278 replies to this topic

#161 Johnny Diamonds

Johnny Diamonds

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 12:52 PM

uhhhhhhhh

Are you being serious? I cannot tell... If you are, you better make it your signature so we can all remember your oracle like skill.

Michelle Obama... You think she needed to be explained what hockey was before she did that commercial?

The NHL Network needs some new sponsors. I'm sick of seeing that commercial EVERY commercial break.

#162 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,060 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 12:53 PM

This will please the masses. :)

certainly pleased me to read that :)
Posted Image

#163 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,147 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 12:54 PM

This is why the Wings do well in the draft, it always seems they are looking where no one else is. Sweeden breaks a draft record and we are drafting Slovaks. Trend setters perhaps.

Agreed. The minute I heard Kenny traded his first round pick for 2 in the second, I knew he was onto something no one else had a whiff of. (Of course, so did everyone else at that point.:)) While Kenny's record is far from perfect, I generally cannot find fault with him in the draft. I'm anxious to see how these pan out.
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#164 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 12:54 PM

Yeah some leagues overseas don't count. I view it as NHL or bust, that is all that matters. NHl is the toughest league out there, doing well in the SML is nice, but until I see this kid being able to sustain many rigorous NHL seasons, I don't buy the hype. Why would no other team draft him, if he was such a young and upcoming dynamic player. On this site, Holland and the draft staff is often viewed as some special god that is able to whisk players out of nowhere. Yes, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, and even Mule were great decisions by the staff to draft, but not all these young guys are going to end up like them. Other teams have just as competent gms and draft staffs (que the Burke jokes here).

Lol okkkkk.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#165 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 12:55 PM

Richard Nedomlel.

A BIG, FIGHTING defenceman. This site could crash. :siren:

Edited by Aussie_Wing, 25 June 2011 - 12:56 PM.

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#166 Andrew

Andrew

redwings8831

• PipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 12:57 PM

Richard Nedomlel - Swift Current Dman(6-4 205). Here is his fight card:

http://www.hockeyfig...ghtcard/reg2011

#167 stuck in socal

stuck in socal

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 12:57 PM

Lol okkkkk.

They don't count and you know it ;). I see what you are saying, but I want to be proved otherwise. Thanks for a discussion.
Playoff Time. Let's Go Red Wings!!!!

#168 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,060 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 12:59 PM

richard nedeomlel a stay at home bruiser!

:dies:
Posted Image

#169 achildr1

achildr1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts

http://www.coppernbl...ect-oilers-pick

This was an Oiler pre-draft wish list article on Tvrdon. About half way down it foresees our pick....

#170 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Agreed. The minute I heard Kenny traded his first round pick for 2 in the second, I knew he was onto something no one else had a whiff of. (Of course, so did everyone else at that point.:)) While Kenny's record is far from perfect, I generally cannot find fault with him in the draft. I'm anxious to see how these pan out.

The organization is like a magician, they are all "HEY LOOK OVER THERE!!!" While all the scouts go to a country to look at the prospects we tip toe over to some random game and see a fourth liner, write his name down and exit through the back door.

Draft genius. :D
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#171 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 01:00 PM

Richard Nedomlel.

A BIG, FIGHTING defenceman. This site could crash. :siren:

And European, it's a win-win!
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#172 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,060 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 01:00 PM

"at the 145 pick, the detroit red wing would like to draft hudon...i mean trade hudler! trade hudler! s***! s***!"
Posted Image

#173 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 01:03 PM

"at the 145 pick, the detroit red wing would like to draft hudon...i mean trade hudler! trade hudler! s***! s***!"

I bet that's EXACTLY how it happened too!
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank

#174 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 01:04 PM

richard nedeomlel a stay at home bruiser!

:dies:

Looking over his fights, kinda turtles too much.

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#175 wings1110

wings1110

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 01:05 PM

Big fan of this Nedomlel kid, hes not flashy, hes just a good stay at home d-man, and he will do what he needs to todo to stand up for his mates. very tall at 6-4 but only weighs 204, he could put on about 20 pounds of muscle.

#176 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,060 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 01:06 PM

hey what number do you think nedomlel will pick? i want to preorder my jersey.

:D
Posted Image

#177 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 01:07 PM

Good fight.

He also hits pretty well, though in that link he kinda went for the headshot.

#178 wings1110

wings1110

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 01:09 PM

He fought some much older, and more experienced fighters in some of them. But practice makes perfect, and adding 20 pounds will held a lot, he has great reach.

#179 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,060 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 01:09 PM

really? the one's i've seen he's done quite well in, and quite willing.

Edited by drumshanbo, 25 June 2011 - 01:10 PM.

Posted Image

#180 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 01:12 PM

Thomas Spelling from Denmark would be a good final pick IMO.