• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

#81 Hockeytown_Ryan

Hockeytown_Ryan

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 09:34 PM

How? Trade Datsyuk? Trade Filppula + Helm + Sheahan + Smith?

Highly doubt Wild 'wanted' a 2-way forward that doens't even score 20 goals, so Holland would have to sweeten the deal by throwing in Helm and Sheahan. And I highly doubt a team like the Wild want anything to do with a 10 year+ contact in Franzen. So who do they trade? You really think Holland should mortgage the future for a above average dman with concussion issues and will be an UFA next summer?

Really?

Boy, sure glad you are not the GM of this team...

Thankfully, Illitch is too smart to hire anyone with your inabilities anyhow.

I suppose your Office is next to Hollands? didnt think so! since you got it all figured out... and seem to have all the answers.... who is our Defensive pick up this year Genius??

San Jose seemed to think he was worth something.... why didnt we...?
Flip + Smith + Sheahan + Helm = Setoguchi? to you? whoa!!!!!! and MY Inabilities are in question.

San Jose did not give up a Datsyuk in that deal..so please take your condescending tude elsewhere!

Edited by Hockeytown_Ryan, 25 June 2011 - 09:41 PM.

#82 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 09:42 PM

I suppose your Office is next to Hollands? didnt think so! since you got it all figured out... and seem to have all the answers.... who is our Defensive pick up this year Genius??

San Jose seemed to think he was worth something.... why didnt we...?

Way to dodge the question 'Hockeytown_Ryan'. There appears to be some decent UFA options out there that can be had without giving up assets. Holland can even afford to overpay for a 1yr deals if needed.

Again, San Jose seemed to think he was worth something because they HAVE ASSETS TO GIVE UP. Red Wings do not. Unless you want Red Wings to be bottom feeders for the next 7 years because Holland gave the future studs away for a one-year chance.

Smith has a higher ceiling than Burns... so lets give him a way for a concussed UFA defenseman? And hey, Wild will demand Sheahan, Helm and Filpulla too, Git-R-Done Kenny!!!11

You are a tool

EDIT:

San Jose did not give up a Datsyuk in that deal..so please take your condescending tude elsewhere!

Probably because they have mid-level top 6 assets to trade. Who do Wings have in that category, Holmstrom, Bertuzzi? Lol.

Wings junk is not worth gold, sparky.

Edited by Heaten, 25 June 2011 - 09:44 PM.

#83 Hockeytown_Ryan

Hockeytown_Ryan

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 09:45 PM

Way to dodge the question 'Hockeytown_Ryan'. There appears to be some decent UFA options out there that can be had without giving up assets. Holland can even afford to overpay for a 1yr deals if needed.

Again, San Jose seemed to think he was worth something because they HAVE ASSETS TO GIVE UP. Red Wings do not. Unless you want Red Wings to be bottom feeders for the next 7 years because Holland gave the future studs away for a one-year chance.

Smith has a higher ceiling than Burns... so lets give him a way for a concussed UFA defenseman? And hey, Wild will demand Sheahan, Helm and Filpulla too, Git-R-Done Kenny!!!11

You are a tool

Source????

because if it is you... You are the tool!

thats ok.. when we are all here this time next year and we got ousted early...Nick hangs them up and the best we have under contract is Kindl you might wish we had a nice "Ready for NHL" defense to continue for this team ( not to say we wont extend the contracts of a couple guys! - just saying right now thats all we have past this year...)

Just sayin' right now 3 teams in our conference ( That were already good) got better...and us.... we got 3 2nd round picks and guys for the minors for the next few years! ....

Edited by Hockeytown_Ryan, 25 June 2011 - 09:53 PM.

#84 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 09:57 PM

Source????

You're an idiot. If you think Burns could have been had for Red Wings garbage, then I don't know what to tell you. Why do you think Wild would take less from us when they got a pretty damn good deal from Sharks?

What can Detroit offer that is better than the deal they got from the Sharks? Hudler? Bertuzzi? Holmstrom?

Who????

Lets look at this objectively, Setoguchi is a young top 6, large body, 20-30 goal scorer who just signed a 3 year contract at a bargain @ $3mil per. Sharks also throw in a highly-regarded 1st round choice in Charlie Coyle (8.0 prospect grade) and a first round draft pick.

What could Detroit realistically offer to 'one-up' that deal?

#85 Wingzman91

Wingzman91

2nd Pair Defenseman

• Bronze Booster
  • 309 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 09:59 PM

Tool happens to be a good band :P

Seriously, this isn't that big a deal, Burns would have been awesome, but, who is to say we don't get him next year?

Patience, grasshoppa, alot said Vancouver had it in the bag when they got Ballard and July 1st Hamhuis.

We WILL sign someone and you'll love him just as much as you'd ever loved Burns.

Atleast I will :P

#86 Hockeytown_Ryan

Hockeytown_Ryan

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 10:02 PM

Tool happens to be a good band :P

Seriously, this isn't that big a deal, Burns would have been awesome, but, who is to say we don't get him next year?

Patience, grasshoppa, alot said Vancouver had it in the bag when they got Ballard and July 1st Hamhuis.

We WILL sign someone and you'll love him just as much as you'd ever loved Burns.

Atleast I will :P

Probably right and I hope so!

#87 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 10:05 PM

I'm not so much pissed as very concerned.

Sharks = Better
Kings = Better
Columbus = Better (but still not contender)

Some good news:

Blackhawks = Worse

With the loss of Rafalski the Wings are without question worse. We need to add a top 3 defensemen and and a top 6 forward without question to remain competitive with SJ. We are undersized at forward as it was and now with Burns in SJ we REALLY need some size up front.

