• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Majsheppard

2011 NHL Draft: Round 1 Discussion

Rate this topic

Alexander Khokhlachev should be around for the Wings tomorrow morning. :thumbup: Hockey News has this guy ranked at #13!

Yippie ******* doo....

This is supposed to be the best off season the Wings have had in a long LONG time and Holland has done nothing so far... Oooo, I am gonna make some trades on draft day, Oooo we are gonna make some deals... Strike one Holland....Strike One.... tomorrow is another swing at bat....July 1st is your last swing.... Do not strike out.... yet again.

Very disappointed thus far with Holland...

Final pick of the first round Ducks select Rickard Rakell RW

Well, that does it for the first round. I am sure everyone is upset. I am not upset, but it feels rather empty. The Wings sure don't seem to be aggressive enough for my liking, but July 1st is a good place to start doing that.

Yippie ******* doo....

This is supposed to be the best off season the Wings have had in a long LONG time and Holland has done nothing so far... Oooo, I am gonna make some trades on draft day, Oooo we are gonna make some deals... Strike one Holland....Strike One.... tomorrow is another swing at bat....July 1st is your last swing.... Do not strike out.... yet again.

Jesus Christ it's not even July 1st and you're saying you're disappointed with Holland because he traded one ******* pick away? Get a grip, dude.

And what the f*** are you going to do with Holland gets THREE STRIKES! lol

Edited by Z and D for the C

Apologize for what? Anyone in the top 3 rounds are drafted to play in the NHL. If they can't cut it in the NHL then they are bad picks.

No need to apologize. I am with you on this, Holland ALWAYS talks a big game, but never comes through. San Jose knew what was needed and they weren't afraid to trade s huge part of their offense for Burns. I would have traded Franzen for Burns...

Yippie ******* doo....

Man you're a broken record. Chill out. There's a reason Kenny is regarded as one of the best GMs in the league.

Jesus Christ it's not even July 1st and you're saying you're disappointed with Holland because he traded one ******* pick away? Get a grip, dude.

And what the f*** are you going to do with Holland gets THREE STRIKES! lol

if you read the post before you just hit neg, I said disappointed THUS FAR... He says he needs to replace Rafalski, yet when a great player is available, he balks. Holland could've offered more than the Sharks did for Burns but for some reason he won't budge on his "core." That is why most teams get better every year and the Wings don't. I am ready for July 1st, but THUS FAR, Holland spewed a bunch of crap about making deals on draft day only to trade down so he can draft Haken Pupen and Bojrn Swappin Nutt in the second round... I am THUS FAR disappointed, he stood in the batters box today and watched the ball go by...strike one. Strike three and I will go back to hating him and once again knowing that he is NOT the best GM in the NHL. Today, Brian Burke, BRAIN ******* BURKE FOR f***'S SAKE slapped Holland around like a *****...

Smart trade by Holland. None of the decent defenders were going to be left at his pick so he traded for two second round picks which the Wings seem to do very well with. I fully expect a couple of our second rounders to be involved in some sort of trade to land a DMan.

Holland = :clap: :clap: :clap:

Edited by Konnan511

No need to apologize. I am with you on this, Holland ALWAYS talks a big game, but never comes through. San Jose knew what was needed and they weren't afraid to trade s huge part of their offense for Burns. I would have traded Franzen for Burns...

Look how many times he holds on to extra cap money throughout the season and claims that they wanna have some room to make moves at the trade deadline. And the trade deadline comes and goes and they do nothing but make excuses blah blah injuries. MOVE SOME F'ING PLAYERS AND MAKE ROOM! He's a hoarder and he believes everything he has is too valuable to move. It's like he's taking lessons from Joe Dumars who does the same crap every year as well.

if you read the post before you just hit neg, I said disappointed THUS FAR... He says he needs to replace Rafalski, yet when a great player is available, he balks. Holland could've offered more than the Sharks did for Burns but for some reason he won't budge on his "core." That is why most teams get better every year and the Wings don't. I am ready for July 1st, but THUS FAR, Holland spewed a bunch of crap about making deals on draft day only to trade down so he can draft Haken Pupen and Bojrn Swappin Nutt in the second round... I am THUS FAR disappointed, he stood in the batters box today and watched the ball go by...strike one. Strike three and I will go back to hating him and once again knowing that he is NOT the best GM in the NHL. Today, Brian Burke, BRAIN ******* BURKE FOR f***'S SAKE slapped Holland around like a *****...

Did you see what the Sharks paid for Burns? And you want Holland to overpay that? This isn't NHL 11, you don't just make trades to make trades, you need to be smart about it. MIN walked away the clear winners of that Burns trade big time.

