• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
crazy13

Habs shopping Wisniewksi's rights + for a 2nd rounder

Rate this topic

This is a what have you done for me lately world and Hudler hasnt done anything lately so thats why i think he would be the first to be traded. Also I could see Kenny trading for the rights for Wiz. If we were too trade his rights and then sign him, all of a sudden Big Rig has that much less leverage when it come to his contract.

Hudler has trade value. That is why I want to trade him. People who think you can't get anything for him are wrong.

Holland must have heard every bad deal offer in the world and a couple of good ones too and haven't found the right one yet. I would suspect at this point that he is with us unless we sign someone better.

Guest Heaten

I don't see Holland trading Hudler unless it's for an offer he can't refuse. Hudler, despite having a bad season, is a pretty damn good goal scorer. Last year was a fluke,and anyone with any hockey sense knows this.

As for Wishnewski, it's worrisome that the guy is moved around like a bad disease. Montreal fans are pretty much torn on whether they should re-singing him or not. He's been the whipping boy on every team he's played on. I don't see that reputation changing anytime soon. Especially at the cost it will take to get him.

He could fill a hole, but I am not too excited about him.

Edited by Heaten

I don't see Holland trading Hudler unless it's for an offer he can't refuse. Hudler, despite having a bad season, is a pretty damn good goal scorer. Last year was a fluke,and anyone with any hockey sense knows this.

As for Wishnewski, it's worrisome that the guy is moved around like a bad disease. Montreal fans are pretty much torn on whether they should re-singing him or not. He's been the whipping boy on every team he's played on. I don't see that reputation changing anytime soon. Especially at the cost it will take to get him.

He could fill a hole, but I am not too excited about him.

hes moved around alot yes, but if youve read any of the wiz threads from the past month its clear that he often landed in the wrong place at the wrong time and was often not traded because he was a "whipping boy". ive heard the exact opposite about montreal fans. ive heard many MTL fans saying theyd rather have markov walk and keep wisniewski. NYI and MTL fans were pretty thrilled with his performance this past year. im sorry but ive been following wisniewski since he was a 16 yr old in plymouth-canton michigan, and i have never heard him be described as a whipping boy. perhaps when he was with the hawks or ducks because he was so green, but i dont think so. even they were thrilled with his level of intensity and the caliber of his hits and fights. this year he finally started living up to his offensive potential and i think it would be un-wise to pass on him.

Guest Heaten

hes moved around alot yes, but if youve read any of the wiz threads from the past month its clear that he often landed in the wrong place at the wrong time and was often not traded because he was a "whipping boy". ive heard the exact opposite about montreal fans. ive heard many MTL fans saying theyd rather have markov walk and keep wisniewski. NYI and MTL fans were pretty thrilled with his performance this past year. im sorry but ive been following wisniewski since he was a 16 yr old in plymouth-canton michigan, and i have never heard him be described as a whipping boy. perhaps when he was with the hawks or ducks because he was so green, but i dont think so. even they were thrilled with his level of intensity and the caliber of his hits and fights. this year he finally started living up to his offensive potential and i think it would be un-wise to pass on him.

Oddly, most of the MTL fans that I've read on message forum echo the same things "let Wiz walk". They said he makes lots of bonehead plays and poor decision making. I'm not saying Holland shouldn't pursue him, but I wouldn't be upset if he doesn't come here either. I'd be just as happy if Chicago overpay to get him, and strapping their cap situation even worse.

Did Joni Pitkanen re-sign with 'Canes?

Oddly, most of the MTL fans that I've read on message forum echo the same things "let Wiz walk". They said he makes lots of bonehead plays and poor decision making. I'm not saying Holland shouldn't pursue him, but I wouldn't be upset if he doesn't come here either. I'd be just as happy if Chicago overpay to get him, and strapping their cap situation even worse.

Maybe..... but from what I've gathered Habs fans, in general, tend to have incredibly high expectations for any player wearing their jersey.

Well of course they're going to let him walk. They have a number of capable defensman and he was brought in purely to fill in for injuries. I mean the guy did great there but he was only there for half a season. Yeah he makes some bonehead plays, mostly in the defensive zone, but he makes up for it with his big hits and offensive capability, especially on the pp. And good defense can be taught. Wisniewski very much has the potential to become a rafalski with a mean streak if he comes here. Obviously im a wiz supporter but i do NOT support the overpaying of anyone. I just don't believe there is anyone who is a better fit for this team at this point.

Wisniewski vs. what we need

right handed shot: check

offensive production: check

frequent fighter: check

strong defensive presence:_____ (can be filled by salei's replacment?)

Do i need to mention the obvious? that hes a hometown boy and was mentored by lapointe?

I've not heard anything about pitkanen re-signing, but the only way id want him anyway is if he came with jokinen. Pitkanen does not shoot left, does not fight, and plays no better than wisniewski defensively.

Maybe..... but from what I've gathered Habs fans, in general, tend to have incredibly high expectations for any player wearing their jersey.

Thank God WE are not like that... :hehe:

Wisniewski vs. what we need

right handed shot: check

offensive production: check

frequent fighter: check

strong defensive presence:_____ (can be filled by salei's replacment?)

Last time we were in this situation. We filled all our needs and replaced a great player with a worse player generally, that was a better fit and in their prime. Raf fixed problems and was an upgrade. I don't think Wiz is that sort of player, but he is a good fit on paper. If he is such a good fit, we won't miss out on him. Simple.

I am not going to be heart broken if we don't sign him, but if we don't sign him and Holland tried his best on July 1st. Then to hell with him. If he wouldn't want to play for Detroit before anyone else, I don't want him on the team.

The Wheel on the front, not the name on the back.