• Please log in to reply
276 replies to this topic

#41 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 08:02 PM

Now I say the hell with it and take Rocco.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#42 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,922 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 08:04 PM

Well compared to Chara all defensemen are small.

This Oleksiak kid is a bit closer, wouldn't you say?

#43 Johnny Diamonds

Johnny Diamonds

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 08:05 PM

Fourteenth Pick Stars select Jaime Oleksiak D

This is why I hate to say things out loud... the universe can smite me quite often.

Alright, how about this, roll off your next best 5 regardless of position you'd like to see the Wings take? Surely one of them will drop to 24.

#44 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 08:06 PM

Reminder I will post the picks.

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#45 Johnny Diamonds

Johnny Diamonds

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts

This Oleksiak kid is a bit closer, wouldn't you say?

I think Chara has 3 inches on him. But that kid could still grow.

#46 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

lol eklund is saying malkin to toronto

i suggest you follow him on twitter, quite entertaining.
You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#47 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 08:07 PM

I think Conner Murphy D is someone we might look at.

#48 Off the Post

Off the Post

Rookie

• Pip
  • 136 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 08:07 PM

redwingfan19 - link me to his twitter lmao

#49 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 08:08 PM

http://twitter.com/#!/Eklund
You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#50 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 08:12 PM

Fifteenth Pick Rangers select J.T. Miller C

Alright, how about this, roll off your next best 5 regardless of position you'd like to see the Wings take? Surely one of them will drop to 24.

Or they will all be taken in a row! haha.

Seriously, I know it wouldn't be popular but Rocco Grimaldi would be a solid pick. Small but amazing. It would be like stealing a top 4 pick in terms of talent. Sounds like a Ken Holland move. The Defense is getting thinned out, all the major Dmen left have big question marks. I like Conner Murphy there, as he is our type of guy and has good size, biggest fault is he was seriously injured. I can forgive that.

#51 Johnny Diamonds

Johnny Diamonds

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 08:13 PM

lol eklund is saying malkin to toronto

i suggest you follow him on twitter, quite entertaining.

Posted Image

#52 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 08:14 PM

Sixteenth Pick Sabres select Joel Armira RW

#53 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 08:25 PM

Some spot on picks tonight.

Brouwer to chicago for the 26th pick.

Error I mean Brouwer to Washington

Seventeenth Pick Habs select Nathan Beaulieu D

Predictable, they always prefer the French Canadians in MTL. Not a bad pick though.

Come on, why chant USA when someone speaks french... Classless.

#54 plopster

plopster

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 08:27 PM

Personally I was quite offended that he would speak in another language in the States. Why is that necessary?
mccarty3

#55 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 08:28 PM

Wings are in the queue now.

#56 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,922 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 08:30 PM

Personally I was quite offended that he would speak in another language in the States. Why is that necessary?

I could see it if he needed a translator, but his English was quite good.
I could also see it if he was speaking to French people. Maybe he was. I don't know what he said.

At any rate, they got what they wanted. He looks like a promising Dman, and being a Francophone is a bonus for them. Makes the folks at home happy.

#57 Kingston

Kingston

Rookie

• Pip
  • 126 posts

Guys, how about Tomas Jurco at 24 ;)

#58 10 Minute Misconduct

10 Minute Misconduct

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts

Damn, wanted Beaulieu to drop to the Wings.

Posted Image

#59 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 08:33 PM

I dunno, perhaps it is because it is HIS language. The language of his fanbase, his city, his providence. :rolleyes:

Guys, how about Tomas Jurco at 24 ;)

Jurco and Morrow were the most common picks by the boards here... They both are extremely inconsistent.

#60 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,077 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 08:33 PM

bye burns :(

Edited by drumshanbo, 24 June 2011 - 08:33 PM.

Posted Image