• Silver Booster
  • 20,713 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 12:44 PM

In say 4-5 years...

Filppula - Datsyuk - Franzen
Tatar - Zetterberg - Jurco
Nyquist - Jarnkrok - Pulkkinen
Abdealkder - Helm - Mursak

Sheahan, Andersson, Ferraro all there or there abouts too.

Scary. Obviously a few what if's, but still...

:lol:

That lineup would make last year's team look like the Broad Street Bullies.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#242 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 01:11 PM

He seemed to fall because of his inconsistency. I've read scouting reports that called him mature so I'm interested in where you got your "cocky ****** bag" info.

Here's a snippet from a Red Wings scout:

Like I said-- I'd like to see where you read that he's a ******.

Exactly, i've never heard a bad thing about him, except from opposing goalies. As soon as he found out he was drafted by the Wings he immediately went to the media to gush about Zetterberg and Datsyuk and said it's been a lifelong dream to play with Datsyuk some day...

Doesn't sound like a cocky douchebag...

Plus, i highly doubt TSN would ever use the phrase "cocky douchebag".

That lineup would make last year's team look like the Broad Street Bullies.

And that team would skate circles around last years team...your point?
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#243 egroen

egroen

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 01:22 PM

I think you're reading too much into it. Its more likely that they decided that none of the remaining players in the 7th round had any shot of ever making it to the NHL anyway and decided it was better to take the risk on Marchenko on the off chance that he could be persuaded to come to the NHL someday. Im not saying he'll never play for the Red Wings, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

From the draft wrap-up by Khan on Mlive, it sounds like the Wings scouts had already met with him numerous times, and are confident he will come over - as early as next year.
Red Kelly #4 and Larry Aurie #6 belong in the rafters!!!

"For my game, I don't need to score the goal," Konstantinov once explained. "I need someone to start thinking about me and forgetting about scoring goals."

#244 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,713 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 02:00 PM

Exactly, i've never heard a bad thing about him, except from opposing goalies. As soon as he found out he was drafted by the Wings he immediately went to the media to gush about Zetterberg and Datsyuk and said it's been a lifelong dream to play with Datsyuk some day...

Doesn't sound like a cocky douchebag...

Plus, i highly doubt TSN would ever use the phrase "cocky douchebag".

And that team would skate circles around last years team...your point?

Actually, they wouldn't skate circles around anyone.

They'd just skate in circles period.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#245 egroen

egroen

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 02:19 PM

Collection of Jurco YouTube clips:

http://ca.sports.yah...orhockey-272723
Red Kelly #4 and Larry Aurie #6 belong in the rafters!!!

"For my game, I don't need to score the goal," Konstantinov once explained. "I need someone to start thinking about me and forgetting about scoring goals."

#246 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 03:11 PM

Tatar-Jarnkrok-Jurco
Nyquist-Sheahan-Pulkkinen
Axelsson-Andersson-Nestrasil
Raedeke-Aubry-Callahan
Ferraro-Parkes

Smith-Lashoff
Almqvist-Jensen
Fournier-Nicastro
Ouelette

McCollum-Mrazek

No Mursak because he's already a Red Wing.

#247 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 03:22 PM

I think you're reading too much into it. Its more likely that they decided that none of the remaining players in the 7th round had any shot of ever making it to the NHL anyway and decided it was better to take the risk on Marchenko on the off chance that he could be persuaded to come to the NHL someday. Im not saying he'll never play for the Red Wings, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

This should put this to rest. Directly from Nill's mouth:

"Hes one of the better young defensemen in Russia," Nill said. "Our Russian scouts know him well and he says he wants to come out in a year. So we feel we have the ability to get him (to North America) if we need to."

http://www.mlive.com...o_land_tom.html

#248 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 03:36 PM

Loving this pick and I know some others will love it too.

The Wings continued what has become a theme this year. They drafted a player who is:

-Big

-Playing in the CHL

-From the former Czechoslovakia (he’s from the Czech Republic though, while Jurco and Tvrdon are from Slovakia)

Richard Nedomlel joined the Swift Current Broncos of the WHL this past season, his first in North America.

If you’re looking for a defenseman to score goals for your team, Nedomlel is not your guy.

If you want someone to run the other team through the boards, give him a call.

At 6’4″ and 204 pounds, Nedomlel is a beast on the ice. In 2009-2010, his last year in the Czech league, he put up 221 penalty minutes in just 41 games, while helping his team win the league championship.

In his first year with Swift Current, he had 107 PIM in 66 games. He had 7 fights this season, and I’ve noticed two things about his fights.

First, he is usually standing up for his teammates when he drops the gloves.

Second, he doesn’t lose fights. He uses his long reach and a powerful right jab to keep opponent’s at bay, and usually scores the take down as well.

He reminds me of a young Derian Hatcher, who was among the best “tough guy” defenders in the league for a time. Really excited to see if this guy can hack it at the professional level, because he is as tough as they get.

http://sportsnationn...chard-nedomlel/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qf0FLChv2FE

Edited by redwingfan19, 26 June 2011 - 03:37 PM.

You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#249 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,040 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 03:38 PM

Was a great draft. Lots of size and skill. Defence cupboard got re-stocked well :thumbup:

#NOMOREKINDL

#250 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 04:44 PM

Was a great draft. Lots of size and skill. Defence cupboard got re-stocked well :thumbup:

Exactly. That first round trade for the two second rounders was monumental. We drafted unarguably the best defender in the draft in the 7th round and got arguably the best offensive defensemen with one of those 2nd rounders. On top of that, we got an uber light Derian Hatcher and a guy who is bigger than Datsyuk, but pattens his game after him. Last year we got the best young gun in the SML and one of the best Swedish young guns in the SEL, size be damned. This season we got bigger, meaner, and Czechoslovakianer,
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#251 Datsyerberger

Datsyerberger

"Dat's yer burger, Hank."

• HoF Booster
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 05:03 PM

Exactly. That first round trade for the two second rounders was monumental. We drafted unarguably the best defender in the draft in the 7th round and got arguably the best offensive defensemen with one of those 2nd rounders. On top of that, we got an uber light Derian Hatcher and a guy who is bigger than Datsyuk, but pattens his game after him. Last year we got the best young gun in the SML and one of the best Swedish young guns in the SEL, size be damned. This season we got bigger, meaner, and Czechoslovakianer,

Clearly Holland addressed this teams needs by drafting a lot of large guys that can czech people.

:ph34r:
If some bored artist wants to make me a signature, feel free to cut loose and do so.

Of course, I could get off my lame rear and do something.

#252 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 05:11 PM

Clearly Holland addressed this teams needs by drafting a lot of large guys that can czech people.

I. Hate. You :lol:
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank

#253 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 05:12 PM

A good free agency he'll be Finnished.

#254 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 05:13 PM

A good free agency he'll be Finnished.

Let's just hope he doesn't go Russian in to free agency, though.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank

#255 Datsyerberger

Datsyerberger

"Dat's yer burger, Hank."

• HoF Booster
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 05:19 PM

Let's just hope he doesn't go Russian in to free agency, though.

Hopefully they aren't german it up in the locker room with people coming from so many different nations.

Edited by Datsyerberger, 26 June 2011 - 05:19 PM.

If some bored artist wants to make me a signature, feel free to cut loose and do so.

Of course, I could get off my lame rear and do something.

#256 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 05:20 PM

Hopefully they aren't german it up in the locker room with people coming from so many different nations.

That wouldn't be Swede at all.

#257 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 05:24 PM

That wouldn't be Swede at all.

Do you think Hudler cares where his Polands?
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank

#258 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 05:38 PM

Meet Tomas Jurco, "The Cocky Douchebag" :P

The Best Of BC
HankthaTank

#259 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 05:38 PM

Do you think Hudler cares where his Polands?

If it even has a beginning then he needs to incorporate some kegel exercises. All the prostitutes he's been with say he needs to take more ginseng because they really don't have a taste for Slovaks.

#260 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 05:52 PM

Nedomlel Interview (Audio)
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank