• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Majsheppard

2011 NHL Draft: Round 1 Discussion

Rate this topic

do not want rocco grimaldi at all!!!! anyone see his interview on tsn? they were talking about how he is all religious and rocco said something about guys on the team who do things that are "wrong" the quickly corrected himself by saying guys who do things he "doesn't agree with" in regards to drinking alcohol and such.... sounds like he would be a cancer in the locker room.

Keep him far, FAR away from the Wings... I want nothing to do with that little turd

do not want rocco grimaldi at all!!!! anyone see his interview on tsn? they were talking about how he is all religious and rocco said something about guys on the team who do things that are "wrong" the quickly corrected himself by saying guys who do things he "doesn't agree with" in regards to drinking alcohol and such.... sounds like he would be a cancer in the locker room.

Or it sounds like he's a player you won't have to worry about getting a DUI. Some religious folks wear it on their sleeve and some don't. But on this side of the world North/Central/South America the majority of athletes are religious. And if you can't tolerate that well maybe you should follow athletes and teams from different parts of the world.

Or it sounds like he's a player you won't have to worry about getting a DUI. Some religious folks wear it on their sleeve and some don't. But on this side of the world North/Central/South America the majority of athletes are religious. And if you can't tolerate that well maybe you should follow athletes and teams from different parts of the world.

Agreed. The only problem I see with this line of reasoning, there can be some who refuse to let sleeping dogs lie.

He could be a problem if he is in everyone face about religion non-stop. I doubt that would fly in a locker room on any team though. If a Lidstrom tells you to tone that down, you don't think it would?

If teams were smart, he'd go undrafted... you don't need that kind of negative energy in a room... especially for a hobbit...

Edited by stevkrause

Here's my theory, Holland knows all the smallish undersized soft non-physical players they are targeting will still be there in the 2nd round.

You should whine some more about how little Holland has done in a week.

It's June ******* 24th. Free agency hasn't even kicked up, and you and Left are going nuts on how Holland is being passive.

You guys are going to look like morons if/when the guy makes some serious moves this offseason. Take a chill pill.

It's June ******* 24th. Free agency hasn't even kicked up, and you and Left are going nuts on how Holland is being passive.

You guys are going to look like morons if/when the guy makes some serious moves this offseason. Take a chill pill.

NO!!! WE HAVE TO ACT NOW!!!

Agreed. The only problem I see with this line of reasoning, there can be some who refuse to let sleeping dogs lie.

He could be a problem if he is in everyone face about religion non-stop. I doubt that would fly in a locker room on any team though. If a Lidstrom tells you to tone that down, you don't think it would?

I don't really know the kid or what he says or does in a locker room setting. If he backs up his talk with his play maybe he could inspire a team and carry them like a Tim Tebow. I'm not saying I want the Wings to take him, but if Rafalski fit in the locker room why couldn't he?

Edited by Johnny Diamonds

if you read the post before you just hit neg, I said disappointed THUS FAR... He says he needs to replace Rafalski, yet when a great player is available, he balks. Holland could've offered more than the Sharks did for Burns but for some reason he won't budge on his "core." That is why most teams get better every year and the Wings don't. I am ready for July 1st, but THUS FAR, Holland spewed a bunch of crap about making deals on draft day only to trade down so he can draft Haken Pupen and Bojrn Swappin Nutt in the second round... I am THUS FAR disappointed, he stood in the batters box today and watched the ball go by...strike one. Strike three and I will go back to hating him and once again knowing that he is NOT the best GM in the NHL. Today, Brian Burke, BRAIN ******* BURKE FOR f***'S SAKE slapped Holland around like a *****...

This is the dumbest thing I've wasted 10 seconds of my life on reading. Teams are getting better??? The Wings have the longest active playoff appearance streak in the last 20 yrs and 4 cups to go with it. What do the teams that are getting better have to show??? Maybe a conference finals appearance or two??? Your comment was an epic fail.

Or...Or the draft ends. A good chunk of the UFAs in what is a very weak Free Agency class get re-signed. The players left in Free Agency that Holland targets get offered too much money or "term" for Holland's taste. So then Holland resorts to "we'll wait until August when the market settles down." This board goes crazy everyday until that time. "WHY ISN'T KENNY DOING ANYTHING?" threads everywhere. Then Holland's big move IN AUSGUST ends up being the signing of Ed freaking Jovanovski for 2 or 3 years and then nobody is happy. We all lose.

Right, because everyone thought Rafalski was a "cancer in the locker room", too. Those stupid religious hockey players!!!

You do know Rafalski is one of the biggest religious people around right? And there's nothing wrong with being nervous and stumbling over your words trying to find the right words to say. I didn't see anything wrong with what he said and I'm not religious at all. He wouldn't be a lockerroom cancr and he already said he doesn't judge people. Get over it, the kid is a great hockey player and I'd welcome him on the Wings regardless of his faith.

...and we are still stuck with Hudler...

everyone seems to be getting better and making deals and the only thing we have to show for it is two second rounds picks that whoever they are, aren't gonna see the city of Detroit for at least 5 years... Come ON Holland! Damn it don't sit on your ******* hands again! You talk a big game all the way up until it's time to pull the trigger and then...nothing... Hudler and our first could have gotten us somebody to improve our team!

Don't worry our savior Jagr will come to us. :shifty:

Oh really? :rolleyes:

Considering that Pavel keeps pictures of Jesus, Mary and St Nicholas (the Russian saint, not the Captain of the Wings) in his locker, I think a religious person would be in good company.

I honestly have to question some people's perception of others and how quickly we jump to conclusions. It's insulting to the majority of Christians I know, including myself.

Honestly, I can't remember his exact words, but it was something to the effect of living his own life by what he feels is right and not what others think.

So he doesn't cave in to negative pressure. Not a bad thing for a kid.

Edited by 55fan

Or possibly, the fact that all we have going on in the draft thread is a silly argument on religion is a symptom of the fact that the Sharks got a legitimate defenseman out of their first round pick, and the Wings got absolutely nothing. Not that I think it was anything less than a sharp move full of strategery.

Guest CaliWingsNut

Considering that Pavel keeps pictures of Jesus, Mary and St Nicholas (the Russian saint, not the Captain of the Wings) in his locker, I think a religious person would be in good company.

I honestly have to question some people's perception of others and how quickly we jump to conclusions. It's insulting to the majority of Christians I know, including myself.

Honestly, I can't remember his exact words, but it was something to the effect of living his own life by what he feels is right and not what others think.

So he doesn't cave in to negative pressure. Not a bad thing for a kid.

That or he's narrow sighted and not open to other perspectives. Which could be a very bad thing.