• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Doc Holliday

PHI Transactions: 6-23-2011

Rate this topic

If they pay that much for Bryz, when they have a potential future star in Bobrovsky.... they are truly handicapped in the brain. But hey, I'll take Carle and Versteeg off of them in a trade, no problem.

I don't agree with that statement. I really don't think that they had anything in goal to write home about.

Now they will have one of the best there is in the game. They undoubtedly have overpaid, but that is what it took. The only thing that matters now is if they can win a championship.

I only care about prying Colburn from their fingers and Carter if possible.

Holmgren just tweeted they are not close.

They really aren't in that bad of shape, in my opinion. Even if they don't get Bryz, they could always go out and try to acquire Vokoun. Otherwise, I think Bobrovsky will do very well moving forward, and they could just get a veteran backup (Hedberg, Theodore).

Welp this thread was first by a minute.

Interesting move, though it was speculated a few weeks ago.

So they finally have their center for Nash, eh? Not sure Carter was the perfect fit for Nash, but still an elite player.

Any word on what they gave up to get him?

Welp this thread was first by a minute.

Interesting move, though it was speculated a few weeks ago.

So they finally have their center for Nash, eh? Not sure Carter was the perfect fit for Nash, but still an elite player.

Any word on what they gave up to get him?

I got Voracek, a 1st and a 3rd. No Sources though so don't take that to heart.

I understand Philly's need for picks, and signing Bryz. But to give up a player like Carter is definitely a surprise. As for the Blue Jackets, this move will help them out a lot. But their defense is still suspect at best, so my guess is they'll be golfing at the end of the reg season. Philly will regret this trade im guessing.

Edited by TheDetroitRedWings

Sweetheart of a deal for Philly. Voracek has a lot of potential, he only scored 20 fewer points than Carter this past season and will likely do better next season, and it frees up a ton of space for Bryz. Oh yeah, and they get 1st and 3rd round picks. Columbus gets Carter who had a pretty down season by his standards and who will need to step it up big-time on a team which struggles like the Blue Jackets. I know that usually whoever gets the best player wins the trade but I think the tables are turned on this one.

The Carter move drops them down to roughly $53 mil and 17 players. Less than $11 mil to sign 9 players, many of whom are due for raises.

Obviously, it's not to the same degree (in the slightest) but if Bryzgalov is really getting $7 mil per - is it this year's Kovalchuk signing?

Yep. Now LeBrun is reporting that Richards is in play, and Dreger just retweeted this:

@GMillerTSN Mike Richards to LA for a package including Brayden Schenn and Wayne Simmonds? Hearing from good sources that it could happen.

GMillerTSN Gord Miller

by DarrenDreger

Mike Richards to LA for a package including Brayden Schenn and Wayne Simmonds? Hearing from good sources that it could happen.

Buccigross John Buccigross

Flyers trade carter and Richards on same day. WOW

EDIT:now on TSN as well http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=369795

Edited by Mitchmac33

It's kinda s***ty thing to sign a guy for 11 years and then trade him to a worse team before the contract even starts.

If they're trading Richards as well I can only imagine what Bryzgalov's contract looks like. Holmgren being Holmgren...

Edited by Finnish Wing