• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Doc Holliday

PHI Transactions: 6-23-2011

Rate this topic

Does this mean Carle is in play?

I gotta imagine with moving so much salary already that Carle will be staying put now, my guess is they let Leino walk and MAYBE trade Versteeg, but I don't see them making a lot more moves now...

I gotta imagine with moving so much salary already that Carle will be staying put now, my guess is they let Leino walk and MAYBE trade Versteeg, but I don't see them making a lot more moves now...

That's a very good point. Surprising that they chose those two to move, but I guess it doesn't necessarily indicate a fire sale.

my guess is they let Leino walk and MAYBE trade Versteeg, but I don't see them making a lot more moves now...

My guess is they either trade Versteeg or keep both. Holmgren has said he wants to re-sign Ville Leino. With all that cap space and two forwards traded away why would they let Leino walk NOW?

That's a very good point. Surprising that they chose those two to move, but I guess it doesn't necessarily indicate a fire sale.

There were a ton of reports that they were looking to move those 2 or at least one of them anyway this off season, regardless of cap space due to their antics off the ice and in the locker room, they were reportedly VERY disruptive together and apparently partied too much...

My guess is they either trade Versteeg or keep both. Holmgren has said he wants to re-sign Ville Leino. With all that cap space and two forwards traded away why would they let Leino walk NOW?

I should have worded that better, I meant IF they were trying to make more capspace, that is what I imagine they'd do before trading Carle, all things considered, I don't think they'll make more trades and I think they'll most likely re-sign their FA's, as trading those 2 pretty much solved the cap issue they had...

There were a ton of reports that they were looking to move those 2 or at least one of them anyway this off season, regardless of cap space due to their antics off the ice and in the locker room, they were reportedly VERY disruptive together and apparently partied too much...

I had heard Carter. Especially with the s*** that's swirled around him for awhile now, that's not surprised.

The captain is surprising, though.

WTF? this pisses me off. We coulda offered Fil, Tatar, First rounder for Richards. Where was Kenny on this one?

Filppula has a $3 million cap hit, shedding cap is the main reason both these deals happened. Tatar<<Schenn. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Bryz signs, 9 years 51 mil. Crazy.

wow, that's a SCARY term for a goalie... gets his tag down a bit though, they're really gambling over there on health of players with some of their deals...

WOW just looking at capgeek Schenn has a $3m cap hit next year if he plays in the NHL next year while Simmonds is a RFA this year. Looks like Schenn might be playing in the AHL.

that'd be a shame, the kid is NHL ready and doesn't need to be stored in the minors... maybe they turn around and deal him as well? Doubtful, but you never know...

Edited by stevkrause

This. Maybe the Carter move is a sign of aggressive off-season behavior.

Aggressive behavior yes, playoff team no. I don't think they have what it takes yet. They have two strong players in Carter and Nash now. There defense is way to shaky and Mason has been inconsistent. I think they need to add a few more higher end players before becoming a "real" playoff team.