• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Never_Retire_Steve

Never_Retire_Steve

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,156 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 02:05 AM

Actually, your point, unless you typed it like a complete tard was that he must have signed a no-movement clause because he didn't want to play anywhere but Calgary, when actually there are other reasons for signing such an amendment. The Carter analogy is to prove the point that signing a no-movement clause can be good because it gives you a choice in your movement instead of being traded to a team you may not want to go to. It's just as off-base for you to suggest that 'meester being traded to Detroit is outrageous for people to think as it is for you to think that he must just want to stay in Calgary and not go anywhere else if he had the option via trade.

Tuck your string in, guy.

LOL, what?

Yes, generally you sign NTCs or no movement clauses because you don't want to be traded or moved. How is that hard to understand? It perfectly describes what it is. I have yet to hear a "Only trade me to these teams" clause.

EDIT: This post does come off as simple minded but the point remains the same. I understand many NTCs have special modifications where the player submits a list of teams that he will not accept a trade to but Jay Bouwmeester does not and that's what started this little troll war we have going

Edited by Never_Retire_Steve, 24 June 2011 - 02:18 AM.

#22 Diluvian04

Diluvian04

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 09:40 AM

I think everyone wants to get rid of Hudler, However I would trade Filppula, our 1st round pick and a prospect for Burns as they probably will not bite with Hudler involved. Then through free agency try to sign Brad Richards if possible. Or possibly one of Laich or Tanguay if Richards is too expensive. I think the risk involved would be a number of UFA defensemen on our team next year.

#23 stevie12

stevie12

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 10:42 AM

I think everyone wants to get rid of Hudler, However I would trade Filppula, our 1st round pick and a prospect for Burns as they probably will not bite with Hudler involved. Then through free agency try to sign Brad Richards if possible. Or possibly one of Laich or Tanguay if Richards is too expensive. I think the risk involved would be a number of UFA defensemen on our team next year.

I'm not sure why everyone isn't sold on Filppula? Guy is young, has wheels, has tremendous hockey sense, is slowly becoming more of an offensive threat.

For us to throw him in on a trade and a first round pick would be a tremendous amount of talent going across. Not sure why we would want to part with Flip and probably a top six forward for Burns.

hitting free agency is our best bet. Unless we can throw in someone we don't want, a.k.a Hudler.

Edited by stevie12, 24 June 2011 - 10:42 AM.

#24 Diluvian04

Diluvian04

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 10:59 AM

I'm not sure why everyone isn't sold on Filppula? Guy is young, has wheels, has tremendous hockey sense, is slowly becoming more of an offensive threat.

For us to throw him in on a trade and a first round pick would be a tremendous amount of talent going across. Not sure why we would want to part with Flip and probably a top six forward for Burns.

hitting free agency is our best bet. Unless we can throw in someone we don't want, a.k.a Hudler.

I like Filppula, However Hudler didn't have a very good year and is smaller than Filppula. If we are gonna get a legitimate young big man defensman who is right handed then we have to be willing to part ways with players that we like. Free agent forwards are available also that can replace Filppula. In my opinion it is a cheaper way to go. If we can deal Hudler lets go for it but just looking at the trades that happened yesterday we have to assume that more will asked for in order to get deals done.

#25 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,634 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 12:52 PM

green would be awesome. too bad the caps wont get rid of him.. not a chance. burns or liles could be cool too..

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#26 luvmnger

luvmnger

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 08:35 PM

DAMN IT!

BURNS JUST WENT TO SAN JOSE.

we better do something big.

come on kenny!

this feels like a "beat detroit to the punch"
Dino Ciccarelli will always be #1

#27 DarbyGuy

DarbyGuy

Jr. Prospect

• 25 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 08:48 PM

hudler for recognition during the speech of your first pick

#28 Diluvian04

Diluvian04

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 08:16 AM

I'm starting to believe that the wings will not make any trades. They don't really need to make any trades if they are confident in free agent signings but with campbell coming off the books. Chicago and other teams are making trades to free up cap space which make July 1st become much more pricey. These players are gonna be asking for much more than they were originally going to get. It just sucks.