• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
GSBrooks13

Bettman Re-Alignment Proposal

Rate this topic

bettmans a total f***tard. thats the worst idea. hoard all the best teams in the eastern divisions and only allow 4 per division to make the playoffs? f*** that. the divisions involving the teams from the south and the west are gonna be so s***ty and they make the playoffs over better teams....

You guys realize the only reason Bettman is putting the possibility of Detroit moving east in a couple seasons out there is because he knows (just like we all do) that in December 2012 the ancient Mayans will return from the seventh dimension and team up with the Reptilian aliens from Nibiru to destroy the earth and enslave humanity.

No can do. The Nibiru Aliens were traded to Philly this afternoon for Pronger and future considerations.

On topic: I don't like lopsided divisions, but if they put Edmonton and Toronto as the extra teams, it'll all even out in the end.

Guest Shoreline

Bettman's just teasing us. He can say he's moving us East to gain our trust, then he'll reveal the rest of his plan:

Move all the other West teams to the East, and all the East teams to the West, then relocate the Prime Meridian to Central Asia, thus placing all of the US west of Pittsburgh in the Eastern hemisphere, to give some logic to the whole thing.

This sounds like it should be a commercial for the NHL Network, following their old theme of "making our defence our offence and our offence our defence". :thumbup:

Sounds interesting enough, re-alignment is way overdue. I'm not sure about the divisional matchups in the first round...although that could lead to some good playoff rivalries. It could get old after 3 or 4 seasons though.

As far as Phoenix moving to QC the season after next?...then more whining ensues lol.

Hopefully Doucheman folds the Ducks and has Selanne hired at Disneyland as a mascot of one of the Looney Tunes characters.

Love the changes, especially to the playoff format. I can't believe Bettman actually came up with something brilliantly inventive. I've been wanting for years a mixup of playoff opponents. I hope it gets approved!

I'm not so concerned about rivalries. Most teams already have one and I imagine those will stay.

My only complaint is that the divisions should be done away with altogether. Or instead of letting 4 teams in each division in, just do the top two or something, and then let the bottom teams seed so that there's less chance of a worse team making it in over a better team that is ranked lower in their own division.

Edited by VM1138

WILDCARD *******!

Div 1:

Minnesota Wild

Chicago Blackhawks

St. Louis Blues

Dallas Stars

Colorado Avalanche

Phoenix Coyotes

Nashville Predators

Detroit Red Wings

Div 2:

Anaheim Ducks

Los Angeles Kings

San Jose Sharks

Vancouver Canucks

Winnipeg Jets

Edmonton Oilers

Calgary Flames

Detroit Red Wings

Div 3:

Detroit Red Wings

Pittsburgh Penguins

Toronto Maple Leafs

Ottawa Senators

Montreal Canadiens

Buffalo Sabres

New York Rangers

Boston Bruins

Div 4

Tampa Bay Lightning

Florida Panthers

Carolina Hurricanes

Washington Capitals

Detroit Red Wings

New Jersey Devils

Philadelphia Flyers

Columbus Blue Jackets

New York Islanders

Honestly, this may offend some people, but this is what my dream NHL would look like. A combination of the late 80's, plus several of today's franchises.

Smythe

Canucks

Flames

Oilers

Sharks

Kings

Avalanche

Norris

Wings

Blues

Blackhawks

Maple Leafs

North Stars

Jets

Patrick

Penguins

Flyers

Rangers

Islanders

Devils

Capitals

Adams

Canadiens

Bruins

Sabres

Nordiques

Senators

Whalers

That's 24 total teams. Obviously, I would contract several franchises and move some others around. I know it would never happen, but like I said, this is what I prefer the divisions to look like in my dream world.

I hate the late starts and all the travel our boys have to do, but I also live in Texas, meaning I get to go to two games a year, in Dallas. Wings move East, I might get one game every other year, unless they do the home-and-home which I would get one game a year. I'm being selfish, but I like seeing the Wings live.

I've been asking for them to return to divisional playoffs since 1994.

Rivalries arn't made by playing the nashville predators 8 times a year during the regular season. Rivalries are made when you're constantly playing against the same handful of teams every year in the playoffs.

