• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RedFX

Maxime Talbot

Rate this topic

It was discussed briefly in the Cap thread, with Detroit #1 Fan suggesting he'll go to Montreal.

Could very well happen. Seems a far cry from Talbot on 24/7 talking about how much he loves Pittsburgh and wants to be there. :cool:

It was discussed briefly in the Cap thread, with Detroit #1 Fan suggesting he'll go to Montreal.

Could very well happen. Seems a far cry from Talbot on 24/7 talking about how much he loves Pittsburgh and wants to be there. :cool:

I would hope with this guys post-season performance numbers over the years and abrasive style that Holland would tarket him and at least make an offer.

We'll see.

I would hope with this guys post-season performance numbers over the years and abrasive style that Holland would tarket him and at least make an offer.

We'll see.

Talbot doesn't seem like a player who takes kindly to the Winged Wheel.

He has some spunk, but if he is a winger who can't even get a decent contract in Pittsburgh, why should WE offer anything?

I actually wouldn't mind Talbot at the right price. You classic team guy who is a playoff warrior and score some huge goals as we all know. I remember in the back 2 backs with the Pens that he was one of there most dangerous players. I know I will get flamed and negged hard for this but I would take Talbot over Eaves... I'm not afraid to admit it, both are similar players but like I said, Talbot is a playoff warrior...

As some people have mentioned, he'll likely be asking for an unreasonable amount, if he wouldn't sign in Pitts., where he supposedly loved playing. While I hate him on principle, he's someone who would be good to have on the team. Not for too much though...maybe 2.5 tops?

As some people have mentioned, he'll likely be asking for an unreasonable amount, if he wouldn't sign in Pitts., where he supposedly loved playing. While I hate him on principle, he's someone who would be good to have on the team. Not for too much though...maybe 2.5 tops?

Him and Eaves are very similar players to me and I think we could have Eaves for a lot cheaper. I would definitely be happy with Talbot for around 2M. He is skilled enough that if there was and injury he could jump right in and play top 6. Plus like I said earlier that guy comes up huge in the playoffs where it really counts.

Him and Eaves are very similar players to me and I think we could have Eaves for a lot cheaper. I would definitely be happy with Talbot for around 2M. He is skilled enough that if there was and injury he could jump right in and play top 6. Plus like I said earlier that guy comes up huge in the playoffs where it really counts.

$2 mil?! Whoa. He's scored a grand total of 22 goals in his last three seasons combined. He came up big against us in the playoffs, but he hasn't done anything since. He's average defensively and he can't play in the top 6, which is why the Pens are letting him go. The Pens had no serious intention of signing Talbot and just sent him a lowball offer and see if he takes it. On Pittsburgh sports shows, Talbot and Kennedy have been considered to be cap casualties for months now, so this is no surprise. He is probably looking for something like $2 mil, but he won't get it or at least, shouldn't get it. Especially not from us either.

Shero told ESPN's Pierre LeBrun that he offered Talbot a 3-year deal, but that Talbot is headed to free agency.

First, Maxime Talbot is set to become an unrestricted free agent July 1 and it appears he's bound for the market.

"I think he's probably headed to July 1, that's probably the way it's going to go," Shero told ESPN.com on Friday. "We made a three-year offer. I wish the best for him; he was drafted by the Penguins. We'll see what happens. We have our limitations to what we can do."

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/9693/latest-rumblings-flames-have-smyth-edge-for-now-shero-on-jagr-talks

Talbot doesn't seem like a player who takes kindly to the Winged Wheel.

He has some spunk, but if he is a winger who can't even get a decent contract in Pittsburgh, why should WE offer anything?

Look at his numbers and tell me that's not the type of player we could use on the 3rd/4th line...

33 pts in 66 playoff games... for a third liner. I'd take him over Miller in a heartbeat.

Eaves is better than Talbot. Eaves has more offensive skill and I've been saying this for the past couple seasons, but I wish they'd put him up on the 2nd line for an extended period of time. He has good speed, is a monster defensively, doesn't shy away from physical play (but isn't overly physical), and he only costs around a million.

I would take Talbot for no more than 1.25 million in place of Miller/Draper. He would play, but not in front of Mursak. Mursak needs to see bonafide time on the ice this season.

Wings fans have really only seen the best of Talbot - it would be like the Pens clamoring for Ericcson, based on his 09 playoffs.

Not too excited about Talbot but wouldn't be terribly upset if he landed on a bottom line for Detroit. I just think he is going to cash in on his Cup win and get overpaid and overplayed by some franchise like Florida, looking for proven winners.

I actually wouldn't mind Talbot at the right price. You classic team guy who is a playoff warrior and score some huge goals as we all know. I remember in the back 2 backs with the Pens that he was one of there most dangerous players. I know I will get flamed and negged hard for this but I would take Talbot over Eaves... I'm not afraid to admit it, both are similar players but like I said, Talbot is a playoff warrior...

yes, but you wouldn't have to choose Talbot over Eaves, because he wold be replacing someone like Hudler, which of course I would gladly accept! :lol:

Talbot reminds me of the scene in Pulp Fiction, between Bruce Willis and Marcellus Wallace.

If I ever see him crossing the street, I'm hitting my gas pedal on that SOB. :D

Haha. There have been times over the last couple of years where the Griffins show the 'Sidney's basement' Reebok commercial. As such, people booed the commercial mercilessly.