Today, Brian Burke, BRAIN ******* BURKE FOR f***'S SAKE slapped Holland around like a *****...

Have to temper that.

Maybe so, but that is because he was terrible since he got to Toronto and had a bunch of Draft picks from trades. He also left many better picks on the table because he made awful trades.

Factor in his mistakes and this draft doesn't look so great. Oh and he STILL does not have a number one center. We STILL don't have a number two d man, but if we don't get one Kronner moves up, if he doesn't get the Center no one moves up. Really, Bruke still sucks by comparison.

What a bunch of pampered babies in this thread. :rolleyes:

I like how Holland has been voted the best GM of the last decade (and more), but he can do no right by alot on here.

Good for him, but this is a yearly results oriented business and you are judged by what you do in the NOW. Not what you did in 2002 or 2008. It's 2011, you've been eliminated from the playoffs two years in a row by the same team. What are you doing NOW to get better for NOW and Tomorrow? What are you doing to get better than that team WHo knocked you out of the playoffs two years in a row. Oh Look they're making moves to get even better. Why aren't you?

Today, Brian Burke, BRAIN ******* BURKE FOR f***'S SAKE slapped Holland around like a *****...

Because he acquired John Michael Liles? It's not a contest to see who can bring in the most new faces.

Look how many times he holds on to extra cap money throughout the season and claims that they wanna have some room to make moves at the trade deadline. And the trade deadline comes and goes and they do nothing but make excuses blah blah injuries. MOVE SOME F'ING PLAYERS AND MAKE ROOM! He's a hoarder and he believes everything he has is too valuable to move. It's like he's taking lessons from Joe Dumars who does the same crap every year as well.

I agree....what San Jose gave up for Burns, Holland could've bested with Franzen. But no, we'll keep china doll Franzen...maybe Holland did try to offer Franzen, but Minnesota doesn't want a china doll...

You guys can ***** all you want about us complaining about Holland today, but with the GAPING holes in D we've had and lost with Rafalski, it seems like every team out there were making deals to make their clubs better and Holland just sat on his hands...again. FYI, Holland is not the best GM in the league. Maybe the best at managing money and circumventing the Cap, but he is not the best in player personnel...

Honestly, I am not giving Holland credit or damning him. It just seems not taking a player in the first round doesn't matter as much right now as we all figure.

Really, if any player we could have drafted would contribute to this year I would be blown away.

I don't like missing out on trades, but no one said we could get Burns, or that Burns would ever be consistent. I can't say what will happen, but I just don't get all the hate flying around. Not a great day for the Wings by any means, but not a horrible day.

Remember, the draft is dependent on how good you have been doing, and we have been doing pretty good.

I also want to say that we should wait and see what happens down the road.

:lol:

Honestly, I am not giving Holland credit or damning him. It just seems not taking a player in the first round doesn't matter as much right now as we all figure.

Really, if any player we could have drafted would contribute to this year I would be blown away.

I don't like missing out on trades, but no one said we could get Burns, or that Burns would ever be consistent. I can't say what will happen, but I just don't get all the hate flying around. Not a great day for the Wings by any means, but not a horrible day.

Remember, the draft is dependent on how good you have been doing, and we have been doing pretty good.

I also want to say that we should wait and see what happens down the road.

We will see what happens down the road and I hope to all hope he does a bit more on July 1st than he did today...

:lol:

They are all-stars in the Fetish Elite League!

So you're disappointed in him thus far because he's not doing what YOU want him to do? You don't even know what goes on behind the scenes.

kenny wanted biggs but as soon as burke traded for that pick kenny knew he was taking him. then kenny got on the phone immediately and traded the pick away for the two 2nd rounders. thats my theory anyways.

Here's my theory, Holland knows all the smallish undersized soft non-physical players they are targeting will still be there in the 2nd round.

Good for him, but this is a yearly results oriented business and you are judged by what you do in the NOW. Not what you did in 2002 or 2008. It's 2011, you've been eliminated from the playoffs two years in a row by the same team. What are you doing NOW to get better for NOW and Tomorrow? What are you doing to get better than that team WHo knocked you out of the playoffs two years in a row. Oh Look they're making moves to get even better. Why aren't you?

I'm not part of the organization to make any moves so I couldn't tell you, sorry.

do not want rocco grimaldi at all!!!! anyone see his interview on tsn? they were talking about how he is all religious and rocco said something about guys on the team who do things that are "wrong" the quickly corrected himself by saying guys who do things he "doesn't agree with" in regards to drinking alcohol and such.... sounds like he would be a cancer in the locker room.