• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

CenterIce

MacDonald Moving on; Salei iffy

Rate this topic

Fine by me.

While I like Joey. He didn't earn anything more than the role of third stringer. He's fine in that role, but he's not Howard's back up.

Salei. Well, the decision is now his... and ours. If he's got no offers come August and we still need a defenseman... he's serviceable... and we can offer him less.

MacDonald grew up near me so I was pumped having a Nova Scotian on the team. I would've been able to go to the cup parade haha. I wish him the best for suresies.

Sad to see him go, I would've been comfortable with him being back-up full time.

I think Osgood not sure if he will retire just yet probably played into this, though I don't blame Osgood for wanting to keep going as long as he can, and if he thinks he can go and docs or whomever think he can go, by all means do it. I'd be comfortable with him as back up if he can prove he's healthy again.

Comfortable with getting a guy like Conklin back if that's the route they go, even though he struggled last year by the looks of numbers (only recalled maybe 1 or 2 games he played against the Wings this season, barely saw him at all this year).

Guest Crymson

I thought MacDonald played pretty well for us in the short time we had him. So I guess I'm a little sad to see him go, but its not really all that big a deal.

Now Salei I never really cared for...

He played fairly well for two or three games, but he's not a reliable second-stringer. And in today's NHL, you'd better have a reliable #2 goalie if you want your starting goalie to not be burnt out by the time the postseason begins.

I like both guys but obvious this is the right choice/decision. I mean I guess there is a long shot chance we re-sign Salei but I doubt it. As for MacDonald, I like him but he's a third string goalie at best if he gets with a NHL team...

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing)

I couldn't care less about a third string goalie or a 5th/6th DMan when there are better cheaper options out there. JMaccc, while I'd like him back, it's good to see him move on and hopefully find a team to start 20 games for. Salei gave us exactly what we asked for while being one of our best defenders in the playoffs. Thanks for being team players and good luck moving on fellows.

Best wishes to both of them. I can understand how not coming back would be in their best interests- Joey for his career and Rusty for his family.

They are not the stars or the big names, but they came in, did what was asked of them for the roles they played.

Good luck in the future, guys!

Can't say I'm real broken up about this. I liked Salei, but Joey Mac was best as a Griffin. Hopefully Rusty can go back West for his family and MacDonald can find a team that can use him as a back-up (Phoenix?).

Can't say I'm real broken up about this. I liked Salei, but Joey Mac was best as a Griffin. Hopefully Rusty can go back West for his family and MacDonald can find a team that can use him as a back-up (Phoenix?).

Hell, he'd be their number one right now in Phoenix...

good luck to Joey Mac, I would have loved him to have stayed in the organization as a #3/#1 in GR, but anything more and I'm hesitant, especially with the amount of good, cheap, reliable backups available this off-season...

As for Osgood - he is done, I think he's Holland's plan Q by this point, as in options A-P fail first, we're 2 days from camp and need a backup... "crap, Osgood, want a job?" but the odds of that are slim to none and slim has one foot out the door...

This is the right move for the Wings. I thought Salei would move closer to home but I wasnt sure about Joey Mac, he had a good year of hockey this season. I remember some huge stops he made for us and hope some one takes a shot on him (pun intended) as a full time back up. Thanks for the season guys and good luck.

Guest CaliWingsNut

let me cover you by pointing out that you're joking, before this gets out of hand...

You don't think we'll get them????? Why not! :ph34r:

That's great news to me. I'm glad Salei is going as far as MacDonald I think we could find a decent free agent goalie if we don't keep Ozzie either. I'd rater go after a UFA Goalie than bring back Ozzie with all the troubles he's had latley.

That's great news to me. I'm glad Salei is going as far as MacDonald I think we could find a decent free agent goalie if we don't keep Ozzie either. I'd rater go after a UFA Goalie than bring back Ozzie with all the troubles he's had latley.

So what happens when Joey Mac can't find what he's looking for out on the market? I for one would still welcome him back on a 2-way deal to split time between GR & the big club. Wasn't that how he ended up back in the Wings organization to begin with?

Edited by ogreslayer