• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Majsheppard

Holy crap...

Rate this topic

Wouldn't be surprised if Philly lured Zenon Konopka to replace Dan Carcillo, who was a major disappointment last year. I think Philly is far from done re-tooling. I can't understand how you sign a guy to a huge ******* contract and trade him away right after. Not to mention, he was the captain.. Something must have really been wrong, whether off-ice issues or something else. You don't see captains signed to long term deals randomly dealt like that often.

.Does this affect our ability to extract a player like Colburn or ...?

Do not want. Saw enough of his prima Dona attitude when he was with the Chicago Wolves (as a prospect for the Thrashers). Felt he was too "good" to fit in the system and wanted out. Then played just good enough to get a new contract then he dissappeared.

If I'm not mistaken, he also directly lead to the Blackawks Stanley Cup GWG.

Edited by nmuwildcat

My first thought was who will be their 2nd line center as well, but then when I read somewhere Giroux would be slotted there, I remembered that he is a natural center. Looks like Voracek and Simmonds are RFA who need to be re-signed, but this might give them the flexibility to re-sing Leino.

Richards and Carter must have really been a problem in the dressing room. I'm not excited by the fact that the Western conference and Central division just got a lot stronger.

If they keep Schenn in the NHL next season I think Leino is out. But if they let him go back to the minors Leino is in. Simmonds can get $2M-$2.5M if lucky and Voracek can get $3M tops IMO. Schenn is already inked in to make $3.1M if he plays in the NHL next year.

Who in our farm system is worth the same as Schenn or the 8th overall draft pick? No one. Come on guys.

Schenn is useless crap. You all have seen him in the last WJHCs. He is prototype Canadian forward from 70s. Shutt comes to my mind when I think of him. Could complement already strong team. No way he could lead a team.

Brad Richards claims he wants to play in a city where hockey is not everything. Hockey might not be 'everything' in Philly but that would be one damn difficult place to play as a number one centre making upwards of 7-8 million a year.

Brad Richards claims he wants to play in a city where hockey is not everything. Hockey might not be 'everything' in Philly but that would be one damn difficult place to play as a number one centre making upwards of 7-8 million a year.

They'd have to trade Bryzgalov to acquire Richards... now that would be interesting to see. :hehe:

Guest CaliWingsNut

Rumor on the webs has it that the Flyers might go after Brad Richards....

Come on... seriously? I CANNOT believe that.

TSN also reporting rumors they are after Steven Stamkos from Tampa.

Ok, let him sign with the Panthers and we'll see how soon it is before he's begging for a trade.

Guest CaliWingsNut

LOL @Eklund

Malkin to Pittsburgh Rumor. SERIOUSLY from a SOURCE

Then it's:

Malkin to Toronto....sorry! GULP....have at me. SERIOUSLY though

Now it's:

Let's just move on....:) It's a REAL rumor. I report rumors. I will just say....me personally, NO WAY MALKIN GOES ANYWHERE. move on...
Edited by CaliWingsNut

Howard is signed through 2012-13, Helm and Abdelkader won't be difficult to fit under the cap. Kronwall is the only person of that group that's going to deserve a big raise next year.

Travis,

Thanks. For some reason I thought Howards was up in 2012 then again not the first time I've been wrong.