• Please log in to reply
217 replies to this topic

#161 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,529 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 11:14 PM

Still leaves $4.5M to either bring up Janik to be #7 or if he wants to overpay Ericsson.

that thought is quite scary. Ericsson's agent will be pushing for more $$$ now that the cap is going to increase so much

#162 SwedeLundin77

SwedeLundin77

Over the Line!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 11:25 PM

With the Winnipeg team easily able to spend up to the cap, and with them badly needing a solid foundation, I don't think Bogosian will be on the table unless they receive an offer they can't refuse. And no, I don't mean threatening to blow their brains out.

Damnit! That was my next suggestion... :ph34r:

#163 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 01:47 AM

#164 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 02:59 AM

Ladies and Gents, I think this will be his last. I remember when we were playing SJ and then people asked, could this be his last game ... and we were suddenly jarred because it would be the end of a historic Hall of Fame player. SO before it's too late, let's enjoy this season with #5 anchoring our blue line ... I'm guessing it might be his last :( before he hands the C over to #13 :D .

Well, as Nick won't be handing the C to #13, you'll be waiting a while before you get to enjoy that game.

With the Winnipeg team easily able to spend up to the cap, and with them badly needing a solid foundation, I don't think Bogosian will be on the table unless they receive an offer they can't refuse. And no, I don't mean threatening to blow their brains out.

Winnipeg has Byfuglien for years, and Enstrom through 2013. If they feel they might be able to keep Enstrom past that point, Bogo becomes an asset who could be dealt to improve the forward corps. The best option I can see for the Wings involving Bogosian is to sign Erik Cole and trade Franzen for Bogosian. That gives Winnipeg another skilled winger who is signed for an extended period who can play with Antropov and Kane. If they bring Ladd back, they almost have two solid lines, each with a solid winger and center; and plenty of size. Wheeler and Stewart might be able to round that out for now if they can't get it done in FA, although they should be able to bring in at least one more scoring forward. What is really killing them is Hainsey's contract; he needs to start earning it, or needs to be traded.

Filppula is the other option for a Bogo deal, as he's young and skilled all-around, someone they can build around as well as Kane and Ladd.

If they sign Bogosian and intend to keep him, they might look to trade Enstrom; Enstrom, while the better defenseman, might not cost the Wings too much more if anything more at all. And the deal would be basically the same except for Bogosian/Enstrom.

Edited by eva unit zero, 21 June 2011 - 03:00 AM.

"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#165 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 03:09 AM

lol @ Eva... "every non-first liner but Hudler is expendable!"

#166 MGreenberg

MGreenberg

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 04:01 AM

lol @ Eva... "every non-first liner but Hudler is expendable!"

Yeah, his love for Hudler really rubs me the wrong way on some days.

#167 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 08:09 AM

Can we have ONE &*^*$%^#%^ thread that does NOT turn into a discussion about trading Hudler?!?

This is a thread of joy, not one to be sullied with this tired argument...

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#168 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,226 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 08:18 AM

Can we have ONE &*^*$%^#%^ thread that does NOT turn into a discussion about trading Hudler?!?

This is a thread of joy, not one to be sullied with this tired argument...

QFT. Keep it on topic, please.
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#169 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,922 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 08:44 AM

I have been trying to find words to express my joy. There are none. I'll go with colours and stuff.

:!: :colorbounce: :carrot: :banana:WHEE! :banana: :carrot: :colorbounce: :!:

Edited by 55fan, 21 June 2011 - 08:45 AM.

#170 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 08:57 AM

I have been trying to find words to express my joy. There are none. I'll go with colours and stuff.

:!: :colorbounce: :carrot: :banana:WHEE! :banana: :carrot: :colorbounce: :!:

Really the only way -
:D :beerbuddy: :hockey: :yahoo: :w00t2: :yowza: :punk:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

#171 SwedeLundin77

SwedeLundin77

Over the Line!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 08:59 AM

@eva

Just reading his posts makes my brain hurt. Does he actually think that swapping Franzen out for Cole would be better? Cole had 26 goals last season, Franzen had 28.

Over the two careers, Franzen has scored 121 goals in 395 games while Cole has 184 goals in 620 games... Do the math, one is better.

Furthermore, let's look at the playoffs for a complete b-slap to your face for suggesting the replacement:

Franzen - 83 games, 37 goals, 35 assists
Cole - 43 games, 6 goals, 8 assists

Eva, please stop talking!

#172 Cloune

Cloune

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 09:01 AM

best goal nick :)

#173 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,333 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 10:27 AM

Posted Image
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#174 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 10:42 AM

Posted Image

When is this issue from? The Fabian Brunnstrom sub-article is a little funny in hindsight...

You could easily re-title that
Best.
Modern-Era Defenseman.
Ever.
period.

and whats mind blowing, is that he's an ever better human being... if there was ever a role model in professional sports, it's Nick Lidstrom.

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

#175 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,671 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 11:02 AM

When is this issue from? The Fabian Brunnstrom sub-article is a little funny in hindsight...

Best.
Modern-Era Defenseman.
Ever.
period.

and whats mind blowing, is that he's an ever better human being... if there was ever a role model in professional sports, it's Nick Lidstrom.

It's been said before numerous times; hockey players tend to be some of the best guys around...Too bad all the non-hockey fans hear/see is the on ice brawls, and idiocy with the likes of Matt Cooke courtesy of ESPN.

Anywho - happy to see Nick playing 1 more season :thumbup:

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#176 BigWillieStyle

BigWillieStyle

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 01:09 PM

Best.
Modern-Era Defenseman.
Ever.
period.

December 2007. Here's a link to purchase your very own copy. Look around, they have some pretty cool back issues still available.

https://secure.theho...e=THNI07121801

#177 Xitium

Xitium

Super Lurker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 02:15 PM

If you start a new thread within two hours after a Wings game, specifically a loss, YOU ARE WRONG.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#178 IllinoisRedWingsFan

IllinoisRedWingsFan

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 06:59 PM

Yay glad to see him back for one more year!

#179 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 08:51 PM

Love it. He has been quoted as saying he will be playing as long as he can compete at the highest possible level and I do believe last season (a possible Norris trophy season) is all the more reason to be back. The man is just unbelievable. Great news and keep the good news rolling! Wiz signing next? We shall see.
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#180 egroen

egroen

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 11:28 PM

Wings can literally dangle the opportunity to play on a line with Nicklas Lidstrom - that's a nice bargaining chip.
Red Kelly #4 and Larry Aurie #6 belong in the rafters!!!

"For my game, I don't need to score the goal," Konstantinov once explained. "I need someone to start thinking about me and forgetting about scoring goals."