• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

robb himself

July 1st UFA Wish List

Rate this topic

I don't see us letting Eaves walk. As much as i'd love to have Prust here, the Rangers would be silly to trade him away. John Madden has already stated he will retire if Minnesota doesn't want him back next year. His family lives in Minnesota. I'm hoping we stay away from Zherdev and Jagr, possibly Kenny could possibly acquire a top 6 guy via trade? Not likely, though. I think Matt Greene would be a great fit here. A local Michigan kid, fits the bill for a young shut-down defenseman. Won't be looking for a ton of money. Jim Vandermeer comes to mind as another shut-down defenseman, at the right price of course.

You're looking at the wrong Greene I think. Matt is signed for 3 more years in LA. Andy is the UFA.

Though Andy is also a Michigan native, and pretty good in his own right. More of an offensive guy, but decent defense. Not one of my top choices, but I wouldn't object.

He was pretty terrible in the SCF and wasn't anything special in the remainder of the playoffs either. Maybe chalk it up to inexperience or nerves but he didn't bring it when it counted.

Hey, we used to have a guy like that!

First 4 seasons in the playoffs:

42 GP 3 goals 12 assists

Guess who he is and how he turned out?

This is not good for us. Wiz will probably be looking for a similar cap hit, plus more years.

I don't know, Markov has had injury issues the last two years, and he's a bit older, but he's also been much better defensively and offensively. I really like Wis, but he does still have to prove he can maintain that offensive output. Also, one big signing isn't going to skew the market much.

2011-2012 Stanley cup winning team right here. Perfect balance.

Traded Hudler to NYR for Prust. They took the trade cause they need scoring.

Defense improved with Brewer and Lilja

PK improved with Madden and Prust

Offense improved with Zherdev/Jagr

Checking line improved with Prust

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS

Tomas Holmstrom ($1.875m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Johan Franzen ($3.954m)

Todd Bertuzzi ($1.937m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Nikolai Zherdev or Jagr ($2.000m)

John Madden ($1.050m) / Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Daniel Cleary ($2.800m)

Justin Abdelkader ($0.787m) / Darren Helm ($0.912m) / Brandon Prust ($0.800m)

Cory Emmerton ($0.533m) / / Jan Mursak ($0.550m)

DEFENSEMEN

Nicklas Lidstrom ($6.200m) / James Wisniewski ($4.000m)

Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m) / Brad Stuart ($3.750m)

Eric Brewer ($4.250m) / Andreas Lilja ($0.750m)

/ Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m) / Ty Conklin ($1.250m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $59,400,000; CAP PAYROLL: $59,317,044; BONUSES: $0

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $82,956

You know you have 4.6 million more to play with, right?

2011-2012 Stanley cup winning team right here. Perfect balance.

Traded Hudler to NYR for Prust. They took the trade cause they need scoring.

Defense improved with Brewer and Lilja

I stopped right here, sorry.

Ryan O'Byrne is a RFA for the Avs. If they choose not to offer him a contract, does that make him a UFA July 1st? He would be a good replacement for Ruslan Salei. In turn, Salei is a former Ave, I wonder if they'd want him back? Ideally though, Salei must be looking at San Jose, Los Angeles, or Anaheim to be closest to his family.

Ryan O'Byrne is a RFA for the Avs. If they choose not to offer him a contract, does that make him a UFA July 1st? He would be a good replacement for Ruslan Salei. In turn, Salei is a former Ave, I wonder if they'd want him back? Ideally though, Salei must be looking at San Jose, Los Angeles, or Anaheim to be closest to his family.

If the Avs turn down the contract offered by the arbitrator, then yes.

I think we were the only ones who thought it was a good idea to go after him. Still holding out hope for Jim Vandermeer or Jason Strudwick!

As long as Vandermeer doesn't play like he did last season, but instead plays like he did in Phoenix or Calgary, I'd be all for it. Pass on Strudwick, though.

I think we were the only ones who thought it was a good idea to go after him. Still holding out hope for Jim Vandermeer or Jason Strudwick!

Rather have Harrison than the other two purely because of the age issue, but all would make fine 6/7 defensemen.

As long as Vandermeer doesn't play like he did last season, but instead plays like he did in Phoenix or Calgary, I'd be all for it. Pass on Strudwick, though.

At the right price, also. Vandermeer, for what role he plays, has quite the salary. Over $3 mil, iirc?

Rather have Harrison than the other two purely because of the age issue, but all would make fine 6/7 defensemen.

Yeah Harrison re-signed for 2 years, $1.4 mil. Strudwick may just retire. Didn't get much playing time in Edmonton last year. Hopefully someone gives him a chance, though.