• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#41 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 01:12 AM

I'd like to trade Hudler to free up some roster/cap space and I don't think we'd get much more than a 2nd for him. We got Stuart for a 2nd and a 4th and Stuart > Hudler.

Why is everyone so quick to send off Hudler after one bad season? He deserves at least up until next season's trade deadline before he is moved. If he is sucking up to that point, then i'm for him being traded, but until then, people gotta get off his back. He (and Filppula) were huge assets when the Wings won the Cup in 08.

#42 IrishWing19

IrishWing19

Token Irishman

• PipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 03:22 AM

It's worth mentionig that in these type of deals the pick is, usually, conditional, Holland would only lose the 2nd if he can't come to an agreement with Wishnewski. With that in mind, it'd have to be a pick in 2012 and not one of Ottawa's picks.

#43 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,070 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 05:30 AM

Why is everyone so quick to send off Hudler after one bad season? He deserves at least up until next season's trade deadline before he is moved. If he is sucking up to that point, then i'm for him being traded, but until then, people gotta get off his back. He (and Filppula) were huge assets when the Wings won the Cup in 08.

he did have pretty big expectations after blowing up the A his last year there. sure he went to russia and got cold or whatever, but hockey's hockey and if you don't maintain high expectations of yourself than that's your own fault, not the fault of a lesser league or coach. and he always seems to be in babcock's doghouse, who wants a team of hustlers who never let off the gas pedal. is that hudler or does he want to find somebody who is?

He (and Filppula) were huge assets when the Wings won the Cup in 08.

brad stuart had 3 less points than hudler those playoffs in the same amount of games.

brad "lightning hands" stuart.
Posted Image

#44 Diluvian04

Diluvian04

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 08:32 AM

The Wings won't even try to get Wisniewski through trade. They value their draft picks to much. I understand that the picks are valuable but just thinking about the Sharks getting Brent Burns and Chicago getting Cap space through trading Campbell, I'm very nervous for the upcoming year and fear that the wings will drop in the standings. I'm tired of teams like the sharks knocking us out and when they strengthen their team and we haven't done anything. July 1st is going to be a very stressful day for Detroit Hockey fans.

#45 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 09:45 AM

he did have pretty big expectations after blowing up the A his last year there. sure he went to russia and got cold or whatever, but hockey's hockey and if you don't maintain high expectations of yourself than that's your own fault, not the fault of a lesser league or coach. and he always seems to be in babcock's doghouse, who wants a team of hustlers who never let off the gas pedal. is that hudler or does he want to find somebody who is?

Hudler has been in Babcock's doghouse his entire career. That's the primary reason he went to the KHL; because he wasn't being given a fair shot. Hudler was outplaying Kopecky and Filppula, yet both were given top six chances Hudler was not. Now, obviously, Hudler was in the doghouse early last season because he earned it. And he managed to play himself out of it. And in the playoffs, he was one of the team's best three or four forwards against Phoenix. When a handful of guys didn't produce against San Jose and Babcock wanted to shake it up, Hudler was the scratch, even though he was still creating scoring chances that simply weren't going in.

brad stuart had 3 less points than hudler those playoffs in the same amount of games.

brad "lightning hands" stuart.

I think you mean that Stuart played one fewer game and scored seven fewer points. Your statement is correct if you replace "brad stuart" with "valtteri filppula" because that's how it was.

"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#46 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 09:58 AM

So what will all the 'trade him for dirt!' guys do if Hudler does get shipped out and produces elsewhere? Will he get the Quincey / Leino / Fleischmann / Ritola Hall of Fame treatment?

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#47 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 10:56 AM

We just so happen to have an extra 2nd round pick...
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#48 Greatness=PavelDatsyuk

Greatness=PavelDatsyuk

First Line Center

• PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 11:01 AM

We just so happen to have an extra 2nd round pick...

Not anymore, second round is over

Posted Image

#49 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,727 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 11:17 AM

Because this isn't 2008.

It's 4 seasons later.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#50 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 03:37 PM

It's not because he sucks (not that I'm saying he does), it because we have too many 2nd/3rd liners taking up roster space and cap money that could be used to get a bonafide top 6 scorer or two.

