of the comments on ESPN and see what some are saying. Many seem to believe the league approves such behavior. I know it's ESPN, but still...

#67 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 03:53 PM

Disgraceful. Depressing stuff.

QFT

No other words.
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#68 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,268 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 03:58 PM

VANCOUVER = L O S E R S
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#69 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,735 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 04:01 PM

Pathetic. They riot over losing game 7 of a sporting event? Where are the riots and protests against their Government supporting a war on terror that is costing them their sons and daughters innocent lives and costing tons of money everyday?

For this act of stupidity I seriously hope Vancouver NEVER gets a Stanley Cup. What were they thinking, if they riot and show how mad they are, that the NHL will say ok, lets play the game again and this time you can win...

Edited by LeftWinger, 16 June 2011 - 04:03 PM.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#70 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 04:07 PM

Everyone here from Detroit better remember this if the Lions make it to the Super Bowl. DO NOT LET THIS HAPPEN HERE!!!

No worries there. They'd likely have to go through the Packers to get there and if that's the case....not gonna happen! :D

Caption Contest:
Posted Image

While trying to prove he's a man, poor Omar forgot to leave his Coach purse at home.
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#71 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,268 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 04:08 PM

No worries there. They'd likely have to go through the Packers to get there and if that's the case....not gonna happen! :D

While trying to prove he's a man, "Omar" (guy on the left) forgot to leave his Coach purse at home.

Fixed for you!!! :)

:rotflmao:

Edited by Dominator2005, 16 June 2011 - 04:09 PM.

"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#72 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 04:15 PM

Fixed for you!!! :)

:rotflmao:

Edited!

#73 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,340 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 04:23 PM

Amen to that!! Given Detroit's history, it always amazes me that nothing like this happens after a championship win or loss.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't remember any riots going on when the Redwings won or lost a championship series, or the Tigers in 06, or Pistons.

In 84 they rioted.

But that is the only time I can remember. People were actually surprised that people didn't riot in 04.

Posted Image

#74 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,938 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 04:35 PM

I heard on the radio people are calling Vancouver, "Vandlecouver". I was thinking, Montreal's had 3 riots since 2008, I'm going to call them, "Mobtreal".
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#75 Redwings 1926

Redwings 1926

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 04:48 PM

In 84 they rioted.

But that is the only time I can remember. People were actually surprised that people didn't riot in 04.

I am too young to remember 1984, but I don't think it was anywhere near as bad as Vancouver last night. That looked more like LA in 1992, or Detroit in 1967.

There must be something in the water in Vancouver, or maybe it's all the wackjobs beautiful places like that tend to attract.

#76 Casey

Casey

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 04:56 PM

Let's see...

'95? Nope.
'97? Nope.
'98? Nope.
'02? Nope.
'08? Nope.
'09? Nope.

Toss in the Pistons in '04 and the Tigers WS loss in '06, and I can't remember a single riot amongst fans in Detroit. Act like you've been there before, Canuckleheads!
Posted Image
Ceterum autem censeo, Hudler esse delendam.

#77 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 05:14 PM

The type of people who loot and riot are either criminals looking for some quick cash or drunken idiots. Those kinds of people will happily start or join a riot for whatever reason. This isn't about hockey as much as it's about opportune criminals.

Of course, but just as you don't paint a single group with one brush stroke you cannot pass blame on to another group in totality. It was clear that there were people involved that were hockey fans. Blaming anarchists for the riots is like blaming Mexicans for unemployment. While it doesn't help, it sure isn't the the only cause.

What on earth would have happened if the Canadian team lost in the Olympics?

I would like to point out that most of the citizens showed up and voluntarily cleaned up the mess caused by the other half of Vancouver. Good job Vancouver, one black eye and one proud teared up eye. :thumbup: Now if it happens a third time... you really have some explaining to do.

After last night's display, I had a hard time feeling any sympathy for the Vancouver fans. I know it's not fair, but seeing people getting roughed up for trying to protect their private property made me sick. It makes me hope the Canucks never get anywhere near another Stanley Cup final.

It's this sort of thing that gives the league a bad name. Check out some of the comments on ESPN and see what some are saying. Many seem to believe the league approves such behavior. I know it's ESPN, but still...

I actually think because we had A REAL BAD RIOT in Detroit that came from a major social problem and caused a scar that still remains to this day, we have learned not to go insane for insignificant stuff.

Our history has a ton of violence in it, and most of the time it is for reasons of significance. Now we have had instances in East Lansing and even Detroit in 84' but the damage is no where near this, and the violence was 1/10th of what Vancouver just experienced. At least to my knowledge no one has been killed. Though some of those people could have won a Darwin Award that night easily.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#78 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 05:34 PM

LOL at all the naive people saying they were rioting "because they lost".

They were going to riot regardless, win or lose, I can guarantee you that 100%.

#79 CaliWingsNut

CaliWingsNut

PeeWee Bettman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 06:30 PM

LOL at all the naive people saying they were rioting "because they lost".

They were going to riot regardless, win or lose, I can guarantee you that 100%.

I saw a picture of a dude in a ski mask wearing a shirt that said "I'm just here for the riot"...

Yeah... that city was likely to burn regardless of the game result.

Figures don't lie, but liars sure figure. - Mark Twain

#80 Nhurdi

Nhurdi

• PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 07:28 PM

VANCOUVER = L O S E R S

<_<