• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockey13Playa

Winter Classic Foes All But Official

Rate this topic

Well it appears as the 2011-2012 Winter Classic is pretty much set. The New York Rangers at the Philadelphia Flyers. Seeing as the Flyers are my favorite NHL team (except for the wings of course) I like the idea of them being in another winter classic game. However, I think there are other teams that should have top priority to the game first; teams who have not played in a winter classic yet. (Mind you I don't think all NHL teams should be able to participate, nor would it make sense). I am just saying there are other teams who should be given the New years day game before other teams double up. This would make for the fourth outdoor game that a Pennsylvania team has played it. WOW! Any ways here is link with the info and a shot at the jerseys that each team would use. I like the throwback idea for Philadelphia; reaching out to there Quaker days.

http://www.icethetics.info/blog/2011/6/22/winter-classic-foes-all-but-official.html

Lets discuss!

Edit: It appears the image on the site is mock-up concept. Regardless, I think it looks pretty damn good!

Edited by Hockey13Playa

Flyers jerseys are dope. NYR not too shabby either.

Who are these other teams youd like to see in place of philly? The only other American teams (they have to be American to play) that could play would be NYI, MINN, STL, NJ or CBJ. And I think all but MINN would be a bad choice.

Can't wait for HBO's 24/7. It would be awesome to see the Wings version of it.

By the way, Devils or Isles instead of Flyers would have been better because Rangers-Flyers isn't as good rivalry as those rivalries and Flyers have already been in Winter Classic.

Edited by Jusek

Guest CaliWingsNut

The season starts on January 2nd this time? Interesting.

No Pittsburgh? Interesting.

And, there is no Heritage Classic this coming season; I can make a pretty good guess where the next one is.

Actually the season starts on Black Friday now. NBC per the new contract will be broadcasting a game the day after US Thanksgiving.

I hope this is not official, I don't think the matchup is very compelling, and as has been stated already, Philly has already been in a winter classic, and since they do not feature a certain player who shall not be named, they should not be in another one so soon, although I do think the Rangers should be involved, the only US original 6 team that hasn't yet. I would like to say though, the mock-up Flyers jerseys are pretty sweet, I would consider buying one even though I am definitely not a fan of the team, way better than the ones they used in Boston.

The season starts on January 2nd this time? Interesting.

No Pittsburgh? Interesting.

And, there is no Heritage Classic this coming season; I can make a pretty good guess where the next one is.

January 2nd is a monday. Dumb idea but i rather have it on a Monday then head to head with the NFL.

Guest CaliWingsNut

I saw a note that the start time may be set for 8 PM.

Per the Comcast/NBC deal they will all be night time for now on and Sunday games (like this year) will be delayed till the next day.