• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

vladdy16

Lidstrom agrees to 1-year, $6.2m contract

Rate this topic

Nik really should have taken even a slight cut... this probably seals it that Ken will go after quick and cheap geezers in free agency.

Not really, with the Cap going up to $64M, Holland still has $15.9M to re-sign Miller/Eaves (both of whom won't cost more than $2M combined) Wisniewski may cost between $4.5M - $5.5M but that still is only $7.5M on the high end still giving Holland $7.5M to get another defensman for around $2M or so. Still leaves $4.5M to either bring up Janik to be #7 or if he wants to overpay Ericsson. Once they trade Hudler, that'll open up $2.89M more so that will be roughly $7M to sign a UFA forward and a solid back-up goalie and a 7th defenseman... Hell, I am listening to the presser right now and Holland just said they are a team that is going to go up to the Cap and spend their money...so who knows whats coming up!?!?!

(queue up a line combo)

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS

Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Jaromir Jagr ($2.500m)

Johan Franzen ($3.954m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($1.937m)

Daniel Cleary ($2.800m) / Darren Helm ($0.912m) / Patrick Eaves ($0.950m)

Drew Miller ($0.850m) / Justin Abdelkader ($0.787m) / Tomas Holmstrom ($1.875m)

Cory Emmerton ($0.533m) / Jan Mursak ($0.550m)

DEFENSEMEN

Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m) / Brad Stuart ($3.750m)

Nicklas Lidstrom ($6.200m) / James Wisniewski ($5.000m)

Ed Jovanovski ($3.000m) / Steve Montador ($2.250m)

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m) / Joe Goalie ($0.750m)

SALARY CAP: $64,000,000; CAP PAYROLL: $60,517,044; BONUSES: $0

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $3,482,956

That fact that Holland says they are going to spend up to the Cap is really encouraging! I would love to see a lineup similar to this! Wiz for 5 years, Jovo and Monty for a year each, Jagr/Miller/Eaves for 2 years each. Next year throw the wallet at Suter and or Burns.... God, when you have the cash, the off season is soooo exciting!!!

Edited by LeftWinger

Not really, with the Cap going up to $64M, Holland still has $15.9M to re-sign Miller/Eaves (both of whom won't cost more than $2M combined) Wisniewski may cost between $4.5M - $5.5M but that still is only $7.5M on the high end still giving Holland $7.5M to get another defensman for around $2M or so. Still leaves $4.5M to either bring up Janik to be #7 or if he wants to overpay Ericsson. Once they trade Hudler, that'll open up $2.89M more so that will be roughly $7M to sign a UFA forward and a solid back-up goalie and a 7th defenseman... Hell, I am listening to the presser right now and Holland just said they are a team that is going to go up to the Cap and spend their money...so who knows whats coming up!?!?!

(queue up a line combo)

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS

Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Jaromir Jagr ($2.500m)

Johan Franzen ($3.954m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($1.937m)

Daniel Cleary ($2.800m) / Darren Helm ($0.912m) / Patrick Eaves ($0.950m)

Drew Miller ($0.850m) / Justin Abdelkader ($0.787m) / Tomas Holmstrom ($1.875m)

Cory Emmerton ($0.533m) / Jan Mursak ($0.550m)

DEFENSEMEN

Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m) / Brad Stuart ($3.750m)

Nicklas Lidstrom ($6.200m) / James Wisniewski ($5.000m)

Ed Jovanovski ($3.000m) / Steve Montador ($2.250m)

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m) / Joe Goalie ($0.750m)

SALARY CAP: $64,000,000; CAP PAYROLL: $60,517,044; BONUSES: $0

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $3,482,956

That fact that Holland says they are going to spend up to the Cup is really encouraging! I would love to see a lineup similar to this! Wiz for 5 years, Jovo and Monty for a year each, Jagr/Miller/Eaves for 2 years each. Next year throw the wallet at Suter and or Burns.... God, when you have the cash, the off season is soooo exciting!!!

I would not be surprised if Holland tries to make at trade for Bogosian.. at least tries. He'd be silly not to, and who knows. I am really hoping we get Wiz and Montador.. I think that would more than sew up our defense. Even if we just have Kindl play third line and bring up Janik as the 7th guy... We really could make a push for Richards, but I doubt it will happen.

It's interesting to think of a possible trade with Philly, too. Maybe we get Carle? It's just exciting cause there are many possibilities and by all accounts, Holland has said he will be active and both him and Babcock seem to be promoting a change in the guard, maybe a bit more size and aggression, perhaps.

Does this mean I can buy a Nick jersey now? :P

I know, right? I can't go wrong with a Lids jersey retired or not, but I confess, I was waiting for the news before dropping $150+.

