• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Matt

2011 NHL Draft: Rounds 2-7 Discussion

Rate this topic

isayonedollaonedollaonedollaseventyfivecentseventyfivec...

SOLD to the old lady for 75 cents!

Old lady:

I'm not an old lady, I'm Brian Burke, and I was just trying to find out where the bathroom is!

Edited by Shaman464

Wings go Jurco AND Ouellet...holy s***! Jurco was arguably one of the best players in the CHL this past season and Ouellet has damn near the most potential of all the DMen out there. And some interesting stats about Sproul:

In his first Ontario Hockey League season, Sproul led all defensemen and rookies on Sault Ste. Marie in scoring with 14 goals and 33 points in 61 games. He scored 10 goals after January 1, second to only CHL Player of the year Ryan Ellis (12).

So Holland got two first round talents for his first round draft pick. All you haters can suck it now.

The Wings absolutely killed it in the second round. All 3 of those guys are very good picks IMO. I really wanted Catenacci with the 55th, but I cant be upset with us grabbing Sproul.

All three have great potential for their spot.

Honestly, they all are more likely to be busts. We shall see what happens of course.

Jurco is the biggest question mark, he might do better to get time with Dats sooner rather than later because he needs to learn what it means to work. Jurco is one of those kids that piss you off by spending all of his time trying to figure out tricks instead of working in the gym or with a team mate passing. He really needs to figure out how to be a team mate before figuring out how to win the shoot out competition.

Alan Quine (Qwyne) is a playmaking center, great teammate and defensively responsible. Good pick, albeit safe, but good pick. He should be able to put up 70-80 points next season and improve on his strength and size.He is also very fast, if he finds consistency, he'll be a steal in the third round.

Edited by Konnan511

I hope this kid is still available at #85, physical stay-at-home defenseman who skates well and has an edge to his game.

He was available but, IMO, due to the last two picks already being d-men, Holland went with a center. Cant really blame him. Only hope now is that he lasts another 13 picks. still looking possible.

Alan Quine is one of a kind in this draft. He’s a good sized centre from the Peterborough Petes, formerly with the Kingston Frontenacs. He has decent foot speed, slightly above average hands, and fairly good offensive instincts. What makes him really special however, is how well he sees the ice, and predicts the game as well as anyone in the draft. From the redline in, he’s likely the most defensively sound player in the draft, and can develop into an elite checker in the NHL with some offensive upside.

Playing in Peterborough on a bad team, he might fall down the rankings a little bit, but he could also be one of those guys that is taken well ahead of where he’s slotted to go. Quine’s offensive abilities are quite raw, but he does show the ability to find open ice, and score goals when he gets the puck in open ice. His positioning in his own end is second to none, and almost never takes a bad penalty because of it. The skills can develop over time, but his positioning and hockey sense is already at the next level.