• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

robb himself

July 1st UFA Wish List

Rate this topic

Wild card, but likely no less than 4. I could see anything up to 4.75-5 being offered by a desperate team, but it may not be a team/location he wants to go to. I think somewhere between 4.2-4.5 is probably the most likely range, depending on length of contract and so on.

He's a valuable commodity. Essentially Cleary with more offense and less injuries. Toss in the fact that Cleary is currently underpaid, the cap is up, and an overpayer's market, and Laich is going to make a solid pile.

You're very convincing. If that ends up being the case, I guess I would go with someone else in that spot for less.... J. Jokinen maybe..... or maybe roll the dice that Connolly can stay healthy or that Vrbata can play decent hockey outside of Phoenix.

bieksa just set the bar at 4.5mil.

that would put erhoff and wiz under...say 3.9 - 4.3ish.

i am no cap cruncher...but if we overpay, this will set kron and stu in motion for even more next year.

i trust holland....but his stock is falling a bit.

make us proud kenny!

BTW...steve sullivan is a UFA as of today.

hmmmmm.

You're very convincing. If that ends up being the case, I guess I would go with someone else in that spot for less.... J. Jokinen maybe..... or maybe roll the dice that Connolly can stay healthy or that Vrbata can play decent hockey outside of Phoenix.

See Ryder above. Probably the best option outside of Laich. The best budget option for the Wings is probably Upshall. He gives us enough offense (~20g) to fill in as a 3rd scoring line sort of role and simultaneously provides us with a lot more grit. Obtainable around 3.0 as you posted. Laich, say 4-4.5, Ryder, anywhere from 3.5-4.2. Jokinen is a nice piece but imo he gives us more of the same; I like Connolly, but he plays an already stacked position for us and is again more of the same. Also injuries as you noted. Vrbata is a wild card but one I could live with if we're looking for a forward and some of the above aren't available.

bieksa just set the bar at 4.5mil.

that would put erhoff and wiz under...say 3.9 - 4.3ish.

That sets the bar high, actually. Both Wiz and Ehrhoff bring more offense than Bieksa, both can run or play on a 1st PP unit, and ultimately, offense pays. Expect both to get more than Bieksa unless they take a discount somewhere.

Edited by Datsyerberger

See Ryder above. Probably the best option outside of Laich. The best budget option for the Wings is probably Upshall. He gives us enough offense (~20g) to fill in as a 3rd scoring line sort of role and simultaneously provides us with a lot more grit. Obtainable around 3.0 as you posted. Laich, say 4-4.5, Ryder, anywhere from 3.5-4.2. Jokinen is a nice piece but imo he gives us more of the same; I like Connolly, but he plays an already stacked position for us and is again more of the same. Also injuries as you noted. Vrbata is a wild card but one I could live with if we're looking for a forward and some of the above aren't available.

That sets the bar high, actually. Both Wiz and Ehrhoff bring more offense than Bieksa, both can run or play on a 1st PP unit, and ultimately, offense pays. Expect both to get more than Bieksa unless they take a discount somewhere.

I'm with you. I was trying to (in my scenario) add some grit and scoring up front. I liked both Eaves and Miller, but I wanted to fill those spots with some more well rounded guys. Unfortunately, the grit/scoring potential combination sort of seems to end after those two guys. I don't like overpaying for anyone, though. I don't think Detroit is in a position where they need to do that (at least, not at forward).

I'm with you. I was trying to (in my scenario) add some grit and scoring up front. I liked both Eaves and Miller, but I wanted to fill those spots with some more well rounded guys. Unfortunately, the grit/scoring potential combination sort of seems to end after those two guys. I don't like overpaying for anyone, though. I don't think Detroit is in a position where they need to do that (at least, not at forward).

For another D option, by-the-by, Babchuk is a very underrated option.

Upsides:

1. Great shot

2. Great shotblocker

3. Lots of size

4. Good skating for his size

5. Good vision, somewhere between Bieksa and Wiz offensively

6. Fierce competitor

Downsides:

1. Aside from shot blocking, not particularly gritty or physical

2. Lackluster D coverage (still not any worse than Wiz, and better than Ehrhoff due to his shotblocking imo)

3. Inconsistency

4. Attitude; not a prima donna, but his fierce sense of competiveness does end up working against him sometime.

He'll be cheaper than Wiz or Ehrhoff and imo surprise the fans of any team that picks him up.

The Wild are putting Cam Barker on waivers today and plan to buy him out if he clears...

I think he would be a good replacement for Ericsson if he is wanting too much cash.

what do you guys think?

take him off waivers with a 3 mill cap hit?

wait for him to get bought out?

dont even consider him?

This one is going to make people laugh...

Eklund, the town moron, is actually suggesting that Detroit will try to steal Stamkos via offer sheet from Yzerman...

:blink::blink::blink:

Holy s***, the guy needs to be committed.

Pretty sure he writing from his padded room

Obviously everyone is talking about how Vancouver is still trying to sign Ehroff. I haven't heard one word (realistically) about the Canucks and Sami Salo. Just like Jovonovski, Salo is a guy I could see the Wings taking on in a short term situation. Plus he's a right handed defenseman who can play the point on the PP.

Obviously everyone is talking about how Vancouver is still trying to sign Ehroff. I haven't heard one word (realistically) about the Canucks and Sami Salo. Just like Jovonovski, Salo is a guy I could see the Wings taking on in a short term situation. Plus he's a right handed defenseman who can play the point on the PP.

If he could stay healthy, him and Lidstrom would make quite the first powerplay duo... me thinks.

No thanks on Vrbata. He's going to cost too much for what he brings and what role he would play.

I'm in for Connolly, Jokinen, or Anthony Stewart.