• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Doc Holliday

Wings unlikely to sign Osgood/Draper

Rate this topic

I have a feeling that Nabby is going to resurface again, just a hunch but with Joey as good as gone and Ozzie not really in

any sort of situation to get a contract a trade with the isle could be on the cards. Maybe Nabby and Milan Jurcina for Hudler?

Snow has already gone on the record of saying that he wants a high draft pick for Nabokov and furthermore, Jurcina for Hudler straight up might be a stretch at this point, let alone a 2 for 1...

Glad someone else realizes it, too. I'm tired of seeing us sign these old guys to one year contracts. This team needs to get younger. Don't get me wrong, a few veterans are essential for a team to compete for the Cup. I don't want Jagr here. I don't want Salei here. I don't want Modano here. I wouldn't mind too much if Osgood and Draper retired. Time to move on. We need to be looking at the future here. Sometimes I think we take the loyalty thing a little too far.

Loyalty is one thing, but these one year signings of players that haven't been on the team is completely different. It's nice that these players want to come and play for the Wings before they end their career, but if we keep signing all these one year deals, we might miss out on someone younger that could benefit the team for years.

Loyalty is one thing, but these one year signings of players that haven't been on the team is completely different. It's nice that these players want to come and play for the Wings before they end their career, but if we keep signing all these one year deals, we might miss out on someone younger that could benefit the team for years.

Exactly. I feel we should (especially this summer, since the cap space is available) look into a younger forward who will be a part of the future nucleus of this team (Brooks Laich), rather than continuously going after guys who will be a part of the team for a year and depart afterwards. To be fair, the pickins are slim this year, but I believe we can trade for a younger top 6 forward.

Okay, let me get this straight in my head. You don't want Ozzie and Drapes back because you think they are too old, but yet you want to sign Jagr??? Excuse me, but isn't that a little hypocritical???

This is a plural "you" by the by...not directed at any one person.

But I don't understand the thinking behind this.

Draper's pretty much been told "no" by Holland as he's likely not top-12 next year, while the big thing Holland said about Osgood was is with regard to his injuries, not his age or performance. Jagr is similar age, but a much better player than either and Holland wouldn't likely spend more than $2m on him.

Snow has already gone on the record of saying that he wants a high draft pick for Nabokov and furthermore, Jurcina for Hudler straight up might be a stretch at this point, let alone a 2 for 1...

Hudler for Nabokov would be a bad deal for the Wings unless they get a pick back and/or need to clear the space to bring in an expensive UFA forward like Richards, or perhaps someone where space would have to be cleared via trade such as Parise - Flip or Franzen probably goes in the theoretical Parise deal, although NJ is more likely to trade someone else so they can keep him. As for Jurcina, I don't see why a 1-for-1 would be a bad deal. NYI gets a skilled forward capable of putting up big numbers given the opportunity. Jurcina was the #6 defenseman on the team last year, is 28, and most if not all of the defensemen from last year's Isles are returning, assuming they don't improve via UFA.

Draper's pretty much been told "no" by Holland as he's likely not top-12 next year, while the big thing Holland said about Osgood was is with regard to his injuries, not his age or performance. Jagr is similar age, but a much better player than either and Holland wouldn't likely spend more than $2m on him.

Forgive me my stupidity, but I don't think he's worth two cents, much less two mil. It still stinks of hypocrisy. If you want to lean towards a youth movement, be my guest, but then you don't turn around and sign a has-been like Jagr. I'm sorry, but I don't see the benefit of signing this yahoo. Why don't you talk Cheli out of retirement while you're at it - you'd at least get something for your money with him.