• Please log in to reply
165 replies to this topic

#1 robb himself

robb himself

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 09:29 PM

So as you guys know, July 1st is less than 2 weeks away, so I thought I would start a thread where we can discuss all our potential UFA signings because some of the other threads are starting to get off topic and are turning more into arguments rather than ideas and discussions.

My list begins with the widely discussed James Wizniewski. I think he would be a great start, in getting our blue line back on track.
After Wizniewski, I would love to grab one of Pitkanen, Ehrhoff, or Bieksa, as well as a cheaper D man like Anton Babchuck, or Shane O'Brien to round out our D.

As far as forwards go, I hope we take a run at Tomas Fleischmann, Jussi Jokinen or even Simon Gagne (for the right price).

I am still on the fence about what to do about Jiri Hudler. Part of me wants to keep him around to give him another shot at getting his game back on track (which I saw glimpses of while playing with Datsyuk) and the other half of me feels like we should try and trade him to another team needing offence (Florida?) for a draft pick. The possible trading of Hudler (which I doubt will happen) will weigh largely into what caliber of forward we go after, if any at all.

Maybe...Ville Leino? :ph34r:

Show me your Wish Lists!
be about it!

#2 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 09:40 PM

Why bother, no matter what you wish for others will just look down their noses at you. I don't think people get the idea of what a wish list is...

Oh well. I know I have three right handers on my wish list. I will leave it at that.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#3 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 09:43 PM

Lidstrom!
Posted Image

#4 hockey23

hockey23

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 09:49 PM

1. Wiz for <$5M long term
2. Veteran d-man to play with Kindl. 1yr <$3M
3. Jagr or other 2nd/3rd liner. 1yr $2.5M
4. Cheap backup. Ex: Theodore $750k

#5 Never_Retire_Steve

Never_Retire_Steve

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,156 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 09:54 PM

In terms of a wish list:

1. Lidstrom
2. Vokoun
3. Connolly
4. Selanne
5. Hannan
6. Ryder
7. Sullivan
8. Salo
9. Ehrhoff
10. Frolov

#6 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,244 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 10:30 PM

Bieksa is at the top of my wish list. Wisniewski is more realistic and would be a great addition as well. The one d-man I don't want any part of is Ehrhoff.

Forwards are less concerning to me though I would be thrilled with Scottie Upshall.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#7 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 10:43 PM

1. Wiz for <$5M long term
2. Veteran d-man to play with Kindl. 1yr <$3M
3. Jagr or other 2nd/3rd liner. 1yr $2.5M
4. Cheap backup. Ex: Theodore $750k

^This, as long as the Veteran d-man isn't Erhoff. :thumbup:

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#8 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 10:53 PM

Nick Lidstrom. He is all I want the Wings to sign right now. If that happens then I'll think about the others.

#9 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 10:59 PM

lids
wiz
brewer
jagr
asham

#10 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,697 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 11:09 PM

lidstrom
wisniewski
richards
zherdev

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#11 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 11:15 PM

Lidstrom
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#12 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,897 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 12:22 AM

UFA:
Lidstrom (1 year contracts, for many healthy, productive years)
Ozzie (yeah, it's a wishlist. I get to wish.)
Drapes (see above)
Jagr if he is at his mulleted best
Andreas Lilja

I would be pleased to see Miller and/or Eaves return.

Off the wall: Staffan Kronwall is a UFA. He played in Sweden this last season. He hasn't done much at all in the NHL, but I'd love to see what would happen if he got together with his big bro. If he'd come in on a 2-way, I think he'd be worth the money in GR, plus with his track record there's no way he wouldn't clear waivers. No way he breaks into the Wings line-up, but maybe for a call-up when we have our Annual February Injuryfest.

Non-UFA:
I think I'd also like a good cheeseburger. And some booze.

#13 Never_Retire_Steve

Never_Retire_Steve

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,156 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 12:33 AM

What's everyone got against Ehrhoff?

#14 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,040 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 12:42 AM

Lidstrom and Eaves. Wizniewski, Montador, Laich. :siren:

#NOMOREKINDL

#15 ComradeWasabi

ComradeWasabi

the abdelgator

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 12:47 AM

What's everyone got against Ehrhoff?

He was pretty terrible in the SCF and wasn't anything special in the remainder of the playoffs either. Maybe chalk it up to inexperience or nerves but he didn't bring it when it counted.
QUOTE (thedisappearer @ December 13, 2008 - 10:13AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So, we're dogpiling on the goalie sammy Hudler the defense the refs league bias against us coaching now? Ok.

Babcock is lazy and he sucks!

#16 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 01:12 AM

Re-sign Nicklas Lidstrom, Chris Osgood ($550k), and Patrick Eaves ($1m).

Mike Modano, Kris Draper, Brian Rafalski, Jonathan Ericsson, and Ruslan Salei are replaced by Jan Mursak; one of Erik Cole or Tim Connolly ($3m); two of Joni Pitkanen, James Wisniewski, Kevin Bieksa, or Christian Ehrhoff, (total no more than $11m), and Derek Meech ($550k) or Doug Janik. If possible under the cap after signing the first two, replace Meech/Janik with Anton Babchuk, Jan Hejda, Steve Montador, Paul Mara, Shane O'Brien, or Nick Boynton.

Wisniewski seems the ideal fit, as his salary would allow for any of the others. A combination of Wisniewski and Pitkanen would allow for one of the "upgrades" I listed later, Babchuk being the top choice.

So let's look at the roster.

With Connolly:
Hudler/Zetterberg/Cleary
Filppula/Datsyuk/Holmstrom
Franzen/Connolly/Bertuzzi
Mursak/Helm/Eaves
Abdelkader/Emmerton

With Cole:
Hudler/Datsyuk/Cleary
Franzen/Zetterberg/Bertuzzi
Cole/Filppula/Holmstrom
Mursak/Helm/Eaves
Abdelkader/Emmerton

Kronwall/Stuart
Lidstrom/Wisniewski
Pitkanen/Babchuk
Kindl

Looks good from a standpoint of now and future; Pitkanen/Babchuk establishes a second solid pairing to anchor the D, and one that will be around if Kronner and Stu jump next year. Connolly/Cole provide a skilled offensive forward who is around 30 and brings another element; Cole his physical play, and Connolly solid two-way play. Cole is also a skilled sniper, giving us another in that department. With Franzen's inconsistency and injury status, as well as the looming departures of Bertuzzi and Holmstrom, having a guy like Cole around would be a solid asset to the team.

Edited by eva unit zero, 20 June 2011 - 11:34 PM.

"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#17 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 02:49 AM

Re-sign Lidstrom. Sign Wiz and bieksa and complete the summer with Jagr and I will be a very happy Guy. Or and keep Hudler just to spite at least 75% of LGW. Insert absolutely unrealistic and unnecessary trade shipping off Huddles here.

#18 Berry

Berry

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 04:03 AM

We need a 2nd line center, in order to let Pav and Z together (he should be able to score at least 25 goals and be a good playmaker)

Defence: - Lids back at the same price
- Wishni.... or one on the Vancouver's top line

I'm fine with this...

#19 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 04:29 AM

We need a 2nd line center, in order to let Pav and Z together (he should be able to score at least 25 goals and be a good playmaker)

"The Euro Twins" phenomenon doesn't seem to exist anymore. They've both grown out of that.

#20 germanwing

germanwing

2nd Line Scorer

• Gold Booster
  • 576 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 05:11 AM

Gunnar Nordstrom believes, that Nick will be back!

http://www.kuklaskor...lidstrom_will_/