And my coworker nearly gave me a heart attack at work when she came by me and started speaking: "Lidstrom is r---" That's all I heard as my heart stopped in my chest . . . and then started beating again when the rest of her sentence registered in my ears "is returning for another year." Woo Hoo!! :w00t2: September just got a little brighter.

Guest Crymson

I would not be surprised if Holland tries to make at trade for Bogosian.. at least tries. He'd be silly not to, and who knows. I am really hoping we get Wiz and Montador.. I think that would more than sew up our defense. Even if we just have Kindl play third line and bring up Janik as the 7th guy... We really could make a push for Richards, but I doubt it will happen.

It's interesting to think of a possible trade with Philly, too. Maybe we get Carle? It's just exciting cause there are many possibilities and by all accounts, Holland has said he will be active and both him and Babcock seem to be promoting a change in the guard, maybe a bit more size and aggression, perhaps.

With the Winnipeg team easily able to spend up to the cap, and with them badly needing a solid foundation, I don't think Bogosian will be on the table unless they receive an offer they can't refuse. And no, I don't mean threatening to blow their brains out.

Still leaves $4.5M to either bring up Janik to be #7 or if he wants to overpay Ericsson.

that thought is quite scary. Ericsson's agent will be pushing for more $$$ now that the cap is going to increase so much

With the Winnipeg team easily able to spend up to the cap, and with them badly needing a solid foundation, I don't think Bogosian will be on the table unless they receive an offer they can't refuse. And no, I don't mean threatening to blow their brains out.

Damnit! That was my next suggestion... :ph34r:

Ladies and Gents, I think this will be his last. I remember when we were playing SJ and then people asked, could this be his last game ... and we were suddenly jarred because it would be the end of a historic Hall of Fame player. SO before it's too late, let's enjoy this season with #5 anchoring our blue line ... I'm guessing it might be his last :( before he hands the C over to #13 :D .

Well, as Nick won't be handing the C to #13, you'll be waiting a while before you get to enjoy that game.

Winnipeg has Byfuglien for years, and Enstrom through 2013. If they feel they might be able to keep Enstrom past that point, Bogo becomes an asset who could be dealt to improve the forward corps. The best option I can see for the Wings involving Bogosian is to sign Erik Cole and trade Franzen for Bogosian. That gives Winnipeg another skilled winger who is signed for an extended period who can play with Antropov and Kane. If they bring Ladd back, they almost have two solid lines, each with a solid winger and center; and plenty of size. Wheeler and Stewart might be able to round that out for now if they can't get it done in FA, although they should be able to bring in at least one more scoring forward. What is really killing them is Hainsey's contract; he needs to start earning it, or needs to be traded.

Filppula is the other option for a Bogo deal, as he's young and skilled all-around, someone they can build around as well as Kane and Ladd.

If they sign Bogosian and intend to keep him, they might look to trade Enstrom; Enstrom, while the better defenseman, might not cost the Wings too much more if anything more at all. And the deal would be basically the same except for Bogosian/Enstrom.

Edited by eva unit zero

I have been trying to find words to express my joy. There are none. I'll go with colours and stuff.

:!: :colorbounce: :carrot: :banana:WHEE! :banana: :carrot: :colorbounce: :!:

Edited by 55fan

@eva

Just reading his posts makes my brain hurt. Does he actually think that swapping Franzen out for Cole would be better? Cole had 26 goals last season, Franzen had 28.

Over the two careers, Franzen has scored 121 goals in 395 games while Cole has 184 goals in 620 games... Do the math, one is better.

Furthermore, let's look at the playoffs for a complete b-slap to your face for suggesting the replacement:

Franzen - 83 games, 37 goals, 35 assists

Cole - 43 games, 6 goals, 8 assists

Eva, please stop talking!

Nick-Lidstrom.jpg

When is this issue from? The Fabian Brunnstrom sub-article is a little funny in hindsight...

You could easily re-title that

Best.

Modern-Era Defenseman.

Ever.

period.

and whats mind blowing, is that he's an ever better human being... if there was ever a role model in professional sports, it's Nick Lidstrom.

When is this issue from? The Fabian Brunnstrom sub-article is a little funny in hindsight...

You could easily re-title that

Best.

Modern-Era Defenseman.

Ever.

period.

and whats mind blowing, is that he's an ever better human being... if there was ever a role model in professional sports, it's Nick Lidstrom.

December 2007. Here's a link to purchase your very own copy. Look around, they have some pretty cool back issues still available.

https://secure.thehockeynews.com/online-store/index.php?cat=I&=&feature=THNI07121801&