No registered users viewing this page.

Majsheppard

Cap is official 64.3 Million.

Rate this topic

Per TSN.

Here is what we have.

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS

Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Johan Franzen ($3.954m)

Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Jiri Hudler ($2.875m) / Daniel Cleary ($2.800m)

Todd Bertuzzi ($1.937m) / Tomas Holmstrom ($1.875m) / Darren Helm ($0.912m)

Justin Abdelkader ($0.787m) / Jan Mursak ($0.550m) / Cory Emmerton ($0.533m)

DEFENSEMEN

Nicklas Lidstrom ($6.200m) / Brad Stuart ($3.750m)

Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m) / Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $48,092,044; BONUSES: $0

CAP SPACE (17-man roster): $16,207,956

Let us see what happens.

Damn, we have a buttload of cap space. If we were to trade Hudler and Filppula we would have $22,082,956. Unreal

If Hudler AND Filppula were to be traded, you would have to assume the trade return would be a significant defender or forward or we would make a strong push for Richards. A guy can hope.

Brent Burns and Brad Richards, Detroit Red Wings.

FORWARDS

Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Tomas Holmstrom ($1.875m)

Johan Franzen ($3.954m) / Brad Richards ($7.400m) / Daniel Cleary ($2.800m)

Todd Bertuzzi ($1.937m) / Darren Helm ($0.912m) / Jan Mursak ($0.550m)

Patrick Eaves ($1.000m) / Justin Abdelkader ($0.787m) / Drew Miller ($0.750m)

Kris Draper ($0.850m)

DEFENSEMEN

Brent Burns ($3.550m) / Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m)

James Wisniewski ($4.250m) / Nicklas Lidstrom ($6.200m)

Steve Montador ($2.000m) / Brad Stuart ($3.750m)

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m) / Marty Turco ($1.100m)

SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $62,583,711; BONUSES: $0

CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $1,716,289

I know this is unlikely to go down like this, like most of these predictions are, but it's nice to know that it would work in many cases and we'd still have some cap room to play with. Richards feeding Franzen with Cleary working clean-up... oh boy.

I also meant to put Jagr in there for 2 million or less. I think if we got Jagr, maybe you would switch out Montador or Wiz.

Edited by SwedeLundin77

I don't know what this is going to do to contracts this year. Going into it, people like Richards were prepared to take small pay cuts.

I doubt that is the case now. This might be the worst time to have a ton of cap. We might have to overpay. I hope we can get some players on long term contracts that look genius two years down the road.

Damn, we have a buttload of cap space. If we were to trade Hudler and Filppula we would have $22,082,956. Unreal

This is exactly what im talking about. People get so emotionally attached to players that I get neg'd for merely pointing out how much their cap hit is. I didn't even say I wanted to trade Filppula or that I thought we might, merely that IF we did, our available cap space would be enormous. Ridiculous.

Here, this will really piss them off. If we were to trade Datsyuk and Zetterberg, we would have $28,990,956 in cap space. If we were to trade Howard and Lidstrom we would have $24,657,956 available. And if we were to trade Lidstrom, Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Howard, Filppula and Helm, we could spend up to $41,652,956. Get it done Kenny!

If Hudler AND Filppula were to be traded, you would have to assume the trade return would be a significant defender or forward or we would make a strong push for Richards. A guy can hope.

Brent Burns and Brad Richards, Detroit Red Wings.

FORWARDS

Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Tomas Holmstrom ($1.875m)

Johan Franzen ($3.954m) / Brad Richards ($7.400m) / Daniel Cleary ($2.800m)

Todd Bertuzzi ($1.937m) / Darren Helm ($0.912m) / Jan Mursak ($0.550m)

Patrick Eaves ($1.000m) / Justin Abdelkader ($0.787m) / Drew Miller ($0.750m)

Kris Draper ($0.850m)

DEFENSEMEN

Brent Burns ($3.550m) / Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m)

James Wisniewski ($4.250m) / Nicklas Lidstrom ($6.200m)

Steve Montador ($2.000m) / Brad Stuart ($3.750m)

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m) / Marty Turco ($1.100m)

SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $62,583,711; BONUSES: $0

CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $1,716,289

I know this is unlikely to go down like this, like most of these predictions are, but it's nice to know that it would work in many cases and we'd still have some cap room to play with. Richards feeding Franzen with Cleary working clean-up... oh boy.

I also meant to put Jagr in there for 2 million or less. I think if we got Jagr, maybe you would switch out Montador or Wiz.

Yea, but get Turco the hell out of there. I'd rather have almost any of the free agent backup goalies out there than Turco.

