• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

robb himself

July 1st UFA Wish List

Rate this topic

I would love to see Michael Ryder. Watching him in the playoffs he seemed like a guy that would fit in well in Detroit. He has scored 30 goals a couple times and overall has been a productive guy for a 2nd/3rd line spot.

I know the wings are still log-jammed at forward. However, they can use more scoring depth. Perhaps unloading Hudler would be worthwhile and Ryder could slot back in his place?

To me, a player like Ryder is much a much better target than someone like Brad Richards. And I think it would be a much better fit anyways. Unfortunately there are 2 things I think make it unlikely. Salary and Claude Julien. He was already making 4 million and after a good playoff run he might want a modest raise. Even if Hudler was moved, it would still be several million more to upgrade. The other part is that he has played most of his career with Claude Julien and considering they just won a cup together, he might want to stay. I haven't really looked into the Bruins cap situation though, so perhaps he might be on his way out because of financial reasons.

Thoughts on Ryder?

As far as a top 9 forward, I would definitely consider Ryder. Others I would consider are Laich, Jokinen, Upshall, Gagne (1 year deal), Connolly (1 year deal), Arnott, Cole, Fleischman (if healthy), and Ward.

Those are the mid to low-salaried players I would consider. And yes, if we could fit him in, I wouldn't even hesistate on Richards, but it's not a very Holland-esque move.

FORWARDS

Jiri Hudler ($2.875m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Johan Franzen ($3.954m)

Alex Tanguay ($3.000m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Daniel Cleary ($2.800m)

Tomas Holmstrom ($1.875m) / Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($1.937m)

Justin Abdelkader ($0.787m) / Darren Helm ($0.912m) / Patrick Eaves ($1.000m)

Jan Mursak ($0.550m)

DEFENSEMEN

Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m) / James Wisniewski ($4.250m)

Nicklas Lidstrom ($6.200m) / Brad Stuart ($3.750m)

Jonathan Ericsson ($2.200m) / Brendan Smith ($0.875m)

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m) / Johan Hedberg ($1.500m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $64,000,000; CAP PAYROLL: $59,500,378; BONUSES: $0

CAP SPACE (21-man roster): $4,499,622

FORWARDS

Jiri Hudler ($2.875m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Johan Franzen ($3.954m)

Alex Tanguay ($3.000m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Daniel Cleary ($2.800m)

Tomas Holmstrom ($1.875m) / Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($1.937m)

Jan Mursak ($0.550m)

DEFENSEMEN

Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m) / James Wisniewski ($4.250m)

Nicklas Lidstrom ($6.200m) / Brad Stuart ($3.750m)

Jonathan Ericsson ($2.200m) / Brendan Smith ($0.875m)

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m) / Johan Hedberg ($1.500m)

SALARY CAP: $64,000,000; CAP PAYROLL: $59,500,378; BONUSES: $0

CAP SPACE (21-man roster): $4,499,622

Why in the world would you want Tanguay on this team? So you just added another soft player that can be banged up? If you're paying anyone $3 million it better be Cole, Laich, Ward, etc..

Guest Crymson

My #1 wish is for Ericsson to be subtracted from the roster. That lazy slob vastly outpaced all other defenseman in penalty minutes, and he blocked less shots than Rafalski.

My wishlist:

Lidstrom re-signs

Eaves re-signs

Wisniewski replaces Rafalski

5th d-man

Top 6 / 9 forward

Back-up goalie

I like Miller, but I don't feel like he'll fit in with these wishes.

1 down. Ideally, I'd be really interested in seeing that forward be Brooks Laich. Regardless, I like that Kenny said he's going to be aggressive this off-season.

My #1 wish is for Ericsson to be subtracted from the roster. That lazy slob vastly outpaced all other defenseman in penalty minutes, and he blocked less shots than Rafalski.

Sounds like you've got your wish.

"We plan to be aggressive on July 1 and try to sign a defenseman or two." - Kenny

Crossing my fingers for Wizniewski and Montador to come in. Janik to be 7th dman.

Kronwall - Stuart

Wizniewski - Lidstrom

Montador - Kindl

Janik

Two right handed shots. Wiz long-term, Montador on a 2 year deal for approximately $2 Million per.

Edited by SwedeLundin77

Guest Hatethedrake!

