• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockey13Playa

Winter Classic Foes All But Official

Rate this topic

Second time in three years with the Flyers. The NY Rangers? I avoid watching their boring games at all costs, now they're being put on a national stage. They better get Brad Richards or hope Gaborik stays healthy for that game or they won't have anyone worth watching. Really dumb choice of teams, IMO. They're teams playing in big markets and they'll sell a ton of jerseys in those markets, but for the hockey fan outside of those cities, no one will care. This might be the first WC I don't watch.

Second time in three years with the Flyers. The NY Rangers? I avoid watching their boring games at all costs, now they're being put on a national stage. They better get Brad Richards or hope Gaborik stays healthy for that game or they won't have anyone worth watching. Really dumb choice of teams, IMO. They're teams playing in big markets and they'll sell a ton of jerseys in those markets, but for the hockey fan outside of those cities, no one will care. This might be the first WC I don't watch.

At this point, I think that's all the Winter Classic is about. Otherwise other, more deserving teams would be getting their chance to play outdoors. How Minnesota - the nation's hockey capital - hasn't hosted a WC on top of the Mall of America I'll never know.

Now that the Penguins and Flyers have gotten and will get 2 Winter Classics, I have no shame in saying that I wouldn't mind seeing the Wings play in a 2nd one. If it's all about marketing, they might as well pick one of the biggest national fanbases in hockey.

Was thinking the same thing. I would have actually had a shot to go if that was the case.

That's probably why.

Bettman doesn't want you at the game, because of all the hurtful things you've posted about him. You've lost your Winter Classic privileges.

Now that the Penguins and Flyers have gotten and will get 2 Winter Classics, I have no shame in saying that I wouldn't mind seeing the Wings play in a 2nd one. If it's all about marketing, they might as well pick one of the biggest national fanbases in hockey.

Games I would rather watch than this year's classic:

Wings / Wings red and white game.

Wings / U of M at the Big House

Wings / Vipers alumni

Wings / State on the east side of Saginaw

Wings / Griffins ladderball tournament

Bertuzzi / Cleary on NHL 07 for PSP