Edited by Z and D for the C, 25 June 2011 - 03:38 PM.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#51 pockets

pockets

Pockets Smash

• PipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 02:40 AM

This is a what have you done for me lately world and Hudler hasnt done anything lately so thats why i think he would be the first to be traded. Also I could see Kenny trading for the rights for Wiz. If we were too trade his rights and then sign him, all of a sudden Big Rig has that much less leverage when it come to his contract.

#52 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 04:48 AM

id be pretty bummed if wiz isnt a wing this season

#53 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 06:18 AM

So what will all the 'trade him for dirt!' guys do if Hudler does get shipped out and produces elsewhere? Will he get the Quincey / Leino / Fleischmann / Ritola Hall of Fame treatment?

IMHO Hudler isn't going anywhere - who wants him?

And if he did get traded away, and racked up 30 plus goals/30 plus assists - then God bless...At least he'll have some success, and be happy at the NHL level elsewhere.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#54 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 03:44 PM

Hudler has trade value. That is why I want to trade him. People who think you can't get anything for him are wrong.

Holland must have heard every bad deal offer in the world and a couple of good ones too and haven't found the right one yet. I would suspect at this point that he is with us unless we sign someone better.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#55 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,614 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 04:28 PM

id be pretty bummed if wiz isnt a wing this season

Yes, for sure! Especially if he chooses Chicago over Detroit..... I just hope to all hope that Wisniewski is in the Winged-Wheel for a long time!

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#56 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 04:29 PM

I don't see Holland trading Hudler unless it's for an offer he can't refuse. Hudler, despite having a bad season, is a pretty damn good goal scorer. Last year was a fluke,and anyone with any hockey sense knows this.

As for Wishnewski, it's worrisome that the guy is moved around like a bad disease. Montreal fans are pretty much torn on whether they should re-singing him or not. He's been the whipping boy on every team he's played on. I don't see that reputation changing anytime soon. Especially at the cost it will take to get him.

He could fill a hole, but I am not too excited about him.

Edited by Heaten, 26 June 2011 - 04:31 PM.

#57 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 04:31 PM

I would suspect at this point that he is with us unless we sign someone better.

Good point. Holland might be wanting to wait to make sure we can fill the spot with someone better before he trades him anyway.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#58 DarbyGuy

DarbyGuy

Jr. Prospect

• 25 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 04:52 PM

hudler is not worth 2.8 million.... please try to trade him to NYI for nabokov, straight up. thank you

#59 KrazyGangsta

KrazyGangsta

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,465 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 05:35 PM

hudler is not worth 2.8 million.... please try to trade him to NYI for nabokov, straight up. thank you

You Crazy????????? Hell, trade Hudler to NYI for a bag of hockey pucks.

Edited by KrazyGangsta, 26 June 2011 - 05:35 PM.

#60 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,448 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 05:56 PM

I don't see Holland trading Hudler unless it's for an offer he can't refuse. Hudler, despite having a bad season, is a pretty damn good goal scorer. Last year was a fluke,and anyone with any hockey sense knows this.

As for Wishnewski, it's worrisome that the guy is moved around like a bad disease. Montreal fans are pretty much torn on whether they should re-singing him or not. He's been the whipping boy on every team he's played on. I don't see that reputation changing anytime soon. Especially at the cost it will take to get him.

He could fill a hole, but I am not too excited about him.

hes moved around alot yes, but if youve read any of the wiz threads from the past month its clear that he often landed in the wrong place at the wrong time and was often not traded because he was a "whipping boy". ive heard the exact opposite about montreal fans. ive heard many MTL fans saying theyd rather have markov walk and keep wisniewski. NYI and MTL fans were pretty thrilled with his performance this past year. im sorry but ive been following wisniewski since he was a 16 yr old in plymouth-canton michigan, and i have never heard him be described as a whipping boy. perhaps when he was with the hawks or ducks because he was so green, but i dont think so. even they were thrilled with his level of intensity and the caliber of his hits and fights. this year he finally started living up to his offensive potential and i think it would be un-wise to pass on him.