Dougie Hamilton to Boston

#22 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 07:30 PM

Ninth Pick Boston selects Doug Hamilton D

Boston gets stronger that is for sure. Hamilton MIGHT go to an Ivy league school to play though...

Reminder, I will handle the draft updates. Feel free to discuss!!!

Edited by Majsheppard, 24 June 2011 - 07:30 PM.

"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#23 Johnny Diamonds

Johnny Diamonds

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 07:34 PM

Watching the Tigers I forgot all about the draft. Just pulled up a stream and tracker. So what the heck is going on? Why did 3 teams pass on a defensemen billed to be the next Nick Lidstrom? Are they stupid or insane. Especially a sh!t organization like Florida.

#24 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 07:35 PM

Tenth Pick Wild select Jonas Brodin D

DAMN IT!!! That was the safest pick for us... We now have some interesting options available. My pick for the Wings is still available.

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#25 Johnny Diamonds

Johnny Diamonds

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 07:36 PM

Tenth Pick Wild select Jonas Brodin D

DAMN IT!!! That was the safest pick for us... We now have some interesting options available. My pick for the Wings is still available.

We got a long way to go before 24. So who do you want/like the Wings to take?

#26 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,578 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 07:38 PM

Duncan Siemens to Colorado

#27 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 07:40 PM

Eleventh Pick Avs select Duncan Siemens D

We got a long way to go before 24. So who do you want/like the Wings to take?

Jaime Oleksiak D would be my first choice.

#28 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 07:46 PM

Twelfth Pick Canes select Ryan Murphy D

Carolina shows great patience letting someone who might have gone 4th overall fall to them.

#29 Johnny Diamonds

Johnny Diamonds

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 07:47 PM

Eleventh Pick Avs select Duncan Siemens D

Jaime Oleksiak D would be my first choice.

At 6'7 that's a big boy. Talent Analysis

Oleksiak is a defenseman that possesses a really nice blend of size, physicality and outstanding puck skills. While much has been said of his size and physical side, what is most impressive about Oleksiak is his superb agility and athleticism. He moves remarkably well for such a big man, skating with long, fluid strides. He also maintains very good balance on his skates as well.

Sounds interesting. Have you seen him play?

#30 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,936 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 07:50 PM

I was thinking he's kind of small, but there's more to life than size.

#31 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 07:51 PM

Thirteenth Pick Flames select Sven Bartschi LW

#32 Johnny Diamonds

Johnny Diamonds

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 07:51 PM

I was thinking he's kind of small, but there's more to life than size.

Well compared to Chara all defensemen are small.

#33 Off the Post

Off the Post

Rookie

• Pip
  • 136 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 07:53 PM

Who do you want wings to pickup?

#34 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 07:58 PM

At 6'7 that's a big boy. Talent Analysis

Oleksiak is a defenseman that possesses a really nice blend of size, physicality and outstanding puck skills. While much has been said of his size and physical side, what is most impressive about Oleksiak is his superb agility and athleticism. He moves remarkably well for such a big man, skating with long, fluid strides. He also maintains very good balance on his skates as well.

Sounds interesting. Have you seen him play?

Yes, I have seen him play.

He really has a knack for moving inside out and can go to the corner and come back to clear the front of the net. He struggles more high up in the Zone, and I seen him make the mistake of going for the puck when he should back off. He isn't a Myers or a Chara, he is something else-- something good. I don't know if he will be there, but he is a project that has size. Something the Wings want more of, and has better brains than your Joe Morrows. He would be a top three dman.

#35 Johnny Diamonds

Johnny Diamonds

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 07:58 PM

I don't follow jr. hockey so I really have no idea about any of these kids apart from what I am told. I watch a bit of NCAA hockey(mainly Michigan) so I might recognize a name or two in a draft. But I'd like to see the Wings pick-up another big/skilled forward like they did last year with Shehan,

#36 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 07:59 PM

Downside he will be in college for a while, I think the Wings might not like that...

#37 OakWing

OakWing

Jr. Prospect

• 19 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 08:00 PM

In no particular order:
Namestnikov, Biggs, Saad, Oleksiak

#38 Off the Post

Off the Post

Rookie

• Pip
  • 136 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 08:00 PM

If Tomas Jurcko is still up there , better grab him!

#39 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 08:01 PM

Fourteenth Pick Stars select Jaime Oleksiak D

This is why I hate to say things out loud... the universe can smite me quite often.

#40 Johnny Diamonds

Johnny Diamonds

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 08:01 PM

they're talking about your boy right now.