• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Doc Holliday

PHI Transactions: 6-23-2011

Rate this topic

http://twitter.com/#!/Flyersguru/status/81896127003230209

Just been told the #Flyers have to framework in place for a contract with goalie Ilya Bryzgalov. Looks to be a 5 year deal, no $ info yet.

http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=33718271&postcount=179

Flyer's beatwriter Sam Carchidi was just on Comcast Sportsnet an hour ago. He said an inside source high up in the Flyers org told him a deal is in place. He believes it will be for $5.5M. It's a verbal agreement that they will anounce formally on July 1 when then can exceed the cap.

This is only a rumor, but if true, how much will they have to unload to be compliant?

http://twitter.com/#...896127003230209

http://hfboards.com/...1&postcount=179

This is only a rumor, but if true, how much will they have to unload to be compliant?

Well...if the cap is at 63.4 next season, they have 18 players signed to contracts with 4.4mil in cap space. Minus the 5.5mil gives you -1mil to sign at least two forwards and offer qualifying offers to 3 of their RFAs... So bye bye to at least one of Carter/Coburn/ Carle.

Whats the situation with their 3 goalies? I'm assuming that Bobrovsky is going to be staying as back up - but is Boucher a FA or will he be dealt? Also, what about Leighton? He just got a new contract last year, right? So will he be looking for a trade or is he going to be buried in the AHL again?

Are either of those two worth a backup spot in Det?

Whats the situation with their 3 goalies? I'm assuming that Bobrovsky is going to be staying as back up - but is Boucher a FA or will he be dealt? Also, what about Leighton? He just got a new contract last year, right? So will he be looking for a trade or is he going to be buried in the AHL again?

Eh, I think it would be better to try and sign Joey for half a million again and use the money where it is really needed on defense and a either a top six forward or another depth forward or two.

Who said it was 5.5 a year? How do you guys know it's not 5.5 mil spread out the five years? I think it's certainly plausible and if true, these cap worries are nonexistent.

What? $1.1 mil a year? Really? For Bryz? I think that's what you're trying to say. Yes? Confused.

Eh, I think it would be better to try and sign Joey for half a million again and use the money where it is really needed on defense and a either a top six forward or another depth forward or two.

I agree but - I'm under the assumption that Boucher could be had for half a mil? And I won't pretend like I followed Boucher close enough to determine if he is a better keeper than McDonald, or that he could, in fact, be had that cheaply.

Who said it was 5.5 a year? How do you guys know it's not 5.5 mil spread out the five years? I think it's certainly plausible and if true, these cap worries are nonexistent.

Are you joking? Or high?

Edited by Bannedforlife

I think it would be better to try and sign Joey for half a million

I believe it's already been decided that he will not be back since he wont sign a 2-way deal and the wings will not offer him a 1-way deal. Even saying he will go to russia before signing a 2-way deal with detroit. I would post a link but im on my phone and don't feel like doing that much work this early.

I believe it's already been decided that he will not be back since he wont sign a 2-way deal and the wings will not offer him a 1-way deal. Even saying he will go to russia before signing a 2-way deal with detroit. I would post a link but im on my phone and don't feel like doing that much work this early.

This seems to get overlooked a lot... maybe we need to start a thread about it...

At the bottom:

http://mobile.mlive.com/advannarbor/pm_103364/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=Qd6FDauW

Edited by stevkrause

LOLeighton? Do not want.

Guest Crymson

Given that Bryzgalov's rights were traded from Phoenix because he wants to get paid, given that he's stated he wants to be one of the highest-paid goaltenders in the league, and given that he's a fairly good goalie, $1.1m per year is absolutely implausible. There's a 0% chance that it's the case.

Joey is not an NHL goaltender. He is a career third-stringer.

I cant tell if this is sarcasm or not...

Boy o boy, I feelz dum. Completely got mixed up between Bryzgalov and Nabokov.

I'd appreciate it if you can all permanently erase this gross error from your memory, ala MIB.

judging from the past 2 playoff performances, i wouldn't be too excited about bryzgalov if i was a flyers fan

Joey is not an NHL goaltender. He is a career third-stringer.

i disagree. he did pretty last year i thought. i would definitely pick him over osgood