• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MacK_Attack

Ryan Smyth requests trade to Edmonton

Rate this topic

:lol: I'm sure the Oilers will be all over adding a 6.25 million dollar cap hit for a 35 year old forward who produced 41pts(?) last season. I wouldn't take Smyth from LA even if it was only for future considerations. On top of that LA is trying to compete for a Cup so they'll want to keep a top 6 forward who can produce 41pts around next season.

This deal doesn't make a lick of sense.

:lol: I'm sure the Oilers will be all over adding a 6.25 million dollar cap hit for a 35 year old forward who produced 41pts(?) last season. I wouldn't take Smyth from LA even if it was only for future considerations. On top of that LA is trying to compete for a Cup so they'll want to keep a top 6 forward who can produce 41pts around next season.

This deal doesn't make a lick of sense.

47 points.

The cap hit doesn't really matter to the Oilers. In fact, it would help keep them comfortably above the cap floor. His salary is $4.5 million, which is probably not something the Oilers would be excited about, but probably not a deal-breaker.

What about Smyth-for-Souray?

I have never been to Edmonton so I have no judgement against Edmonton as a city. Why do so many people hate on Edmonton so much?

Living close and having been there quite a few times, it's not hard to see why people hate it so much. Crimes bad, weathers worse, and there arent alot of parks :ph34r: (kidding, but Bryzgalov wouldnt wanna play there)

The fans are passionate, and they have good management and ownership finally, but all the other things about the city keeps players from wanting to go there.. except Smyth for some reason.

Wasn't there some talk of Hemsky wanting out or they were possibly looking for takers? Hemsky would probably thrive with the Kings.

Me thinks a line of Brown - Kopitar - Hemsky would be pretty sick.

Of course, I'm sure LA would have to give a little something extra to obtain Hemsky.

Guest Hatethedrake!

According to Bob McKenzie, Ryan Smyth has told the L.A. Kings he would prefer a trade to the Edmonton Oilers this summer.

He's not going to start crying if he doesn't get traded to the Oilers is he? He will likely cry if he does get traded back to the Oilers.

The Oilers could use someone on their team who remembers what it was like to be in the playoffs.

Compensation to the Kings should be what they got for Smyth: Robert Nilsson, Ryan O'Marra and Alex Plante. It must have felt bad to be the only team not to screw the Islanders in a big trade, but now they can make up for it with this deal.

Family reasons or not... I don't think those words would ever come out of my mouth... " I want a trade to Edmonton". s***, hes rich, move your family to LA! No, I know its not that easy but family is #1 priority.

He's clearly a masochist and likes suffering.