I think Kenny will make sure he has his defense settled before he thinks about adding another forward. He'll likely see if he can get anything of value in a Hudler trade. Maybe shop him to a team like Florida or the Isles. Teams which need to add cap space to reach the Salary Floor. Kenny may sign Jagr if he can come at his price. A 1 year deal for 2 mil with incentives. With the Cap increasing to 64 mil, I would not be surprised if Kenny signs 2 of the big name dmen available. Wisniewski for sure. 1 of Ehrhoff or Pitkanen may be the other one. However with the Cap increase, it just became easier for the Canucks to keep both Bieksa and Ehrhoff. Also easier for the Habs to keep both Markov and Wisniewski. Anyway, it should be the most active July 1st the Wings have had in a long time. Can't wait! :D

Crossing my fingers for Wizniewski and Montador to come in. Janik to be 7th dman.

Kronwall - Stuart

Wizniewski - Lidstrom

Montador - Kindl

Janik

Two right handed shots. Wiz long-term, Montador on a 2 year deal for approximately $2 Million per.

I agree with this. :thumbup:

Edited by Hatethedrake!

Bieksa is at the top of my wish list. Wisniewski is more realistic and would be a great addition as well. The one d-man I don't want any part of is Ehrhoff.

Bieksa isn't at the top of my list but I wouldn't be disappointed with him depending on the price. I agree about Errorhoff. He was a -13 with 12pts in the playoffs this year (I know Henrik Sedin was -11 but that doesn't excuse Ehrhoff) while Bieksa was a +6 with 10pts. On top of that Bieksa had 5 goals compared to Ehrhoff's 2. Ehroff had 50pts in the regular season so he'll demand a big payday. I'd be far more comfortable with Bieksa's solid all-around play then Ehrhoff's risky play.

As far as replacing Rafalski on the PP goes the only FA option is Wisniewski or Pitkanen. Pitkanen would be cheaper and probably has a higher upside but he's also a lefty (Wisniewski's right hand shot would be nice on the PP).

Counting on Smith to move up to the NHL and play significant minutes is risky. I'd rather hope he blows the Wings away in training camp as well as the preseason but put him in GR if he doesn't make the Wings' top 5. At this point it looks like Smith would benefit from another year of seasoning in GR. Hopefully he has a great summer of strength training and forces Holland to keep him up based on his play in September/October.

Guest 13GoWings40

I'd like to see a puck moving D-man and someone a little more physical. Wiz and kaberle. then we'd have a top 6 of

Lids/Kroner

Wiz/Kaberle

Stuart/ ?

After that, add someone cheap on the bottom pair and we should be all set, that is a cup-winning top 5 already. I really don't see the need to go forward shopping this year unless something falls into our laps. The Wings rely heavily on their D for generating offense so fixing the D is like killing two birds with one stone (though 2nd in goals isn't really that in need of repair anyway). There isn't much point to break the bank on a forward now when we need to save space for next year when all of our D goes UFA.

Edited by 13GoWings40

Let all UFAs go except MacDonald (don't want to let Eaves go, but no room for him unless Mursak or Homer are healthy scratches. Rock the second line with Fleischmann and Vrbata, trade Hudler for a pick. Sign Wisneiwski and Bieksa. Still have 2.8 million for extra forward/defense and trades or people thinking my cap hits are too low.

FORWARDS

Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Johan Franzen ($3.954m)

Tomas Fleischmann ($3.700m) / Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Radim Vrbata ($3.000m)

Todd Bertuzzi ($1.937m) / Darren Helm ($0.912m) / Daniel Cleary ($2.800m)

Jan Mursak ($0.550m) / Justin Abdelkader ($0.787m) / Tomas Holmstrom ($1.875m)

Cory Emmerton ($0.533m)

DEFENSEMEN

Nicklas Lidstrom ($6.200m) / James Wisniewski ($5.000m)

Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m) / Brad Stuart ($3.750m)

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m) / Kevin Bieksa ($3.750m)

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m) / Joey MacDonald ($0.550m)

CAP PAYROLL: $61,217,044

CAP SPACE: $2,782,956

Cup please.

