• Please log in to reply
276 replies to this topic

#221 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,578 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 10:33 PM

if you read the post before you just hit neg, I said disappointed THUS FAR... He says he needs to replace Rafalski, yet when a great player is available, he balks. Holland could've offered more than the Sharks did for Burns but for some reason he won't budge on his "core." That is why most teams get better every year and the Wings don't. I am ready for July 1st, but THUS FAR, Holland spewed a bunch of crap about making deals on draft day only to trade down so he can draft Haken Pupen and Bojrn Swappin Nutt in the second round... I am THUS FAR disappointed, he stood in the batters box today and watched the ball go by...strike one. Strike three and I will go back to hating him and once again knowing that he is NOT the best GM in the NHL. Today, Brian Burke, BRAINf****** BURKE FOR f***'S SAKE slapped Holland around like a *****...

So you're disappointed in him thus far because he's not doing what YOU want him to do? You don't even know what goes on behind the scenes.

#222 Johnny Diamonds

Johnny Diamonds

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 10:35 PM

kenny wanted biggs but as soon as burke traded for that pick kenny knew he was taking him. then kenny got on the phone immediately and traded the pick away for the two 2nd rounders. thats my theory anyways.

Here's my theory, Holland knows all the smallish undersized soft non-physical players they are targeting will still be there in the 2nd round.

#223 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,811 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 10:37 PM

Here's my theory, Holland knows all the smallish undersized soft non-physical players they are targeting will still be there in the 2nd round.

FTW!

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#224 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,578 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 10:42 PM

Good for him, but this is a yearly results oriented business and you are judged by what you do in the NOW. Not what you did in 2002 or 2008. It's 2011, you've been eliminated from the playoffs two years in a row by the same team. What are you doing NOW to get better for NOW and Tomorrow? What are you doing to get better than that team WHo knocked you out of the playoffs two years in a row. Oh Look they're making moves to get even better. Why aren't you?

I'm not part of the organization to make any moves so I couldn't tell you, sorry.

#225 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 10:44 PM

do not want rocco grimaldi at all!!!! anyone see his interview on tsn? they were talking about how he is all religious and rocco said something about guys on the team who do things that are "wrong" the quickly corrected himself by saying guys who do things he "doesn't agree with" in regards to drinking alcohol and such.... sounds like he would be a cancer in the locker room.
You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#226 Datsyerberger

Datsyerberger

"Dat's yer burger, Hank."

• HoF Booster
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 10:46 PM

It's 2011, you've been eliminated from the playoffs two years in a row by the same team. What are you doing NOW to get better for NOW and Tomorrow?

Beat them in the 1st round next year and proceed to the SCF?
If some bored artist wants to make me a signature, feel free to cut loose and do so.

Of course, I could get off my lame rear and do something.

#227 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 10:47 PM

do not want rocco grimaldi at all!!!! anyone see his interview on tsn? they were talking about how he is all religious and rocco said something about guys on the team who do things that are "wrong" the quickly corrected himself by saying guys who do things he "doesn't agree with" in regards to drinking alcohol and such.... sounds like he would be a cancer in the locker room.

Keep him far, FAR away from the Wings... I want nothing to do with that little turd

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#228 Johnny Diamonds

Johnny Diamonds

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 10:52 PM

Or it sounds like he's a player you won't have to worry about getting a DUI. Some religious folks wear it on their sleeve and some don't. But on this side of the world North/Central/South America the majority of athletes are religious. And if you can't tolerate that well maybe you should follow athletes and teams from different parts of the world.

#229 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 10:55 PM

Or it sounds like he's a player you won't have to worry about getting a DUI. Some religious folks wear it on their sleeve and some don't. But on this side of the world North/Central/South America the majority of athletes are religious. And if you can't tolerate that well maybe you should follow athletes and teams from different parts of the world.

Agreed. The only problem I see with this line of reasoning, there can be some who refuse to let sleeping dogs lie.

He could be a problem if he is in everyone face about religion non-stop. I doubt that would fly in a locker room on any team though. If a Lidstrom tells you to tone that down, you don't think it would?
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#230 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 10:56 PM

If teams were smart, he'd go undrafted... you don't need that kind of negative energy in a room... especially for a hobbit...

