• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Matt

2011 NHL Draft: Rounds 2-7 Discussion

Rate this topic

On Jurco

"Weaknesses - very inconsistent, is a star one night and accomplishes little the next. Not overly gritty, tends to stay to the outside of the play..."

I'm not sure another Franzen is what we need. Inconsistency kills, because when all your streaky players fail to show up... say, during the playoffs... Well, it will be interesting to see how this guy develops; these reports aren't necessarily representative of what the player will grow into.

I'm not sure another Franzen is what we need. Inconsistency kills, because when all your streaky players fail to show up... say, during the playoffs... Well, it will be interesting to see how this guy develops; these reports aren't necessarily representative of what the player will grow into.

Obv haven't seen this kid play outside of "stats" and "blogs" the kid has skills.

Franzen is probably the last player you should mention with "not showing up in the playoffs".

Obv haven't seen this kid play outside of "stats" and "blogs" the kid has skills.

"Obv" I have not, and nowhere did I refute that he has skills. What I was indicating was that the report of inconsistency is a concern, because I feel we need more consistent players. That being said, neither of us have seen him play in the NHL, hence the wait-and-see comment.

Make no mistake, we don't have enough D prospects to fill out the top half of our roster. Our bottom half will be fine. Unless at least one of the guys in our system besides Smith can become a top three guy we will be signing big name Dmen in the future.

The Wings absolutely killed it in the second round. All 3 of those guys are very good picks IMO. I really wanted Catenacci with the 55th, but I cant be upset with us grabbing Sproul.