• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Matt

2011 NHL Draft: Rounds 2-7 Discussion

Rate this topic

It is hilarious how every draft people on here start going "OMG steal of the year hur hur hur hur" Yeah, I'll see in 5 years how these steals worked out for us.

Mattias Backman will make Lidstrom look like Brett Lebda. You heard it here first.

Hudon:

Hudon helped Choate to a 15-9-1 record in 2010-11, recording 20 points (10-10--20) in 22 games as one of 13 seniors on the roster. In 2009-10, he helped lead Choate to the New England Large Prep Championship with a 21-6-1 record.

He was the only sophomore named to the All New England Division West All-Star Team, despite missing six games playing for Team Quebec at 2010 World Under-17 Challenge.

Hudon was highly regarded at the start of the season but failed to take a significant offensive step forward at the Prep School level. He’s got a decent frame to work with and plays a pretty hard-nosed game, indicating his role will likely be as more of a third line player at the next level. Still, his lack of production is concerning, and the fact that a “power forward” will be heading to Cornell might also be a bit of an issue for NHL teams.

Mattias Backman:

Big, very mobile and brings a solid first pass. If he cracks the SEL roster for Linköping, he'll be at WJC no doubt. Solid case for him to be drafted in the middle of day 2.

From HFB.

Any info on Mattias Backman? His scouting reports remind me of what they said of Niklas Hjalmarsson in '04.

I can see why. Big, very mobile and brings a solid first pass. If he cracks the SEL roster for Linköping, he'll be at WJC no doubt. Solid case for him to be drafted in the middle of day 2.

Teemu Pulkkinen is injury prone last time I checked. I just don't agree on calling these young players steals of the draft when they haven't played in the NHL for a few years even. Get back to me in 10 years when these steals are tearing it up in the NHL and winning championships for the Red Wings. More than likely, out of all these steals, maybe 1 or 2 will pan, maybe.

Pulkkinen had some freak injuries, he wasn't injury prone, and just played a full SML season and competed in the playoffs and WJHC. He's fine. Why do we have to wait 10 years to satisfy you? I'll get back to you in a couple months to see our guys tearing up leagues that 1st rounders aren't even doing as well in.

Mattias Backman will make Lidstrom look like Brett Lebda. You heard it here first.

uhhhhhhhh

Are you being serious? I cannot tell... If you are, you better make it your signature so we can all remember your oracle like skill.

Michelle Obama... You think she needed to be explained what hockey was before she did that commercial?

Pulkkinen had some freak injuries, he wasn't injury prone, and just played a full SML season and competed in the playoffs and WJHC. He's fine. Why do we have to wait 10 years to satisfy you? I'll get back to you in a couple months to see our guys tearing up leagues that 1st rounders aren't even doing as well in.

Yeah some leagues overseas don't count. I view it as NHL or bust, that is all that matters. NHl is the toughest league out there, doing well in the SML is nice, but until I see this kid being able to sustain many rigorous NHL seasons, I don't buy the hype. Why would no other team draft him, if he was such a young and upcoming dynamic player. On this site, Holland and the draft staff is often viewed as some special god that is able to whisk players out of nowhere. Yes, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, and even Mule were great decisions by the staff to draft, but not all these young guys are going to end up like them. Other teams have just as competent gms and draft staffs (que the Burke jokes here).

uhhhhhhhh

Are you being serious? I cannot tell... If you are, you better make it your signature so we can all remember your oracle like skill.

Michelle Obama... You think she needed to be explained what hockey was before she did that commercial?

The NHL Network needs some new sponsors. I'm sick of seeing that commercial EVERY commercial break.

This is why the Wings do well in the draft, it always seems they are looking where no one else is. Sweeden breaks a draft record and we are drafting Slovaks. Trend setters perhaps.

Agreed. The minute I heard Kenny traded his first round pick for 2 in the second, I knew he was onto something no one else had a whiff of. (Of course, so did everyone else at that point.:)) While Kenny's record is far from perfect, I generally cannot find fault with him in the draft. I'm anxious to see how these pan out.

Yeah some leagues overseas don't count. I view it as NHL or bust, that is all that matters. NHl is the toughest league out there, doing well in the SML is nice, but until I see this kid being able to sustain many rigorous NHL seasons, I don't buy the hype. Why would no other team draft him, if he was such a young and upcoming dynamic player. On this site, Holland and the draft staff is often viewed as some special god that is able to whisk players out of nowhere. Yes, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, and even Mule were great decisions by the staff to draft, but not all these young guys are going to end up like them. Other teams have just as competent gms and draft staffs (que the Burke jokes here).

Lol okkkkk.

Agreed. The minute I heard Kenny traded his first round pick for 2 in the second, I knew he was onto something no one else had a whiff of. (Of course, so did everyone else at that point.:)) While Kenny's record is far from perfect, I generally cannot find fault with him in the draft. I'm anxious to see how these pan out.

The organization is like a magician, they are all "HEY LOOK OVER THERE!!!" While all the scouts go to a country to look at the prospects we tip toe over to some random game and see a fourth liner, write his name down and exit through the back door.

Draft genius. :D

Big fan of this Nedomlel kid, hes not flashy, hes just a good stay at home d-man, and he will do what he needs to todo to stand up for his mates. very tall at 6-4 but only weighs 204, he could put on about 20 pounds of muscle.