• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
crazy13

Habs shopping Wisniewksi's rights + for a 2nd rounder

Rate this topic

Why not just wait until July 1st?

Because this would soothe the people who are upset because we're not doing something NOW!!! Since NOW!!! seems to be a good time to move because the Wild, Leafs and Avs have done so tonight.

It's also a preventative measure, as the Canadiens are the ones who are looking to shop Wiz's rights for a 2nd rounder. If Montreal is going to expose him to the trade like that, then the Wings need to do what they can to make sure he ends up here. The asking price isn't steep, either.

Too much just for rights. Maybe throw Hudler in and get a little extra?

I can't think of anyone obtainable that I'd want from Montreal in place of Hudler.

I'm okay with the 2nd pick if this draft class is really as weak as people are saying. We already have 2 now that we traded down with Ottawa.

If true it only makes sense if Wisniewski agrees to a deal prior to July 1st. The Wings likely wouldn't want to miss out on him in a July 1st bidding war, where the price they would sign him at would be higher due to more suitors. Gut says that the Wings were interested in Burns but the price was too high and the move back in the draft tonight gives them the ammo to be proactive in getting "their man" prior to the 1st.

We'll see. Personally I don't think the Wings will miss out on Wisniewski if they want him, but they'll definitely pay more on July 1 than they would over the next week.

If true it only makes sense if Wisniewski agrees to a deal prior to July 1st.

I basically came back to say this. A 2nd isn't too high when you consider that. It's not just rights once they nail down a contract.

I basically came back to say this. A 2nd isn't too high when you consider that. It's not just rights once they nail down a contract.

Yep... Think the Timonen/Hartnell deals that Philadelphia did a few years ago. They would've done the Bryzgalov trade the same way if they didn't have to worry about NHL tagging rules and existing contracts.

Guest CaliWingsNut

@CapGeek

The signed D-men for #FLAPanthers -- Kulikov, Weaver, Ellerby and Garrison -- earn a combined $3.6875m, barely half of Campbell's cap hit.

I think hes saying

To Detroit:

Wiz's rights

Second round picl.

To Habs:

Hudler

We need 3? 4? 2nd round picks? for what in this draft?

Edited by CaliWingsNut

I think hes saying

To Detroit:

Wiz's rights

Second round picl.

To Habs:

Hudler

I know. I don't understand how giving up a player, in Hulder, for Wiz's rights and a 2nd rounder is better than giving up a 2nd rounder for rights.

I understand that Huds is unpopular with just about every one on this board - but there's no point in dumping him for rights when we can get those very same rights for a pick.

This is the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

If this were to happen, and I give it a 1% chance. I would demand Holland retires immediately.

Ugh, I wouldn't make that deal even if there was a contract in place.

Bottom line, he is from here. If the kid wants to play for the Wings he will have his chance to play for us. If he wants money more than that, would they ******* be able to convince him to sign before the UFA anyways? When you are talking about a UFA, unless that guy is going to be the most coveted player at the position why would you give up a second rounder?

This is the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

If this were to happen, and I give it a 1% chance. I would demand Holland retires immediately.

Even if it means potentially losing out on the one defenseman that it would seem the team has been focused on signing July 1?

Even if it means potentially losing out on the one defenseman that it would seem the team has been focused on signing July 1?

See my post, they won't.

Even if they did lose out on him, not worth a 2nd. We are the Wings. We can sign a UFA. Honestly if we missed out on him and had to go down and sign someone like Andy Greene or Montador. We could take that second pick and trade for someone better.

BRYZ WAS TRADED FOR A 3RD!!! That was a while ago, and included the number one goaltender, where there is only two quality UFA's.

Liles got traded for a second for crying out loud. Not the rights.