I dont usually do the roster posting thing, but with the cap official I had to do one :ph34r:

FORWARDS

Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Jaromir Jagr ($2.000m)

Todd Bertuzzi ($1.937m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Johan Franzen ($3.954m)

Justin Abdelkader ($0.787m) / Brooks Laich ($4.000m) / Daniel Cleary ($2.800m)

Tomas Holmstrom ($1.875m) / Darren Helm ($0.912m) / Patrick Eaves ($0.950m)

Jan Mursak ($0.550m) / Cory Emmerton ($0.533m)

DEFENSEMEN

James Wisniewski ($4.000m) / Nicklas Lidstrom ($6.200m)

Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m) / Eric Brewer ($4.000m)

Steve Montador ($2.200m) / Brad Stuart ($3.750m)

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m) / Evgeni Nabakov ($0.570m)

SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $62,937,044; BONUSES: $0

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $1,362,956

Lots of room, tough defence, 3 extra players in case of injury. Get er done Kenny :hehe:

Edited by Detroit # 1 Fan

Anyone else think Weber just became a 10 million dollar player?

Nope, Nashville filled for arbitration so he can't get any offer sheets, if I remember correctly

Edit: And I doubt the arbitration will lead to a 10 million dollar salary or that Nashville will give him 10 million

Edited by Greatness=PavelDatsyuk

Yea, but get Turco the hell out of there. I'd rather have almost any of the free agent backup goalies out there than Turco.

I think Turco could be a good character backup... but I am not attached to bringing him in. I could just see it happening since he's really got nowhere to go but be a backup and his hometown team is looking for a backup. I would be much happier with Theodore, Harding, Conklin, or Hedberg. In any case, they'll all cost roughly the same. So the rest of the lineup could still work.

My dream roster. Fits well within the cap. Add some money here and there. Thats some mad o and d depth. Would mean trading Fil and Kindl+ and ending up with burns. its only one trade im proposing... hopefully that doesn't offend anyone. I think helm is a weapon and needs to be used more often on the opposition d so i have him on the 3rd line. and abby now has a solid place as 4th line center.

FORWARDS

Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Jaromir Jagr ($2.000m)

Daniel Cleary ($2.800m) / Brad Richards ($7.200m) / Johan Franzen ($3.954m)

Todd Bertuzzi ($1.937m) / Darren Helm ($0.912m) / Patrick Eaves ($0.900m)

Drew Miller ($0.750m) / Justin Abdelkader ($0.787m) / Tomas Holmstrom ($1.875m)

Jan Mursak ($0.550m) / Cory Emmerton ($0.533m)

DEFENSEMEN

Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m) / Brent Burns ($3.550m)

Nicklas Lidstrom ($6.200m) / James Wisniewski ($4.500m)

Brendan Smith ($0.875m) / Brad Stuart ($3.750m)

Doug Janik ($0.512m)

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m) / Brian Boucher ($0.925m)

SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $62,546,211; BONUSES: $0

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $1,753,789

Note: since Holland passed up richards and carter, im fully expecting him to go after brad richards on a shorter term deal (ideally 3-4 years). if not, im gonna be pissed as any of these guys will make the team better and we have the money. we could really use a guy like richards to feed franzen and cleary and free up dats and z a bit. the line combos would blow my mind.

EDIT: just looking at that roster gets me jacked up. seriously, f***.

Edited by dirtydangles

There's no way Smith makes the team over Kindl. I also have 0 expectation that the Wings make a play for Brad Richards. He's going to want a big pay day and to be somewhere for awhile. Whoever takes him on will probably be handcuffed.

There's no way Smith makes the team over Kindl. I also have 0 expectation that the Wings make a play for Brad Richards. He's going to want a big pay day and to be somewhere for awhile. Whoever takes him on will probably be handcuffed.

if u read the post i said trade kindl. and ya, smith would have to make the team, but i think itd be a great opportunity for lids to mentor him, and pairing him with a safe solid guy like stuart would be good for his development. why the hell would kenny not make a run at richards? its his job to make the team better. we have the cap space to sign 2 top dmen and richards, why not? who were you going to spend it on? theres a chance richards would be interested in a move to a team like detroit, not the biggest payday available... do you see a gaping weakness in the roster i proposed other than perhaps smith? theres money to sign a UFA at 2mill if you remove smith. its my "dream roster" so ya, its my opinion. not everyone has to like it.

if u read the post i said trade kindl. and ya, smith would have to make the team, but i think itd be a great opportunity for lids to mentor him, and pairing him with a safe solid guy like stuart would be good for his development. why the hell would kenny not make a run at richards? its his job to make the team better. we have the cap space to sign 2 top dmen and richards, why not? who were you going to spend it on? theres a chance richards would be interested in a move to a team like detroit, not the biggest payday available... do you see a gaping weakness in the roster i proposed other than perhaps smith? theres money to sign a UFA at 2mill if you remove smith. its my "dream roster" so ya, its my opinion. not everyone has to like it.