I have this sick feeling that we will not spend to the Cap and Ilitch is tight on money for the Wings. I hope I'm very very wrong.

The Hawks got better too, they got out from under the contract and will have more maneuverability.

I don't know about that money issue at all. He was looking at buying the Pistons and didn't. He has a bunch of money, I think we just are dealing with the cap life.

He's a young Defensmen. it took LGW over two months to realize we aren't getting Weber, and there are still some on here that think we can lol

15% chance next year.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#88 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 10:05 PM

The Hawks got better too, they got out from under the contract and will have more maneuverability.

I don't know about that money issue at all. He was looking at buying the Pistons and didn't. He has a bunch of money, I think we just are dealing with the cap life.

Ilitch is not short on money.

#89 Hockeytown_Ryan

Hockeytown_Ryan

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 10:06 PM

You're an idiot

stopped after that..... I see the classless comments and no longer wish to continue this discussion with you.

grow up and stop calling people YOU DO NOT KNOW... names. that is pretty rude in my opinion. and just so it is clear... I did call you a tool....because you decided to
start the name calling... I wont do it again! I got sucked in and that was MY mistake...

#90 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 10:23 PM

There might still be trades to have.

grow up and stop calling people YOU DO NOT KNOW... names. that is pretty rude in my opinion.

But... I thought that was what the internet was for... :lol:

Ilitch is not short on money.

I know, that is why I said that in response to someone thinking we are out of money. He clearly has money.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#91 YzerPucks19

YzerPucks19

Prospect

• 36 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 10:33 PM

If they don't sign Franzen to a long term deal they couldn't have dealt him for Burns and a draft pick. Franzen has been horrible since the big signing.
Don't know when he will show up.

Wings need D bad.

Holland could have had 5 picks in the 2nd round don't mean s***. All 5 picks could turn out to be s*** for the Franchise long term.

It's is time for this team to get younger this season.

Holland has to make some deals. Missed Brewer and Burns.

Wish they kept Yzerman instead. At least he is trying to get Tampa better.

I found out that if you are going to win games, you had better be ready to adapt.

Scotty Bowman

#92 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 10:59 PM

Wish they kept Yzerman instead. At least he is trying to get Tampa better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_gst-Ryh3g

Posted Image

#93 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 11:49 PM

Holland has to make some deals. Missed Brewer and Burns.

I don't think Brewer was available for him to 'miss' and I'll pass on offering too much for a defenseman with a history of concussions for 1 year.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#94 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 01:20 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_gst-Ryh3g

Ya. lol.

I love it when people on here think that they know the finer points of management and what's going on behind the scenes. It's amusing.

#95 Datsyerberger

Datsyerberger

"Dat's yer burger, Hank."

• HoF Booster
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 01:52 AM

In my opinion, the Sharks win or at least break even on the Burns trade if they

A: win the cup
B: and/or re-sign him after next season

Otherwise, the Wild definitely bent them over.
If some bored artist wants to make me a signature, feel free to cut loose and do so.

Of course, I could get off my lame rear and do something.

#96 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 05:04 AM

Just sayin' right now 3 teams in our conference ( That were already good) got better...and us.... we got 3 2nd round picks and guys for the minors for the next few years! ....

What you forgot was the most important thing though: the Wings have cap space and free agency hasn't even begun yet.
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#97 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,538 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 07:56 AM

There are 29 other teams in the league. Just like Wings can't win the Cup every year Holland can't get every player that seems suitable.

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic |
| Tom Waits - Get Behind the Mule | | Mikael Samuelsson Forever | | Mike Grier? |

#98 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 08:25 AM

I'm sooooo looking forward to the next Ken or Mike's interview to any of Wings related media.They simply can't get away without asking about Burns trade,right? :unsure:

#99 RedFX

RedFX

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 09:19 AM

Why do people think they need to put words into other peoples mouths???..... I never once thought that Burns for nothing....

Well when a quote from Babcock says something to the effect of "They just hit a home run," "That's a gold medal pick. I'm pissed off."
That kinda tells me that Holland had the ability...just not the willingness to go ahead and pull the trigger! which means No body wants Hudler and Flip is off limits.... no trades get done to better our selves we must rely on Free Agency... Jagr anyone???

I am sure trade talks are like a fever during the draft... everyone catches one! But jeez..... with a quality D man that you know you need.... you make that deal happen.

Again, you're missing the point. Just because Detroit and Minnesota were talking about Burns doesn't mean that Kenny never tried to pull the trigger. All that means is that San Jose was able to offer Minnesota more of what they were looking for. Flip is not the type of player the Wild were looking for. They wanted a pure goal-scoring winger, and Setoguchi is that player. Yes, Sheahan is probably expendable in that convo, but other than that and a draft pick, the Wings didn't have that last piece that they needed. San Jose did. s*** happens. The next time a D man becomes available, maybe It'll go our way.

Ken Holland may be a hall of fame executive someday. I trust his judgement.
-15-
Posted Image
"I don't like to be the pony. I like to be on top." -Pavel Datsyuk

#100 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 08:34 PM

Source????

thats ok.. when we are all here this time next year and we got ousted early...Nick hangs them up and the best we have under contract is Kindl you might wish we had a nice "Ready for NHL" defense to continue for this team ( not to say we wont extend the contracts of a couple guys! - just saying right now thats all we have past this year...)

So, whom do you figure the Wild would have asked for from us? The Sharks gave up a good, young offensive forward, a high-level defensive prospect and a first-round pick. What do you think it would have taken the Wings to match that?