Let all UFAs go except MacDonald (don't want to let Eaves go, but no room for him unless Mursak or Homer are healthy scratches. Rock the second line with Fleischmann and Vrbata, trade Hudler for a pick. Sign Wisneiwski and Bieksa. Still have 2.8 million for extra forward/defense and trades or people thinking my cap hits are too low.

FORWARDS

Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Johan Franzen ($3.954m)

Tomas Fleischmann ($3.700m) / Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Radim Vrbata ($3.000m)

Todd Bertuzzi ($1.937m) / Darren Helm ($0.912m) / Daniel Cleary ($2.800m)

Jan Mursak ($0.550m) / Justin Abdelkader ($0.787m) / Tomas Holmstrom ($1.875m)

Cory Emmerton ($0.533m)

DEFENSEMEN

Nicklas Lidstrom ($6.200m) / James Wisniewski ($5.000m)

Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m) / Brad Stuart ($3.750m)

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m) / Kevin Bieksa ($3.750m)

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m) / Joey MacDonald ($0.550m)

CAP PAYROLL: $61,217,044

CAP SPACE: $2,782,956

Cup please.

Are you high or just slow? Letting Eaves walk would be a horrible move no matter how you cut it. Also if Bieksa takes less than 4 million to come to the wings ill sing your praises on youtube as the great prophet of our time. I just can't see him taking less than 4.5 million. Also those won't be the lines, if the wings get that deep on skilled wingers, Flip will be the third line center, Z will be second line.

Edited by Shaman464

Are you high or just slow? Letting Eaves walk would be a horrible move no matter how you cut it.

Okay, then get rid of Mursak or Homer. Are yous saying you'd rather have Eaves instead of Fleischmann or Vrbata? I love Eaves, but these isn't any room for him if you sign Fleischmann and Vrbata. Of course this is just what I want, not what I think will happen.

Also if Bieksa takes less than 4 million to come to the wings ill sing your praises on youtube as the great prophet of our time. I just can't see him taking less than 4.5 million.

Maybe I low balled him a little bit, but going by stats (because I don't know about him that well enough to go on anything else), he hasn't been progressing that much. Maybe he is due for a raise though. But even if he does sign at $4.5 million, I have more than enough cap room to afford it.

Also those won't be the lines, if the wings get that deep on skilled wingers, Flip will be the third line center, Z will be second line.

Well, I disagree. But the lines can always be changed.

Are you high or just slow? Letting Eaves walk would be a horrible move no matter how you cut it. Also if Bieksa takes less than 4 million to come to the wings ill sing your praises on youtube as the great prophet of our time. I just can't see him taking less than 4.5 million. Also those won't be the lines, if the wings get that deep on skilled wingers, Flip will be the third line center, Z will be second line.

I think keeping Eaves and giving Bieksa market value is possible...

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS

Tomas Fleischmann ($3.500m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Tomas Holmstrom ($1.875m)

Johan Franzen ($3.954m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Daniel Cleary ($2.800m)

Todd Bertuzzi ($1.937m) / Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Radim Vrbata ($3.000m)

Drew Miller ($0.750m) / / Jan Mursak ($0.550m)

DEFENSEMEN

Nicklas Lidstrom ($6.200m) / Kevin Bieksa ($4.500m)

Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m) / James Wisniewski ($4.800m)

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m) / Brad Stuart ($3.750m)

Doug Janik ($0.512m)

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m) / Evgeni Nabokov ($0.570m)

SALARY CAP: $64,000,000; CAP PAYROLL: $63,316,211; BONUSES: $0

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $683,789

My only problem is that I don't want to sign 2 FA d-men to long term, overpriced contracts. I don't want to be stuck next year with 2 overpriced players and be forced to give Kronwall a raise, and then have to go out and overpay for a Lidstrom replacement.

I think keeping Eaves and giving Bieksa market value is possible...

FORWARDS

Tomas Fleischmann ($3.500m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Tomas Holmstrom ($1.875m)

Johan Franzen ($3.954m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Daniel Cleary ($2.800m)

Todd Bertuzzi ($1.937m) / Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Radim Vrbata ($3.000m)

Drew Miller ($0.750m) / / Jan Mursak ($0.550m)

DEFENSEMEN

Nicklas Lidstrom ($6.200m) / Kevin Bieksa ($4.500m)

Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m) / James Wisniewski ($4.800m)

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m) / Brad Stuart ($3.750m)

Doug Janik ($0.512m)

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m) / Evgeni Nabokov ($0.570m)

SALARY CAP: $64,000,000; CAP PAYROLL: $63,316,211; BONUSES: $0

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $683,789

My only problem is that I don't want to sign 2 FA d-men to long term, overpriced contracts. I don't want to be stuck next year with 2 overpriced players and be forced to give Kronwall a raise, and then have to go out and overpay for a Lidstrom replacement.

