• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Majsheppard

Trades on the table for the draft?

Rate this topic

One report states that "The market for defensemen however is more wide open, as Minnesota’s Brent Burns, Washington’s Mike Green, Calgary’s Jay Bouwmeester (NTC), Colorado’s John-Michael Liles, Winnipeg’s Johnny Oduya, Edmonton’s Tom Gilbert and Vancouver’s Keith Ballard could be available."

There are talks that there are opportunities to move up in the draft as well.

What options are there available to a Ken Holland who has stated publicly that he will pursue trades to fix the defense?

Please add any rumors you come across here.

Jay Bouwmeester is an interesting name. 6.6 seems like a hefty addition, but he could be a good fit. What do you think?

Edited by Majsheppard

No thanks to Bouwmeester. Mike Green maybe. As mentioned earlier in the Wild firesale thread yes to Brent Burns but highly doubtful. Gotta think Huds is primary trade bait but his value isn't too good tbh. Gonna take a prospect, maybe someone else and a high pick to get any good d-man.

please burns..please burns....please.

26 years old...big strong and puts it in the net.

ON MINNESOTA'S TEAM! 80gm 17g 29a 46pts. -10 98pm

imagine the impact here.

give up the first round pick and players!

he is frickin 26. 6' 5" 219lbs. Right handed....RIGHT HANDED!

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/w0NvaUKNrl8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

damn it....i just don't know how to put those in here!

i'm too frickin old for this trickery.

there it is.

No thanks to Bouwmeester. Mike Green maybe. As mentioned earlier in the Wild firesale thread yes to Brent Burns but highly doubtful. Gotta think Huds is primary trade bait but his value isn't too good tbh. Gonna take a prospect, maybe someone else and a high pick to get any good d-man.

Eh, value is subjective. Look at how much Burke coveted Lebda. Someone's bound to want Hudler and maybe, just maybe, it could be Minnesota.

I was pretty high on Bouwmeester last year when he was a UFA. I felt like he would be a great fit for the Wings, but I don't know if I'd want him at $6.6. Not that he'll ever fill Lidstrom's shoes someday, doesn't his Hockey News profile sound like Lidstrom years ago?

ASSETS: Has incredible skating ability, a keen sense of when to join the rush, size and hockey smarts. Is a capable shutdown defender.

FLAWS: Doesn't play enough of a physical game to dominate in that department, despite impressive physical attributes. Is too reserved to be a vocal team leader.

CAREER POTENTIAL: Mobile big-minute defenseman with stellar defensive ability.

I would love Bouwmeester unfortunately he has a NTC

You don't think he would waive that for Detroit?

Think Minny would trade Burns for Hudler, the rights to Larsson & Hat Trick Dick, & a 1st or 2nd rounder?

I don't think that would work.

I would think that it would have to include Val or at least throwing in more top prospects.

I would hold out for Sheahan, Emmerton, Kindl, Hudler and a top pick. if I was Minny. Could prob get more.

You don't think he would waive that for Detroit?

Why do people always think this way? I mean sure Detroit is probably the most popular destination in the league but everyone has this mentality that everyone would jump at the opportunity to come to Detroit. People get No trade clauses for a reason, so no I don't think he would waive it for Detroit, otherwise why would he negotiate one in the first place? Why do you think Calgary traded for him 2 days before he became a FA?

Why do people always think this way? I mean sure Detroit is probably the most popular destination in the league but everyone has this mentality that everyone would jump at the opportunity to come to Detroit. People get No trade clauses for a reason, so no I don't think he would waive it for Detroit, otherwise why would he negotiate one in the first place? Why do you think Calgary traded for him 2 days before he became a FA?

Sheesh, so single-minded. Players negotiate no-movement clauses so that teams can't trade them to Columbus (ala Carter). It doesn't mean they don't want to play for other Contenders if they had the chance. It gives them an option to choose, instead of having no control over their destination. I'm not saying he wants to come to Detroit, but your reasoning is off-base.

Sheesh, so single-minded. Players negotiate no-movement clauses so that teams can't trade them to Columbus (ala Carter). It doesn't mean they don't want to play for other Contenders if they had the chance. It gives them an option to choose, instead of having no control over their destination. I'm not saying he wants to come to Detroit, but your reasoning is off-base.

