PHI Transactions: 6-23-2011

Rate this topic

In 2-3 years ...

Kimmo Timonen will be 38-39.

Chris Pronger will be 38-39.

Danny Briere will be 35-36.

Ilya Bryzgalov will be 34-35.

You don't think that is an issue?

Well obviously the defensive situation will need to be fixed, but they didn't trade away any defensemen. They can find a top 4 DMan with their pick in the upcoming draft, and they can get a DMan or two through free agency in the upcoming years. Bryz and Briere should still be highly effective players at those ages, and even Pronger can be highly effective in his early 40s as well. They seem more than fine.

The bigger wtf moment is when they also sign an unproven goalie to nearly a decade deal. Heck, I wouldn't sign any goalie to a long term like that. Proven or not.

Agreed...Two words...RICK DEPIETRO. Eek

What does this say about Richards as a leader? Pierre McGuire used to gush and gush and gush over him and his leadership, but all I've been hearing is that Philly needed to get him out of that locker room.

Maybe they didn't want his cheapshots on the tam anymore? he's a good player, but maybe you are right and he wasn't the consummate team player he has been made out to be?

Guest Crymson

What does this say about Richards as a leader? Pierre McGuire used to gush and gush and gush over him and his leadership, but all I've been hearing is that Philly needed to get him out of that locker room.

Pierre McGuire is a dumbass.

Guess Richards doesn't have to worry about Subban anymore.

I know, it's annoying how much in arms Richards got over PK. Here's the clip of Richards talking about how PK doesn't have respect for anyone and that PK is a big ole meanie head:

I know, it's annoying how much in arms Richards got over PK. Here's the clip of Richards talking about how PK doesn't have respect for anyone and that PK is a big ole meanie head:

Well he didn't do things the White way. Richards had to put him in place.

<_<

Guest CaliWingsNut

TSN reporting rumors that the Flyer's are trying to get Stamkos from Tampa.

Why was he even Captain then if they needed to get him out? Sounds like he has some maturity issues to me.

Has anyone ever considered what the Richards trade might mean for the Kings especially with Doughtry????? We could go after him.

We could try, but the Kings have $15mil to sign 6 players. They're a lot more likely to move someone like Scuderi before they part with Doughty.

Guest Crymson

Has anyone ever considered what the Richards trade might mean for the Kings especially with Doughtry????? We could go after him.

The Kings would not have brought in Richards if it meant risking the loss of their franchise defenseman.

Not happening.

Well he didn't do things the White way. Richards had to put him in place.

<_<

:clap: :clap: :clap:.

Best foreordain slip ever lol.

"(don't say white, don't say white, don't say...)He plays the white way...(ffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuu)"

Guest Crymson

"(don't say white, don't say white, don't say...)He plays the white way...(ffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuu)"

"(Don't say revenge... don't say revenge) Revenge. (That's it, I'm outta here!)"

Foreordain? I don't get that.

Although, is PK really all that special in terms of a motor mouth and disrespecting players? Have Burrows and Lapierre gotten this kind of of flack? I'm actually asking because I'm really not sure.