10 replies to this topic

#1 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 05:27 PM

Take it for what it is worth.

Unless it is for nothing, or includes a bigger trade I don't really like it.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#2 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 05:30 PM

Flyers are gonna keep Boucher over Bobrovsky? The idea of that alone is surprising to me. Rumor or not.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#3 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,536 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 05:36 PM

is he that much better than any "prospect" goaltender that we already have? Larsson or McCollum? I admit, I don't know much about him and only figured out he was a goalie when Travis mentioned Boucher...

Blah,Blah,Blah....Trade Pav...Blah, Blah...Trade Z...Yadda, Yadda, Blah...

#4 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 05:36 PM

isn't this one of the bums from hockeybuzz?
You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#5 CaliWingsNut

CaliWingsNut

PeeWee Bettman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 05:39 PM

3 way trade?? Stamkos to Philly, Bob to detroit.... What to Tampa?

Edit: just going off the tsn rumor that Philly has an offer to Tampa for Stamkos.

Edited by CaliWingsNut, 24 June 2011 - 05:40 PM.

Figures don't lie, but liars sure figure. - Mark Twain

#6 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,538 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 05:50 PM

is he that much better than any "prospect" goaltender that we already have? Larsson or McCollum? I admit, I don't know much about him and only figured out he was a goalie when Travis mentioned Boucher...

Hm?

He was perhaps the best rookie goalie in the league and Flyers' number one goalie during the regular season. I would say he's better than McCollum and Larsson.

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic |
| Tom Waits - Get Behind the Mule | | Mikael Samuelsson Forever | | Mike Grier? |

#7 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 05:54 PM

Hm?

He was perhaps the best rookie goalie in the league and Flyers' number one goalie during the regular season. I would say he's better than McCollum and Larsson.

That hasn't been a really good indicator of quality. A good rookie might just be a good one year wonder.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#8 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,585 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 06:57 PM

Why wouldn't the Flyers keep Bobrovsky for a few years and let him develop under fellow Russian Bryzgalov's wing and up his value for a future trade?

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#9 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,256 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 07:04 PM

Why wouldn't the Flyers keep Bobrovsky for a few years and let him develop under fellow Russian Bryzgalov's wing and up his value for a future trade?

I don't even know why this thread is posted in this section...

If we think about this logically, the in the last 15+ years the Wings have always went out and signed a goalie a little more seasoned and experienced...
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#10 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 07:10 PM

3 way trade?? Stamkos to Philly, Bob to detroit.... What to Tampa?

Edit: just going off the tsn rumor that Philly has an offer to Tampa for Stamkos.

Yea, trading one of the league's best goalscorers would be a great move for Yzerman.

#11 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,256 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 07:14 PM

Yea, trading one of the league's best goalscorers would be a great move for Yzerman.

Stevie doesn't know what he is doing, I mean Tampa only got to the ECF within the first year of him taking charge.

Might as well try another approach :lol:

You know the philosophy, Stanley Cup or Bust...

Edited by Rivalred, 24 June 2011 - 07:15 PM.

D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1