This is a lot more realistic number-wise, but still a pipe dream. I would love this team, it has a good combination of youth and vets, and I think it has the parts needed for a long playoff run, but again I won't hold my breath.

I just figured that the brass wouldn't want Mursak to be a healthy scratch.

Neither will I. But I so want to. :(

I do too, it all depends on what other teams do and who Holland targets for his defensive replacements. If he throws a lot of money that way the Forward lines will be close to last year, if he can get some good contracts, I can see him adding up front as well.

Edited by Shaman464

Guest Crymson

Okay, then get rid of Mursak or Homer. Are yous saying you'd rather have Eaves instead of Fleischmann or Vrbata? I love Eaves, but these isn't any room for him if you sign Fleischmann and Vrbata. Of course this is just what I want, not what I think will happen.

Fleischmann has had repeated issues with blood clots; he only played half of last season as a result of one such episode. His effectiveness for next season is in doubt as a result. Vrbata has had success with only one team (barring his 2001-2002 season with an all-star team in Colorado), and that's Phoenix; his tenures in both Chicago and Tampa were horrid and I think he's too much of a risk as a result.

Eaves is an effective PKer who can score 10 or more goals per season. More, he's a hard worker and a consummate team player.

Maybe I low balled him a little bit, but going by stats (because I don't know about him that well enough to go on anything else), he hasn't been progressing that much. Maybe he is due for a raise though. But even if he does sign at $4.5 million, I have more than enough cap room to afford it.

Prices on high-range players inflate every season, and this season's UFA crop is weaker than average.

FORWARDS

Tomas Holmstrom ($1.875m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Nikolai Zherdev ($2.250m)

Johan Franzen ($3.954m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Jan Mursak ($0.550m)

Todd Bertuzzi ($1.937m) / Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Jussi Jokinen ($2.600m)

Daniel Cleary ($2.800m) / Darren Helm ($0.912m) / Patrick Eaves ($0.900m)

Justin Abdelkader ($0.787m) / Cory Emmerton ($0.533m)

DEFENSEMEN

Nicklas Lidstrom ($6.200m) / Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m)

Joni Pitkanen ($4.000m) / James Wisniewski ($4.000m)

Brad Stuart ($3.750m) / Steve Montador ($1.800m)

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m) / Ty Conklin ($0.900m)

SALARY CAP: $64,000,000; CAP PAYROLL: $61,667,044; BONUSES: $0

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $2,332,956

Here come the haters...........

Well kenny said he wants to be aggressive and signa defenseman or 2 as well as we've heard possibly a top 6 forward.

With that in mind I'm thinking of adding some size in the top 6 that can grind it out now that Homer and Bert are becoming ineffective.

I'm looking at Laich first and foremost. Plays a well rounded game, can put up 50 points, can be physical and has size as well. The other forward that catches my eye is Erik Cole. He can put up 50 points, hits like crazy, can put up 50 points and would probably be behind only Helm and mursak speed wise. Adding speed to the top 6 would help tremendously I think as well as having that great forechecing presence that can still put up points. Cole is 6'3 and plays like it as well. He seems like he would be a bit cheapre then Laich because he is older but he is still only 31.

Upshall also adds a young, more physical presence as a potential top 6 winger if he can stay healthy. These are my REALISTIC wants that add what Detroit need. What does Tanguay provide that Detroit needs?

Defense is where things get a little fishy.

Wiz is the obvious choice. PP guy, right handed, tough big hitter from Detroit. Adding him would help a lot.

Than maybe adding a Pitkanen or bieksa is still possible or a real top end shut down guy like Brewer or Hannan could be had. They dont provide offense but a really solid defensive guy has been missing in Detroit for a long time outside of Lids.

Ian White could be something to look at as well. Just a well rounded guy to play as a number 5 replacement of Ericcson