No registered users viewing this page.

Travis

Trade Speculation Talk...

Rate this topic

Guest CaliWingsNut

Brouwer to Wash for 24th pick to Chicago

Edit err... 26th pick not ours LOL

Edited by CaliWingsNut

Troy Brouwer to the Washington Capitals in exchange for the 26th pick.

@DarrenDreger: Capitals acquire Troy Brouwer from Chic for Caps first round pick, 26th overall.

Pierre LeBrun just retweeted this about Robyn Regehr.

@SportsnetSpec: To clarify: Regehr has played his last game as a Flame. Just wants Feaster to dig up some choices along with Buffalo. San Jose seems good.

Guest Crymson

We didn't have anybody of Setoguchi's ilk to trade. He's a good offensive player on a very reasonable contract.

Guest CaliWingsNut

Minnesota fans went nuts on the trade news, they obviously approve.

We didn't have anybody of Setoguchi's ilk to trade. He's a good offensive player on a very reasonable contract.

I think we still could have figured something out.

Burns would have been great for us. <_<

burns to sharks

Blockbuster: SJS trades Setoguchi, Charlie Coyle and 1st pick (No. 28) to MIN for Brent Burns and a 2nd rd pick. #tsn

Woow, big move. Top 4 D-man for SJ, top 6 forward for Minnesota. Good move. I have no idea who Charlie Coyle is.

Guest Crymson

I think we still could have figured something out.

Burns would have been great for us. <_<

Such as?

Also, bear in mind that SJ just traded Setoguchi for a player who will be a UFA in a year and a week.

Woow, big move. Top 4 D-man for SJ, top 6 forward for Minnesota. Good move. I have no idea who Charlie Coyle is.

San Jose's first round pick last year (28th). Basically Setoguchi and 2 late first round picks for Burns and a 2nd round pick (most likely early 2nd round)

Such as?

Also, bear in mind that SJ just traded Setoguchi for a player who will be a UFA in a year and a week.

Yeah, I don't know who we're sending to Minnesota in a similar package. Clearly, the Wings have other plans for pursuing defensemen.

Gooch isn't much, if any, better than Flip. More of a goal scorer, so probably a better fit. Don't know much about Coyle, but he better be good or that's a weak trade for Minnesota.

Such as?

Maybe I just wouldn't trade Burns for a player of Setoguchi's ilk. You know diving and all. He's a second-liner at best.

IMO, Minnesota should have tried for Ryane Clowe instead of Setoguchi. Better character and overall impact.

If I was Kenny I would offer:

Hudler................<Setoguchi

Smith.................>=Charlie Coyle

Our 1st...............>SJ first

You'll probably argue Hudler has much lower trade value than Setoguchi, which is true. But, I think overall, it's not an insulting offer relatively.

And I think Filppula's better than Setoguchi. But, I wouldn't swap him for Hudler.

Edited by Nevermind

Guest Crymson

I don't know, maybe Franzen. Bear in mind, we'd have a year and a week to re-sign him.

Maybe Franzen, eh? Well, I'm not so sure that trading away our single pure goal-scorer would be such a brilliant idea. San Jose has Pavelski, Heatley and Couture.

If you think that having a year to re-sign someone makes it an absolute certainty that he'll re-sign, then I don't think you've seen the dozens of times when said theory hasn't played out.

Maybe I just wouldn't trade Burns for a player of Setoguchi's ilk. You know diving and all. He's a second-liner at best.

IMO, Minnesota should have tried for Ryane Clowe instead of Setoguchi. Better character and overall impact.

You'll probably argue Hudler has much lower trade value than Setoguchi, which is true. But, I think overall, it's not an insulting offer relatively.

And I think Filppula's better than Setoguchi. But, I wouldn't swap him for Hudler.

Smith is untested, and San Jose was looking for a scorer. Hudler is unreliable, and he had a terrible season. He's not attractive trade bait.

Our 1st is not much better than SJ's.

Smith is untested, and San Jose was looking for a scorer. Hudler is unreliable, and he had a terrible season. He's not attractive trade bait.

Our 1st is not much better than SJ's.

Coyle is much more untested. And probably not as good a prospect as Smith.

If they're set on trading for a scorer though, then you're right. We have nothing to trade.

I just think Minnesota could have gotten a better deal elsewhere. At least a deal with a better centerpiece coming back than Setoguchi.

Minny, especially after drafting Brodin, wasn't looking for a defenseman. Again, I don't know much about Coyle, but I'd say a comparable offer would be something like Flip, Nyquist, and our 1st.

Maybe Franzen, eh? Well, I'm not so sure that trading away our single pure goal-scorer would be such a brilliant idea. San Jose has Pavelski, Heatley and Couture.

If you think that having a year to re-sign someone makes it an absolute certainty that he'll re-sign, then I don't think you've seen the dozens of times when said theory hasn't played out.

I'd rather have to replace 1 goal scorer through free agency than have to sign and/or trade for 2-3 stud defensemen over the next couple years.

Dozens of times? Maybe in the 80's. Seriously, when was the last time Detroit wasn't able to re-sign a free agent that they REALLY wanted to? Fedorov? Shanahan?

I'm not saying it would be a sure thing, but it's not like we're Columbus over here.

Edited by Bannedforlife