.. Whoa.

Just stating my opinion. If it's your 'dream roster' then why be so upset when logic gets in the way?

I'd rather the Wings not trade away 2 young players with potential for what is essentially 1 guy. Kindl needs more time to develop and, personally, I don't want Filpulla going anywhere. Call me a realist, but I'll be happy with Wiz, Laich and the possibility of Bieksa. I do like the idea of Boucher as the back-up. Seems feasible, too, given Philly's #2 will be Brobovsky.

but smith is better than kindl....

Because he put up better numbers in the AHL than Kindl did as a Red Wing? He's got more talent, but he's not ready for the NHL yet. He'll need a monster camp to make the 23-man.

Because he put up better numbers in the AHL than Kindl did as a Red Wing? He's got more talent, but he's not ready for the NHL yet. He'll need a monster camp to make the 23-man.

okay, so im pretty sure kenny said he would give smith every opportunity to make the team. it COULD happen this year. its up to smith to prove, he hasn't been written off by any chance.

simon gagne is also in play. ive read that he'd take a lower pay for maybe a year to prove he can stay healthy and put up points and then go for a bigger contract after. but thats speculation and we dont really need a left wing...

okay, so im pretty sure kenny said he would give smith every opportunity to make the team. it COULD happen this year. its up to smith to prove, he hasn't been written off by any chance.

Sure it could. I know Kenny and Co. have high hopes and I would never pretend to know more than they do. He had a strong season in Grand Rapids last year, made the AHL All Star team but couldn't attend because of injury - I know he's not a scrub. Seeing him the 10 or so times I did, though, it seemed pretty apparent that he had a long way to go to make the team. He needs to be more defensively responsible. I'm not the only person who has said this.

The 'weakness' is that the roster relies on an unrealistic trade for Burns.

Then there's about $8M is raises due the following year, essentially forcing Nick into retirement, and even after that if you lose Jagr, Homer, and Bert you're left with a hole in the top 6. Maybe if we knew the cap would go up another $3-5M...

My ideal situation with this cap is to make a play at Bieksa, we have lots of space I think it would be ok to overpay him a bit.

for some reason im not a bieksa fan. i know i should be but im not... kinda got that "bust" feeling for some reason. i like wiz a little better. either would be awesome though. i also think we need to leave a 1 year contract in the d to make room for smith when hes ready next season (if not this season). this means sign 2 dmen (Wiz, Bieksa) to mid length deals and one veteran to a 1 year deal.

Then there's about $8M is raises due the following year, essentially forcing Nick into retirement, and even after that if you lose Jagr, Homer, and Bert you're left with a hole in the top 6. Maybe if we knew the cap would go up another $3-5M...

blackhawks cup blitz baby. just do it. no, in all seriousness, tatar may be ready to fill in a top six spot the following year. i also see patrick sharp is set to be a ufa if not signed..... but i don't see lids doing another year after this unless we win the cup. even then its less likely. i have a feeling rafi retiring kinda roped him into coming back this year a bit, along with other things.

My ideal situation with this cap is to make a play at Bieksa, we have lots of space I think it would be ok to overpay him a bit.

There are rumors that he re-signed with Vancouver and they just have to make it official. Even if it's not done yet, it sounds like there's about a 99% chance that he doesn't hit free agency.

I don't know where you're getting $8 million from. Our UFA/RFAs next year are Hudler, Bertuzzi, Holmstrom, Helm, Abdelkader, Lidstrom, Stuart, and Kronwall (assuming everyone we sign this year is a multi-year deal) The only guys from that list that will be getting raises are Kronwall, Helm and Abdelkader, and maybe Stuart. Holmstrom will probably retire and could be replaced by someone younger and cheaper, Bertuzzi will get either the same or less money or retire and be replaced by someone cheaper, Hudler will probably get a pay cut (if he isn't traded or let go).

That leaves Kronwall ($2.5 million raise at the very most), Helm ($1 million raise) Abdelkader ($1 million raise). I could see giving Stuart an extra half million, anymore than that and he could be easily replaced for someone younger and cheaper. Even if the cap only goes up $2 million next year all we would have to do is let Hudler go and we'd be able to spend all the way up the cap this year and re-sign all our free agents next year. Lidstrom's only retiring if and when he's ready.

Edited by Bannedforlife