• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Matt

2011 NHL Draft: Rounds 2-7 Discussion

Rate this topic

Now i hope the Wings take Zakhar Arzmastsev. Smart defensively, Russian D-man, and has good puck control and passing abilities.

Heyyy, we agree on something!!!!!!!!!!!

It was the only video of him on YouTube.

That wasn't directed at you. I'm just saying that the video made me dizzy ha.

I say, since we have two picks coming up, we take Arzmastsev with Nikita Nesterov. Defense pair in russia juniors. Both listed as potential sleepers in the draft. Smart D-men both offensively and defensively.

I say, since we have two picks coming up, we take Arzmastsev with Nikita Nesterov. Defense pair in russia juniors. Both listed as potential sleepers in the draft. Smart D-men both offensively and defensively.

My only problem is, is that I don't see the Wings drafting any Russians. I'd love those two picks, but the Wings don't like drafting Russians.

My only problem is, is that I don't see the Wings drafting any Russians. I'd love those two picks, but the Wings don't like drafting Russians.

No one does anymore. The KHL is a thorn in the side of the NHL GM. Why risk losing that player to another league?

I think the Wings are hoping for Tomas Jurco to still be around for the 35th pick. Then they will draft defense like they said. Jurco would be a solid prospect to develop with his comrade Tatar.

:siren:

Jurco is a great talent for the Wings. Can you say Hossa Jr? I've read that Jurco is responsible in his own end when he's not scoring crazy highlight-reel goals.

Tvrdon... 6 letters, 1 consonants. Exactly what our announcers need :)

Seriously, he is already big at 18. 6.2, 210lbs... hope he adds to this a bit more...

I think you mean 1 vowel.

This team is really high on Slovak players. Tvrdon could turn out to be a steal, hopefully injuries don't continue to affect him.

It is hilarious how every draft people on here start going "OMG steal of the year hur hur hur hur" Yeah, I'll see in 5 years how these steals worked out for us.

Go check HFBoards right now and see who they said the steal of the draft was last year, I'll give you a hint It starts with Teemu and ends in Pulkkinen. Check out this years "steal of the draft", I'll give you a hint, his name starts with Marek and ends with Tvrdon.

Philippe Hudon, right-handed forward, will be playing at Cornell this year

Mattias Backman, tall, skinny Swedish defenseman, typical Red Wings late round pick

Wings certainly got height and size this year, can't wait to see what people complain about next year.

Philippe Hudon, RW – Choate Wild Boars (Conn. HS)

An incredible student who shook off the Quebec League in favor of a future at Cornell, Hudon is thriving at the prep school level in Connecticut. A big kid who likes Milan Lucic’s game, Hudon possesses excellent athleticism and isn’t afraid to throw his weight around.

“People have classified me as a power forward,” Hudon said. “I think that is a perfect categorization. My role is to set the tone; get a quick goal or make a quick pass, but also to make a big hit.”

This will please the masses. :)

Go check HFBoards right now and see who they said the steal of the draft was last year, I'll give you a hint It starts with Teemu and ends in Pulkkinen. Check out this years "steal of the draft", I'll give you a hint, his name starts with Marek and ends with Tvrdon.

Wings certainly got height and size this year, can't wait to see what people complain about next year.

Teemu Pulkkinen is injury prone last time I checked. I just don't agree on calling these young players steals of the draft when they haven't played in the NHL for a few years even. Get back to me in 10 years when these steals are tearing it up in the NHL and winning championships for the Red Wings. More than likely, out of all these steals, maybe 1 or 2 will pan, maybe.