• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

vladdy16

Lidstrom agrees to 1-year, $6.2m contract

Rate this topic

Happy Day! But seriously guys, with the news of the cap going up $4mil just yesterday. Do you really expect Lidstrom to take another pay cut? I bet he's closer to $7mil this year.

It's already been confirmed at $6.2M, same as last year.

Ladies and Gents, I think this will be his last. I remember when we were playing SJ and then people asked, could this be his last game ... and we were suddenly jarred because it would be the end of a historic Hall of Fame player. SO before it's too late, let's enjoy this season with #5 anchoring our blue line ... I'm guessing it might be his last :( before he hands the C over to #13 :D .

Edited by RedWingsRox

I just hope he's not coming back for another 2nd round exit.

This team better make whatever moves necessary to be a serious Cup contender next season. I want to see him retire on top.

Real_ESPNLeBrun Pierre LeBrun

Lidstrom also said he had questions for Holland about direction of team after Rafalski retirement. Clearly, Holland gave him right answers

sounds good to me :cool:

If not included ESPN is reporting its 1 year 6.2 million:

Holland said on the call today he would look to add one or two defensemen, whether that's via trade or free agency. That's easier to do now that Lidstrom has decided to return on a one-year, $6.2 million contract for next season. It's a stronger sales pitch to other players when you have Lidstrom on the roster. With Lidstrom Brad Stuart and Niklas Kronwall, Holland needs to fill one major hole on defense; but if UFA spending gets too crazy July 1, Holland’s other option is to look for second-tier UFAs and hope youngsters such as Brendan Smith or Jakub Kindl can also make the jump next season.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/9422/faceoff-lidstrom-is-coming-back-but-red-wings-now-need-to-find-him-help

Just got home from running errands. The bad news is, Texas is losing in their baseball game. The good news is I saw that Lidstrom signed for another year!!

:w00t2::colorbounce::w00t2:

I about peed my pants in sheer glee.

Karsch and Anderson on 97.1 are bringing up Nick's plus minus and saying we should have paid less. While a partial barometer, this stat is not indicative of any defenseman's overall worth.

1) While his plus/minus went down from last year, this is more indicative of team defense; Nick can't lift every stick on the ice.

2) He had 60 points last season.

3) Losing both our assistants AND our captain in the same year does not a smooth transition make.

4) Even with a less-than-desirable plus/minus, he's STILL a Norris finalist.

Why do I bother listening to these guys??

This is one of those (few) days when I'm grateful I live in hotter'n 'hell Texas rather than Deeetroit. We got more than enough bulls*** here to deal with anyway. :cool:

This is terrible news.

Ericsson is clearly ready to become the number one D-man on this team (and has for a while), and this Lidstrom guy keeps holding him back every year with these comebacks.

It may be time for Big Rig to take his talents elsewhere.

Like to South Beach exclamation.gif

Karsch and Anderson on 97.1 are bringing up Nick's plus minus and saying we should have paid less.

they probably like more other D-man contracts :rolleyes:

from capgeek:

TOP CAP HITS

Player Pos Team Age Length Amount

1. Chara, Zdeno » D BOS 34 5 $7,500,000

2. Campbell, Brian » D CHI 32 8 $7,142,875

3. Bouwmeester, Jay » D CGY 27 5 $6,680,000

4. Boyle, Dan » D SAN 34 6 $6,666,667

5. Phaneuf, Dion » D TOR 26 6 $6,500,000

6. Redden, Wade » D NYR 34 6 $6,500,000

7. Jovanovski, Ed » D PHO 34 5 $6,500,000

8. Timonen, Kimmo » D PHI 36 6 $6,333,333

9. Lidstrom, Nicklas » D DET 41 1 $6,200,000

10. Rafalski, Brian » D DET 37 5 $6,000,000

11. Markov, Andrei » D MTL 32 4 $5,750,000

12. McCabe, Bryan » D NYR 36 5 $5,750,000

13. Visnovsky, Lubomir » D ANA 34 5 $5,600,000

14. Keith, Duncan » D CHI 27 13 $5,538,462

So thrilled Nick is gonna come back and grace us with his talent for one more year.

Really wanna see him go out on top with his name on the trophy one more time.

With that being said....I'm gonna enjoy my freedom for now cause when July 1st get's here, I won't not be glued to my computer. I think starting July 1st, you are going to see this team take a direction it hasn't taken in a few years. A direction that will put us back on top and bringing the Cup back to the only city it belongs in.

LET'S GO WINGS!!!!

Guest CaliWingsNut

I was happier with his performance this year (10-11) more so than last (09-10), so I have 0 issue with him getting paid the same.

Been a legend of the game, one of our greatest ever, but you won't convince me otherwise that he could've taken a better deal for the team.

He deserves what he got but I agree on wishing he'd come back for more of a discount. Oh well. Glad to have him back.