I'd love for the first two rounds to be against the same group of 6 teams every year. If the Leafs, Canadians and Bruins can be a part of those 6 teams, I've got a semi.

It makes the 1st 2 rounds of the playoffs more interesting. It gives the 2nd round the Divisional Championship, which will mean something again. It makes the Conference Finals Champion vs. Champion. I love it. I love it so much, that I can almost guarentee it won't happen.

I'd love for the first two rounds to be against the same group of 6 teams every year. If the Leafs, Canadians and Bruins can be a part of those 6 teams, I've got a semi.

lolllll

I don't get why we would do something so drastic for Columbus. We put in decades in the West, let them do their time.

My major concern is the talk that there might be more unorthodox playoff and scheduling decisions made.

Watch us go east and still have to play in California a ton. Watch us draw Vancouver in the first round because they just seed 1-16. I just am pessimistic about this. JUST MOVE DETROIT EAST!

If there is anybody moving it's Atlanta aka Winnipeg Jets to the West and 1 team to the East. This whole re-alignment s*** is just that...s***. ESPN reported that this came about because of the time zone. Really?? it's been this way for years and now it's about the "time zone"? This going back to a unbalanced divisions is what we got away from in the 80's.

This s*** id getting dumber by the minute. Every time Bettman opens his mouth s*** falls out.

I've been reading that the East may have 16 teams and the West 14.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2011/06/red_wings_would_benefit_from_n.html

If the playoffs are 8 teams per conference, I really don't think that's fair. Unless there's wild cards for the final few spots, because there will be times when teams in the West, with more points than team in the East, don't make the playoffs.

Just put Nashville in the Southeast and move a few teams around in the Western Conference.

This s*** id getting dumber by the minute. Every time Bettman opens his mouth s*** falls out.

That's what I appreciate about the other Commissioners, you know who they are but don't see them much. Bettman's ugly mug is everywhere :thumbdown:.

Accord to Lou Lou,

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2011/06/nhl_2012-13_realignment_how_wi.html

the plan betman submitted had only one team moving east.

Now if you combine this with the fact that Columbus is petition the league for TWO teams to move east (not Detroit). AND that so many wings officials have been on record stating that the wings the next to move east.

Also noting that going to two divisions per conference from the current three would eliminate the south eastern division and the big need to move nashville east (even though that never made any sense because washington is not a 'southern' team)

It would only make sense for detroit to be the team betman proposed to move east.

You also have to factor in what 4 divisions of 7 or 8 team does to scheduling. For example

teams play divisional rivals 4 times (2 home, 2 away) = 24 games for the 7 team divisions and 28 games for the 8 team divisions

play every team twice (home and away) = 46 games for 7 team division and 44 games for 8 team division

Total that up = 70 and 72

How you divide up those remaining 10 or 12 games is really the big question,

- do you play each team in your division an additional time? Doing so would essentially eliminate conferences since you be playing the other 3 division an almost equal amount of times.

- do you play the teams in the other division in your conference an extra games? This would essentially eliminate divisions since you'd only play your division 4 times vs 3.

*****with bonus game throw in to get up to 82

Edited by bogeygolfer

Well after thinking about it, and looking at it from all sides, here is what I think:

With the Winnipeg Jets back in the National Hockey League, the League announced that dramatic realignment will be instituted for 2012-13. There are a couple of Western Conference teams that want to move to the east. The Detroit Red Wings and Columbus Blue Jackets are forced to play all of their conference road games out of their time zone.

I know the League has and will continue to have high level meetings about realignment. The talks will have input from owners to executives to GMs. Team concerns from travel to historical rivalries will be taken into consideration. This will take months.

WESTERN DIVISION: San Jose, Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Los Angeles, Anaheim, Phoenix

CENTRAL DIVISION: Winnipeg, Minnesota, Chicago, Colorado, St. Louis, Nashville, Dallas

NORTHERN DIVISION: Montreal, Boston, Ottawa, Toronto, Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Columbus, Detroit

EASTERN DIVISION: Rangers, Islanders, New Jersey, Philadelphia, Washington, Carolina, Tampa Bay, Florida

It's based on simply on geography. My alignment doesn't hold any bias for history or favourite opponents.

Let's bring back the Nordiques so the HABS fans have MORE to complain about lol.