• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

vladdy16

Lidstrom agrees to 1-year, $6.2m contract

Rate this topic

Love it. He has been quoted as saying he will be playing as long as he can compete at the highest possible level and I do believe last season (a possible Norris trophy season) is all the more reason to be back. The man is just unbelievable. Great news and keep the good news rolling! Wiz signing next? We shall see.

It would be hilarious if Lidstrom went to free agency one of these years, just to see what ridiculous amounts would get tossed his way (but still signed with the Wings regardless, of course).. I think the "why didn't he give us a discount?" crowd would be pretty shocked by the results.

It would be hilarious if Lidstrom went to free agency one of these years, just to see what ridiculous amounts would get tossed his way (but still signed with the Wings regardless, of course).. I think the "why didn't he give us a discount?" crowd would be pretty shocked by the results.

Good topic for discussion.

What would Lidstrom command on the open market these days and in his current condition?

$7-10 million. Teams would line up, too. Just for a one year contract. It would be like asking guys how much they'd be willing to pay Marissa Miller for a night of fun.

The number 7.5 came to mind but I didn't really have a reason for it. Maybe because Duncan Keith I think is the highest paid dman at 8mil.

And for the record, I'd pay more for a whole bunch of other options other than Marissa Miller. Not saying she's not hot. Obviously. Just not my cup of tea.

The number 7.5 came to mind but I didn't really have a reason for it. Maybe because Duncan Keith I think is the highest paid dman at 8mil.

And for the record, I'd pay more for a whole bunch of other options other than Marissa Miller. Not saying she's not hot. Obviously. Just not my cup of tea.

Who would be your cup of tea, good sir?

Finish this sentence.

If Nick doesn't win the Norris trophy tonight...

It wouldn't be a huge surprise, since he finished the regular season as a minus, & they usually don't give the Norris Trophy for the top D in the league to a minus player.

Finish this sentence.

If Nick doesn't win the Norris trophy tonight...

I'd be confused as to what the voters were looking at.

Chara had NO business even being voted top 3, same goes for Weber. If Lidstrom doesn't win, it'd be a crying shame. +/- doesn't matter when you had a goalie who was 30th in every statistical category, save for wins.

Then I say at least 8 because I would sign Lidstrom this year on a 1 year deal over Keith that's for sure. I have a feeling a lot of other teams would too.

PS- does anyone have a problem with 6.2? (I didnt think so)

Guest stinky fish taco

Chara had NO business even being voted top 3, same goes for Weber.

really? they had "NO business" even getting top-3 votes? so who should have rounded out the top 3?

I think Kevin Bieksa would be a good defensive partner.

As do I and many other fans here, but as has been reported, it looks like Vancouver is close to re-signing him and should have something finalized by the UFA period. Anything is possible, though.

This is obviously fantastic news, because we're better with Nick even at 85% than we are with no Nick at all. My question is, I haven't read through all 5 pages of this thread thus far......how many people bitched/complained/hemmed & hawed at the price of the contract? I would like to think the number is zero, but you never know.

Just saw this on NHL.com and thought it was crazy (link:http://www.nhl.com/ice/commentsthread.htm?id=566683#COMMENTTOP)

bigvig JUN. 22, 2011 5:28PM EST

Lidstrom has NO place in winning the Norris this year. For a defenseman with the Redwings who had 16 goals & 46 assists to be a MINUS 2, are you kidding me!? What exactly makes him even in the RUNNING this year!? Oh, his name. Right. Weber had 16 goals and 32 assists and was a plus 7. If youre one of the leagues best defenseman who puts up 50 points or close to it, and youre a MINUS, or barely in the plus column, that says youre on the ice for a LOT of goals. Then you take a look at Chara: 14 goals with 30 assists and a PLUS 33. There is NO denying Chara is the BEST shut-down d-man currently in the league. He plays against the oppositions BEST every night and puts up MONSTER numbers. Chara is the NEW Lidstrom. It would be a complete travesty for Lidstrom to win out over about 20 other guys in the league this year, let alone Weber or Chara.

Chara is the new Lidstrom, ok budd wink.gif

Chara had a vezina finalist and conn smythe winner in behind him and Weber had a Vezina finalist behind him, no wonder their +/- were so high...

And as if Lids doesnt get paired against the other teams top players, and still puts up 'Monster Numbers" in the form of 62 points, a nice gap between that and 44...