• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

vladdy16

Lidstrom agrees to 1-year, $6.2m contract

Rate this topic

by bickering, i mean lets not have a 20 page thread involving people saying: hes overpaid, or should have taken a bigger discount for the team. stuff like that. Lets all just be happy that the greatest defenseman ?ever? playing for our red wings for another year

I totally misunderstood your post. I thought you were saying Nick bickered to Kenny about his pay. I didn't realize you were talking about LGW.

I'm in total agreement with you.

Guest Shoreline

Proud of sir Nick for going through the work ethic for yet another season. Let's hope it's a healthy one.

Yay for good news day. :)

So you're saying that 4.75 is an insult to a player of his calliber with incentives that would more than likely put it up to 6.2-6.5?

Seriously?

See my response to you above. It covers all that.

And where did this sense of bickering come in? I clearly stated that I had no problem either way, but I wanted to throw it out there for conversations sake. Tell me how that is considered "bickering?" Haha.

I never said *you* were bickering. Besides, that response to Wings4Life19 was due to a misunderstanding of his post.

Holland's text to Lids right after he heard the news was probably something like "I owe you one.....big time".

Lids always talks about being motivated to play another year. I wonder what Hollands told Lids about the Wings plans this off-season? It had to be something really positive...right?? Soemthing like, "Nick, we have money to spend this off season that we haven't had in a long while. We're going to be doing x,x,x,x,x, and x to make this team better and make deep run at the cup." Very curious as to what Hollands plan is now. I don't think mentoring B. Smith and Kindl would be a huge motivator for Nick....I'm thinking the off season plan is ambitious.

Or...as my wife simply put it; Maybe it's not about the hockey. Lids and his wife have stated that they love living in the States, and leaving will be very hard. Maybe they aren't ready to make a move yet, and Lids doesn't want to sit around the house all day or start something just to keep him busy that isn't in his long term plans (moving back to Sweden).

Yeah, because a difference of 1 or 2 million is going to keep Detroit from making it in the playoffs.

Do you think he is worth LESS than Seabrook? Seabrook is being paid 5.8 next year.

He's worth 100 million, IMO, but take a home team discount for his presumably final year like Stevie did! For the greater good!

Yeah, because a difference of 1 or 2 million is going to keep Detroit from making it in the playoffs.

Do you think he is worth LESS than Seabrook? Seabrook is being paid 5.8 next year.

Oh right-o, I forgot that Seabrook was in his 20th odd NHL season and had earnt an absolute stack over his cateer.

Oh right-o, I forgot that Seabrook was in his 20th odd NHL season and had earnt an absolute stack over his cateer.

Oh, so because Lidstrom has already made a lot of money, he should take peanuts to spend even MORE time away from his family and bring in ticket sales, merchandise sales, and an even better product to the Detroit Red Wings because he owes it to them?

What a joke.

$6.2 is fine ... salary cap is going up, Ralfalski's $6 mill is off our cap ... you can't pay him 2nd tier D-man money like $4-5 mill, he deserves the kind of respect of a top tier Dman and Captain. Those of you who thinks he should pay for free .. stop being so cheap. We want to be a classy organization.

Edited by RedWingsRox

Oh, so because Lidstrom has already made a lot of money, he should take peanuts to spend even MORE time away from his family and bring in ticket sales, merchandise sales, and an even better product to the Detroit Red Wings because he owes it to them?

What a joke.

Nah, I'm thinking more along the lines of he's 41, he's in his last year, lets take a slight discount (heck, $5.5 mil, what a slap in the face......) to give me the absolute BEST chance of having the perfect send off.

It appears gaining that every last bit of money takes priority over building the best possible team.