• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#21 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 09:44 PM

Aye. Firesale does not mean "trade everyone!"; it means that they're rebuilding. Rebuilding requires a core. They're trying to get rid of their crappy contracts.

Someone say core?
Posted Image
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#22 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,185 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 10:04 PM

I'd love Burns. Or Clutterbuck.

Imagine a line of Abby-Helm-Clusterf***... nonstop hitting.
Posted Image

#23 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,250 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 10:17 PM

I'd love Burns. Or Clutterbuck.

Imagine a line of Abby-Helm-Clusterf***... nonstop hitting.

That would be nice! If Jagr is signed, then trade for Clutterbuck, you would sacrifice Hudler and Mursak or Emmerton, but to have Clutterbuck would be awesome...

Imagine a Defense with Burns/Wisniewski/Kronwall/Stuart talk about hitting! Zooie Mama!

Edited by LeftWinger, 18 June 2011 - 10:18 PM.

Laugh it up, delete it all, I'll be laughing when it happens! -4/17/14

#24 Datsyerberger

Datsyerberger

"Dat's yer burger, Hank."

• HoF Booster
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 10:34 PM

I know this is off topic, but two avatar questions here:

@DatsYerBerger: That is Jokinen in your avatar right? What happened in the game for him to actually act like that? Thats Fu**ed.

I haven't the slightest clue and don't know anyone who does, but it's frigging hilarious, even without the waffle edit.
If some bored artist wants to make me a signature, feel free to cut loose and do so.

Of course, I could get off my lame rear and do something.

#25 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 12:05 AM

hm...interesting

We could make czech for a czech deal like Hudler+3rd for Zidlicky :yowza:

#26 blueadams

blueadams

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 12:28 AM

(insert typically bitter, pessimistic and unecessarily rude response to the new idea)

am I starting to fit in yet?

#27 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 12:52 AM

hm...interesting

We could make czech for a czech deal like Hudler+3rd for Zidlicky :yowza:

Zidlicky has a NMC. Also, he's 34 and makes more than $1m more than Hudler. Given the firesale and the NMC, if you place Hudler and a 3rd as Zidlicky's normal value, the 3rd can be removed. But he's not really any more expensive than guys like Burns, Schultz, or Barker. Just older.

The Wings would most likely end up with Barker if it were just Hudler being traded; Burns is the key of their defense, and Schultz is the #2 and signed for three more years while Barker turns RFA next summer.

"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#28 Datsyerberger

Datsyerberger

• HoF Booster
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 01:05 AM

Zidlicky has a NMC. Also, he's 34 and makes more than $1m more than Hudler. Given the firesale and the NMC, if you place Hudler and a 3rd as Zidlicky's normal value, the 3rd can be removed. But he's not really any more expensive than guys like Burns, Schultz, or Barker. Just older.

The Wings would most likely end up with Barker if it were just Hudler being traded; Burns is the key of their defense, and Schultz is the #2 and signed for three more years while Barker turns RFA next summer.

On the note of Schultz, I highly recommend watching him to anyone that hasn't really paid attention. His numbers will never catch your eye, but he's awesome to watch play defensively; I've followed him the last handful of years. Great defensive d-man, great character guy.
If some bored artist wants to make me a signature, feel free to cut loose and do so.

#29 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,606 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 01:12 AM

if we got burns or clutterbuck that would be sick
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#30 BigWillieStyle

BigWillieStyle

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 01:18 AM

Similar deal with Clusterf***. They have him cheap for two more years, and then he's an RFA. What could they gain by trading him?

Why, the awesome "potential" of Hudler, of course.

#31 MGreenberg

MGreenberg

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 03:19 AM

The Wings should have Eva travel around a pitch Hudler to teams maybe he could get a few to bite.

#32 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 04:01 AM

I don't see Wild selling their players off for Red Wings dead weight packaged with low picks when they can get more from other teams. I don't Holland would give up any picks anyhow.

#33 Finnish Wing

Finnish Wing

13th Forward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 04:41 AM

You'd have to overpay to get Clutterbuck. He's a cult player and a fan favorite, they're not gonna give up on him easily even though he isn't anything THAT special.
Detroit Red Wings & Tampereen Ilves forever!

#34 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 04:51 AM

The Wings should have Eva travel around a pitch Hudler to teams maybe he could get a few to bite.

At first it sounds like a genius idea but in reality that would severely reduce the chances for a trade.

#35 Finnish Wing

Finnish Wing

13th Forward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 04:55 AM

At first it sounds like a genius idea but in reality that would severely reduce the chances for a trade.

It would only lower our GM Reputation.
Detroit Red Wings & Tampereen Ilves forever!

#36 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,039 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 05:50 AM

It shouldn't, no. And fwiw I think Burns stays there, given the Wild tattoo he has on his back/etc.

dude got a wild tattoo on his back? that's a bit silly. hope for his skin's sake his career doesn't turn out like mike sillinge's.
Posted Image

#37 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 11:24 AM

Could be nice deal for both teams.The Wild need skilled forward and we need right handed PPQB and I could live with Zidlicky's $4 mil.per year for the next 2 season.

btw of course I would like to see Burns/Clutterbuck here,but trade for Zidlicky is more realistic

#38 Datsyerberger

Datsyerberger

• HoF Booster
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 02:11 PM

dude got a wild tattoo on his back? that's a bit silly. hope for his skin's sake his career doesn't turn out like mike sillinge's.

Well to be precise its not exactly a wild tattoo, he does have a tattoo that says he was drafted at (I can't remember his draft position offhand); plus that his back is full of tattoos of all sorts of wild animals and s***. It's pretty nuts.

#39 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 12:21 AM

Could be nice deal for both teams.The Wild need skilled forward and we need right handed PPQB and I could live with Zidlicky's $4 mil.per year for the next 2 season.

btw of course I would like to see Burns/Clutterbuck here,but trade for Zidlicky is more realistic

Zidlicky is more realistic, but still has a NMC so it's probably not happening.

If the Wings acquire one defenseman from Minnesota, I would place the chances as such:

Greg Zanon 50%
Cam Barker 20%
Nick Schultz 15%
Marek Zidlicky 10%
Brent Burns 5%

Edited by eva unit zero, 20 June 2011 - 12:22 AM.

"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#40 Never_Retire_Steve

Never_Retire_Steve

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,156 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 12:54 AM

Well written OP and agree with a lot of the content and would absolutely love to have Burns on this team but think of the following two points.

1) If I'm the Minnesota Wild and am looking to rebuild Brent Burns is not at the top of the list for moving players. In fact, he is probably #1 on the do not move list. He is relatively young and very solid and many aspects of the game. I agree that Minnesota should do something to rebuild but that makes me want to build around Burns and show him that they are serious about winning long term.

2) If I'm Brent Burns I probably love the prospect of joining the Red Wings. But, remember this... As much as Detroit is a sought after destination for many players it's not like there aren't other "hot" destinations out there. If I'm a sought after FA I want to test the waters and see what 5-8 teams that I want to go to offer me.

These are the reasons I don't see Burns going anywhere, especially this year. Next year might be a different story