• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Doc Holliday

PHI Transactions: 6-23-2011

Rate this topic

UGH!!!! Again being a huge Flyers fan this TOTALLY BLOWS! Two top pieces to the Flyers getting traded upsets me. This is really bad. They should of got rid of Versteeg and Leino. I can understand having to trade one for some cap space but trading both of these guys is brutal. Dislike.

I heard the rumors of Carter, but I don't think anyone could have seen this coming. Why bother picking up a stellar goaltender if you're trading your top 2 production guys to do it?

UGH!!!! Again being a huge Flyers fan this TOTALLY BLOWS! Two top pieces to the Flyers getting traded upsets me. This is really bad. They should of got rid of Versteeg and Leino. I can understand having to trade one for some cap space but trading both of these guys is brutal. Dislike.

I agree, I'm not really a Flyers fan, but i did like there team make-up/players. I really don't like Richards to LA tho, the Kings just went from Dangerous to Really Dangerous

L.A. will now turn around and deal Ryan Smyth to Edmonton in order to make the cap work.

Pretty good frickin trade off if you ask me, a top 2 way center in the NHL and your moving an overpaid end of a contract guy back to his hometeam. I wonder what price Edmontons gonna pay for Smyth? I cant imagine it being very much.

Holmgren is CRAZY! He should send us Giroux for Flip and a pick!

At this point I think we could get Briere for Hudler, Francis Pare, and an 8th round draft pick from last year's draft.

Wow...Is it me or is Philly not getting a good return on these guys?

Were these 2 guys cancers in the locker room?

Glad I'm not a Flyers fan.

I can't imagine Richards was a cancer seeing as he was captain.

@Real_ESPNLeBrun: Now you know for sure that rumors things weren't right in Flyers dressing room were absolutely true

Edited by Travis

I agree, I'm not really a Flyers fan, but i did like there team make-up/players. I really don't like Richards to LA tho, the Kings just went from Dangerous to Really Dangerous

I like the team and the make up of players, been my favorite team besides Detroit for quite some time now. But I totally agree with you that Richards to LA makes the Kings pretty damn scary. Look for them. They are only going to get better with there young core of players. ***WISHFUL thinking*** --- Being a Doughty fan I would love for him to be part of this package but I don't see this happening unfortunately.

Wow...Is it me or is Philly not getting a good return on these guys?

Were these 2 guys cancers in the locker room?

Glad I'm not a Flyers fan.

I don't think that they were really cancers at all. Its Holmgren. The guy is a nut. He's known to pull of some very risky trades that make him look like a genius of a fool! And yeah man I am a huge Flyers fan so this upsets me more then a little bit.

http://eye-on-hockey.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/27694626/30214360

The Flyers have agreed to make a second blockbuster move in as many hours, trading captain Mike Richards to the L.A. Kings for Brayden Schenn and Wayne Simmonds, Gord Miller of TSN.ca reports.

It is the second trade is as many hours for Philadelphia, which had to move some salary before it could sign goaltender Ilya Bryzgalov to a new contract. Earlier in the day, the Flyers sent Jeff Carter to the Columbus Blue Jackets for Jake Voracek, the No. 8 pick in Friday's draft and a third-round selection as well.

Looks like its pretty much done and those are the players being swapped.

DAMN YOU HOLMGREN!

I'm really surprised that BOTH Carter and Richards are got moved, but as I said in a thread about this earlier, my gut told me Richards was going to end up being the one moved... it does shock me that it ends up being both Carter AND Richards however....

Edited by stevkrause