Why is that off base? How do you know which teams he does and does not want to play with? Everyone has different reasoning for wanting to go to different markets. Ryan Smyth wants to go back to Edmonton, no one else in the league does. Jagr wants to go to Pittsburgh or Detroit. Brooks Laich wants to stay in Washington. Mike Fisher's top choice was Nashville. Rick Nash wants to stay in Columbus for his entire career. All of these teams are very different in terms of hockey markets and where they're at in the standings. Actually, I'm really ******* confused how what I said is single minded because I was actually suggesting the opposite that maybe we should consider other reasons why people choose or do not choose to go to different teams. Not just "Oh Detroit, ya they're good, I should sign there" type attitude. Also,I don't understand your analogy with Carter at all, it seems to further prove my point.

Why is that off base? How do you know which teams he does and does not want to play with? Everyone has different reasoning for wanting to go to different markets. Ryan Smyth wants to go back to Edmonton, no one else in the league does. Jagr wants to go to Pittsburgh or Detroit. Brooks Laich wants to stay in Washington. Mike Fisher's top choice was Nashville. Rick Nash wants to stay in Columbus for his entire career. All of these teams are very different in terms of hockey markets and where they're at in the standings. Actually, I'm really ******* confused how what I said is single minded because I was actually suggesting the opposite that maybe we should consider other reasons why people choose or do not choose to go to different teams. Not just "Oh Detroit, ya they're good, I should sign there" type attitude. Also,I don't understand your analogy with Carter at all, it seems to further prove my point.

Actually, your point, unless you typed it like a complete tard was that he must have signed a no-movement clause because he didn't want to play anywhere but Calgary, when actually there are other reasons for signing such an amendment. The Carter analogy is to prove the point that signing a no-movement clause can be good because it gives you a choice in your movement instead of being traded to a team you may not want to go to. It's just as off-base for you to suggest that 'meester being traded to Detroit is outrageous for people to think as it is for you to think that he must just want to stay in Calgary and not go anywhere else if he had the option via trade.

Tuck your string in, guy.

Actually, your point, unless you typed it like a complete tard was that he must have signed a no-movement clause because he didn't want to play anywhere but Calgary, when actually there are other reasons for signing such an amendment. The Carter analogy is to prove the point that signing a no-movement clause can be good because it gives you a choice in your movement instead of being traded to a team you may not want to go to. It's just as off-base for you to suggest that 'meester being traded to Detroit is outrageous for people to think as it is for you to think that he must just want to stay in Calgary and not go anywhere else if he had the option via trade.

Tuck your string in, guy.

LOL, what?

Yes, generally you sign NTCs or no movement clauses because you don't want to be traded or moved. How is that hard to understand? It perfectly describes what it is. I have yet to hear a "Only trade me to these teams" clause.

EDIT: This post does come off as simple minded but the point remains the same. I understand many NTCs have special modifications where the player submits a list of teams that he will not accept a trade to but Jay Bouwmeester does not and that's what started this little troll war we have going

Edited by Never_Retire_Steve

I think everyone wants to get rid of Hudler, However I would trade Filppula, our 1st round pick and a prospect for Burns as they probably will not bite with Hudler involved. Then through free agency try to sign Brad Richards if possible. Or possibly one of Laich or Tanguay if Richards is too expensive. I think the risk involved would be a number of UFA defensemen on our team next year.

I think everyone wants to get rid of Hudler, However I would trade Filppula, our 1st round pick and a prospect for Burns as they probably will not bite with Hudler involved. Then through free agency try to sign Brad Richards if possible. Or possibly one of Laich or Tanguay if Richards is too expensive. I think the risk involved would be a number of UFA defensemen on our team next year.

I'm not sure why everyone isn't sold on Filppula? Guy is young, has wheels, has tremendous hockey sense, is slowly becoming more of an offensive threat.

For us to throw him in on a trade and a first round pick would be a tremendous amount of talent going across. Not sure why we would want to part with Flip and probably a top six forward for Burns.

hitting free agency is our best bet. Unless we can throw in someone we don't want, a.k.a Hudler.

Edited by stevie12

I'm not sure why everyone isn't sold on Filppula? Guy is young, has wheels, has tremendous hockey sense, is slowly becoming more of an offensive threat.

For us to throw him in on a trade and a first round pick would be a tremendous amount of talent going across. Not sure why we would want to part with Flip and probably a top six forward for Burns.

hitting free agency is our best bet. Unless we can throw in someone we don't want, a.k.a Hudler.

I like Filppula, However Hudler didn't have a very good year and is smaller than Filppula. If we are gonna get a legitimate young big man defensman who is right handed then we have to be willing to part ways with players that we like. Free agent forwards are available also that can replace Filppula. In my opinion it is a cheaper way to go. If we can deal Hudler lets go for it but just looking at the trades that happened yesterday we have to assume that more will asked for in order to get deals done.