• Please log in to reply
278 replies to this topic

#101 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 11:45 AM

Hey, Holland, Sefton would have been nice...

6'2" 207lbs. Defenseman

from the hockey news.

God, I hope so...

You skipped the part that has all the scouting reports saying he is slow with poor acceleration and has minimal offense. No thanks.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#102 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 11:47 AM

I will say, their draft coverage is terrible. you never know when there is a pick. Rarely say anything about the picks. They need to follow ESPNs NFL draft coverage.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#103 X13WINGS13X

X13WINGS13X

#!*% Lebron, Lidstrom is the king.

• Pip
  • 116 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 11:48 AM

1 pick away for yuen. please dont pass on him, holland

Edited by X13WINGS13X, 25 June 2011 - 11:53 AM.

#104 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 11:52 AM

St. Croix went A LOT later than I though he would.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#105 Johnny Diamonds

Johnny Diamonds

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 11:54 AM

I will say, their draft coverage is terrible. you never know when there is a pick. Rarely say anything about the picks. They need to follow ESPNs NFL draft coverage.

The draft coverage is absolutely brutal. The MLB does a better job of covering their draft and they have like 50 rounds. These guys are more interested in legacy drivel and human fluff pieces.

#106 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 11:55 AM

I laughed my ass off by this tweet from BizNasty last night:

#NHL congrats Connor Murphy. Yotes first round pick. Your already under my wing. Fake ID is being made as we speak.

The Best Of BC
HankthaTank

#107 X13WINGS13X

X13WINGS13X

• Pip
  • 116 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 11:56 AM

Marek Tvrdon 6'2" 210lbs RW from Vancouver Slovakian born WHLer

Edited by X13WINGS13X, 25 June 2011 - 11:56 AM.

#108 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 11:56 AM

Wow, Detroit took exactly who I wanted them to pick lol. Marek Tvrdon is a great pick!
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank

#109 Off the Post

Off the Post

Rookie

• Pip
  • 136 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 11:57 AM

How's Tvrdon? =/

#110 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 11:59 AM

Tvrdon might just be the steal of the draft ala Pulkkinen due to his injury:

Size, strength, and skill in traffic. Tvrdon uses all those attributes to protect the puck and to drive past opponents towards the goal. Each of those skills was on display for a mere dozen games this year before Tvrdon hurt his shoulder and was lost for the season. In those 12 games, Tvrdon scored 6 goals and added another 5 assists for 11 points.

The Best Of BC
HankthaTank

#111 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Slovak central.

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#112 X13WINGS13X

X13WINGS13X

• Pip
  • 116 posts

Winnipeg takes Yuen at 119

#113 McAwesome

McAwesome

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 12:00 PM

Dang it, Yuen is a Jet :(

So, who's next?

Edited by McAwesome, 25 June 2011 - 12:00 PM.

7yss.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate

#114 Johnny Diamonds

Johnny Diamonds

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 12:01 PM

#115 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

1 pick away for yuen. please dont pass on him, holland

Next round then? lol

#116 hockey23

hockey23

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 330 posts

Sounds like they went for a sleeper. Maybe the next Nyquist or Pulkkinen? (not as in style of play, but 4th round steal)

#117 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

We will see him twice for Slovakia's WJHC team for sure:

Tvrdon had a very nice start to the season posting 11 points in the first 12 games of the season. Unfortunately, those 12 games were all he would end up playing this year as a shoulder injury ended his season prematurely. Tvrdon has good size and uses his strength to outmuscle opponents and create scoring chances. Once he is in position to shoot, Tvrdon uses a hard wrist shot that has proven to be effective for him.

The Best Of BC
HankthaTank

#118 RusDRW

RusDRW

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,344 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 12:03 PM

Tvrdon... 6 letters, 1 consonants. Exactly what our announcers need :)

Seriously, he is already big at 18. 6.2, 210lbs... hope he adds to this a bit more...
Sweet. This dude was brought here for one reason, to punch people in the head - every other thing that he can do, other Wings can do better. I like that we have a head-puncher. The league has other, better head-punchers, but this one is ours. Better than nothing. Good work, Kenny!

© mikah

#119 Datsyerberger

Datsyerberger

"Dat's yer burger, Hank."

• HoF Booster
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 12:04 PM

moar dmen imo
If some bored artist wants to make me a signature, feel free to cut loose and do so.

Of course, I could get off my lame rear and do something.

#120 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 12:06 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvlj1dh-b4g

One of the worst videos I have ever seen and I've seen "One Missed Call". All I got from that is that he is a BIGGGGG kid who seems to have great instincts.

Tvrdon... 6 letters, 1 consonants vowel. Exactly what our announcers need :)

Seriously, he is already big at 18. 6.2, 210lbs... hope he adds to this a bit more...

FIFY ;)
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank