• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Travis

Trade Speculation Talk...

Rate this topic

With all the movement going around in what's shaping up to be a busy off-season, it's probably best to use a catch-all thread to reduce forum clutter.

TSN's Gord Miller is reporting that Smyth to Calgary is almost a done deal. Every time he's reported a deal so far as being 'nearly done' it ends up done shortly thereafter.

@GMillerTSN: Hearing that Calgary is closing in on a deal for Ryan Smyth. He waives his no-trade and the Flames give up a late round pick.

Smyth to Calgary? I thought he wanted to go "home" where he was Captain Canada?

Oh and these combined threads are an excellent idea... too many people attempting to be "the first to post" and creating redundant threads.

Apparently getting him closer to home is good enough. I know he cited family issues, this might prove it's legitimacy.

Edited by Travis

smith for regher????

LA is looking insane next year if that happens

also mod if you can pin this thread as well that be great!

I thought Reghr was rumored to be headed to Buffalo.

Either way... is Calgary planning on icing any defensemen next year?

smith for regher????

Two different trades. And it's "Smyth".

I thought Reghr was rumored to be headed to Buffalo.

Either way... is Calgary planning on icing any defensemen next year?

He's still deciding on whether or not to waive his NTC.

Sorry, must be my hard on for our Smith.

FapFapFapFapFapFapFap

Haha, understandable. I'm really looking forward to seeing him play too. I hope he proves to be ready for the NHL and lives up to the hype.

Further link about Smyth here. Looks like it's quite near to a done deal.

Edit: To further clarify, Gord Miller's tweet:

Potential Ryan Smyth deal needs to be approved by Cgy ownership. Possibility the answer would be "no".
Edited by Zetts

JM Liles to Toronto for 2nd round pick.

A decent puck moving dman for a 2nd round pick, would be nice if we could pull that if were not thrilled on the FA front.

Good on Burke for actually making a sensible move. How long before he makes a trade that makes us forget he did something well today?

Good on Burke for actually making a sensible move. How long before he makes a trade that makes us forget he did something well today?

He's done quite well via the trade route. You know, as long as you ignore that little Kessel hiccup.

Guest CaliWingsNut

smith for regher????

TSN reports it as Smyth for a late pick

I don't know where he got it, but a friend of mine today said that he read a report that Detroit was interested in Regehr... Probably a Eklund rumor....

BTW, where is the Official Draft Day Thread?

It wouldn't be a surprise. Though most likely got it from a speculation. Regher would be a perfect fit for our needs. Also might be a good deal because Calgary is stupid. Let Tanguay go, so they can trade for one of the worst contracts in the league in Smyth?!?

Literally 6th worst in salary per points over the past three years.

It wouldn't be a surprise. Though most likely got it from a speculation. Regher would be a perfect fit for our needs. Also might be a good deal because Calgary is stupid. Let Tanguay go, so they can trade for one of the worst contracts in the league in Smyth?!?

Literally 6th worst in salary per points over the past three years.

Well, hell, I'll take Regehr and then sign Tanguay as well... So far, from the looks of it, Holland still needs to find three more defensemen, unless he is gonna use Smith or Janik, then he needs two... Regehr AND Wisniewski would be nice!

edit: Trade for Regehr, sign Wiz and Montador! draft Morrow! Defense SET for years to come!

edit2: if for some reason, Holland trades Filppula and keeps Hudler, I will be disgusted! I will be ok with trading Filppula as long as Hudler is gone as well.

Edited by LeftWinger

Well, hell, I'll take Regehr and then sign Tanguay as well... So far, from the looks of it, Holland still needs to find three more defensemen, unless he is gonna use Smith or Janik, then he needs two... Regehr AND Wisniewski would be nice!

edit: Trade for Regehr, sign Wiz and Montador! draft Morrow! Defense SET for years to come!

edit2: if for some reason, Holland trades Filppula and keeps Hudler, I will be disgusted! I will be ok with trading Filppula as long as Hudler is gone as well.

I don't see Holland doing that. Filp is bigger trade bait, but I think he's more valuable to us than his market value.

I don't see Holland doing that. Filp is bigger trade bait, but I think he's more valuable to us than his market value.

Good! I would hate to see him go, and as I my point was, I would ESPECIALLY hate to see him go, if it meant keeping Hudler instead!

Wouldn't be surprised if Flip is dealt but Kenny doesn't have the stones to pull it off. If Burke can get Liles for a 2nd, any combination of Flip, Hudler, Kindl and a pick could land the Wings a legit D man.

Getting rid of Kindl means we need yet another d-man.