Sign in to follow this  
Majsheppard

2011 NHL Draft: Round 1 Discussion

Rate this topic

Some spot on picks tonight.

Brouwer to chicago for the 26th pick.

Error I mean Brouwer to Washington

Seventeenth Pick Habs select Nathan Beaulieu D

Predictable, they always prefer the French Canadians in MTL. Not a bad pick though.

Come on, why chant USA when someone speaks french... Classless.

Personally I was quite offended that he would speak in another language in the States. Why is that necessary?

I could see it if he needed a translator, but his English was quite good.

I could also see it if he was speaking to French people. Maybe he was. I don't know what he said.

At any rate, they got what they wanted. He looks like a promising Dman, and being a Francophone is a bonus for them. Makes the folks at home happy.

Personally I was quite offended that he would speak in another language in the States. Why is that necessary?

I dunno, perhaps it is because it is HIS language. The language of his fanbase, his city, his providence. :rolleyes:

Guys, how about Tomas Jurco at 24 ;)

Jurco and Morrow were the most common picks by the boards here... They both are extremely inconsistent.

You can't tell me the Wings couldn't have offered a better package than that. Holland just got schooled by another GM.

Don't know if I'd say "schooled" but he'd better have something good up his sleeve with LA, SJ and C-bus all getting better and taking chances and we're still standing around watching.