Edited by stevkrause, 24 June 2011 - 10:57 PM.

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#231 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 10:56 PM

You should whine some more about how little Holland has done in a week.

It's Junef****** 24th. Free agency hasn't even kicked up, and you and Left are going nuts on how Holland is being passive.

You guys are going to look like morons if/when the guy makes some serious moves this offseason. Take a chill pill.

Posted Image

#232 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,578 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 10:58 PM

It's Junef****** 24th. Free agency hasn't even kicked up, and you and Left are going nuts on how Holland is being passive.

You guys are going to look like morons if/when the guy makes some serious moves this offseason. Take a chill pill.

NO!!! WE HAVE TO ACT NOW!!!

#233 Johnny Diamonds

Johnny Diamonds

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 11:03 PM

Agreed. The only problem I see with this line of reasoning, there can be some who refuse to let sleeping dogs lie.

He could be a problem if he is in everyone face about religion non-stop. I doubt that would fly in a locker room on any team though. If a Lidstrom tells you to tone that down, you don't think it would?

I don't really know the kid or what he says or does in a locker room setting. If he backs up his talk with his play maybe he could inspire a team and carry them like a Tim Tebow. I'm not saying I want the Wings to take him, but if Rafalski fit in the locker room why couldn't he?

Edited by Johnny Diamonds, 24 June 2011 - 11:04 PM.

#234 USAFWingedWheel

USAFWingedWheel

I drink beer, I start $hit.....

• Gold Booster
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 11:05 PM

if you read the post before you just hit neg, I said disappointed THUS FAR... He says he needs to replace Rafalski, yet when a great player is available, he balks. Holland could've offered more than the Sharks did for Burns but for some reason he won't budge on his "core." That is why most teams get better every year and the Wings don't. I am ready for July 1st, but THUS FAR, Holland spewed a bunch of crap about making deals on draft day only to trade down so he can draft Haken Pupen and Bojrn Swappin Nutt in the second round... I am THUS FAR disappointed, he stood in the batters box today and watched the ball go by...strike one. Strike three and I will go back to hating him and once again knowing that he is NOT the best GM in the NHL. Today, Brian Burke, BRAINf****** BURKE FOR f***'S SAKE slapped Holland around like a *****...

This is the dumbest thing I've wasted 10 seconds of my life on reading. Teams are getting better??? The Wings have the longest active playoff appearance streak in the last 20 yrs and 4 cups to go with it. What do the teams that are getting better have to show??? Maybe a conference finals appearance or two??? Your comment was an epic fail.

#235 Johnny Diamonds

Johnny Diamonds

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 11:14 PM

Or...Or the draft ends. A good chunk of the UFAs in what is a very weak Free Agency class get re-signed. The players left in Free Agency that Holland targets get offered too much money or "term" for Holland's taste. So then Holland resorts to "we'll wait until August when the market settles down." This board goes crazy everyday until that time. "WHY ISN'T KENNY DOING ANYTHING?" threads everywhere. Then Holland's big move IN AUSGUST ends up being the signing of Ed freaking Jovanovski for 2 or 3 years and then nobody is happy. We all lose.

#236 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 11:15 PM

Stoked that we've got 3 picks in the second round, that is awesome. Hopefully we can land some gems.

What I am annoyed about is the fact San Jose have got Burns. :angry:

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#237 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,947 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 11:23 PM

If Holland doesn't obtain a big North American boy who fights, I'll riot worse than Vancouver.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#238 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 11:30 PM

If Holland doesn't obtain a big North American boy who fights, I'll riot worse than Vancouver.

What about a 6'3+ 220+ Euro with severe Daddy issues?

#239 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,947 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 11:33 PM

What about a 6'3+ 220+ Euro with severe Daddy issues?

:unsure:

Jagr?

Edited by GMRwings1983, 24 June 2011 - 11:33 PM.

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#240 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,593 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 11:46 PM

Right, because everyone thought Rafalski was a "cancer in the locker room", too. Those stupid religious hockey players!!!